“Another GREAT stay!”
Review of Ramada Fargo

Ramada Fargo
Ranked #34 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Reviewed January 24, 2013

This was our 2nd stay at the Fargo Doublewood in the past year or so. The front desk staff were very friendly when I talked to them on the phone and full of smiles when we checked in. We ran into a couple housekeeping staff as well and they were so nice and told us to let them know if we needed anything.
We had to use the hotel's pack n play for my son and I was very surprised how nice and clean it was... I was a little afraid of what we might end up getting!
We didn't eat at the restaurant at all, but do plan to check it out the next time we stay there this upcoming summer.
THANK YOU DOUBLEWOOD AND SEE YOU AGAIN SOON!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Anthony S, Assistant General Manager at Ramada Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

I would like to thank you for your review, and for returning to our property and allowing us to serve you again. I am very pleased to hear that you had another great stay. I would encourage that the next time you are here and the weather is cooperating (at some point it will!), that you see what our kitchen has to offer while enjoying our patio. It is truly one of a kind in the FM area. Thank you again!

Reviewed January 9, 2013

checked in and then noticed pool and hot tub is closed for the rest of the year to build rock wall. no continental breakfast. rooms seem nice though, close to restaurants and shopping malls, target, walmart and west acres mall is very close to the hotel

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Anthony S, Assistant General Manager at Ramada Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Thank you for your review. I would like to first address your concern with the pool area. It is true that our pool is currently closed as we are upgrading and adding new features to the pool area, but it closed January 6th and will be opened back up January 18th. We do not offer a continental breakfast because we have a full service restaurant on site. We offer our guests a special for $2.99 which includes eggs prepared to your liking, hash browns and toast. Thank you again for staying with us, and we hope that when our pool is opened back up, we will see you again to test our new upgrades.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Stayed here on Dec 29th and 30th. Booked rooms with Priceline as that was the only good thing about our stay, the reduced price. You get what you pay for. Hotel needs to desparately update carpet and bedding in room. Odd smell in hallway and room. Could have been converted smoking room. Pool area is undesirable even with small upgrades in the future. No continental breakfast. Room cleaning was pathetic as garbage was not emptied and new towels were thrown about. Bed linens did not fit the bed, pillows were old, and bedding was old and scratchy. Tough to complain to the front desk when there are many deficiencies, especially when the 2 nights are paid for in advance. Stay anywhere else, please!

• Stayed: December 2012
Anthony S, Assistant General Manager at Ramada Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Thank you for your review on your previous stay. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations during your stay. As you mentioned, we do have pool upgrades coming in the next couple of weeks which we are quite excited for. The rock climbing wall will be the only one in the Fargo Moorhead area. We do not offer a continental breakfast but we do have a full service restaurant onsite which does offer a special to our hotel guests for $2.99 which includes eggs prepared to your liking, hash browns and toast. I am very regretful that our housekeeping staff provided you with the type of service that they did. I will be following up with our Executive Housekeeper to see why your bed had incorrect linens and correct these behaviors for future stays. From all of us here at the Doublewood, we hope that you will stay with us again next time you are in Fargo so that you are able to further see the upgrade we are making to our property and that providing the best customer service available is our biggest belief.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

I was very disapointed by my visit to this establishment. When my family entered the room, we realized it was very small with little movable space. The room was not fully cleaned by housekeeping staff. We found small toys and change under the bed skirts. Also they do not offer a continental breakfast in the morning which should be advertised when taking reservations or upon checkin. The walls were very thin and being that our room was right across from the laundry room, it was disatisfying having to walk out of our room and see a room full of dirtiness and we could hear the washers/dryers in our room. On top of everything else, although I understand it happens, the sauna was not working. Overall I was not satisfied with my stay here and would recommend that people stay elsewhere if they are looking for a relaxing and inviting stay away from home.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Anthony S, Assistant General Manager at Ramada Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Thank you for your review. First let me apologize that things did not go as you expected for your stay with us. Our housekeeping staff takes great pride in the work that they do, and I will follow up with them to see why they had these issues. We do not offer a continental breakfast because we offer a full service restaurant. We offer a hotel guest special for $2.99 where you can get your choice of eggs, hash browns and toast. I also apologize that the sauna was not working while you were here. I will be following up with our maintenance man immediately with that issue as well. Thank you again for staying with us and I hope that you will let us serve you again.

Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

Overall this property is just worn down. The room I was in, had peeling and cut wallpaper. The Formica was coming apart. The bed sagged.
The hallway carpet was dingy. Also the carpet edges were completely dirty, looked like they had never been vacuumed.
Breakfast was not included, but the restaurant offered it

• Stayed: November 2012

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are currently in the process of placing granite countertops in all of our sleeping rooms which eliminate any Formica issues there may be. We do not offer complimentary breakfast because we have our full service restaurant on site, but we do offer a breakfast special for $2.99 which includes your choice off eggs, hash browns and toast. I thank you for your business and I hope you will give us another chance once our upgrades are completed and you are in the FM area again.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

My family came to Fargo for the weekend to visit some relatives and a pool side room. We were a little hesitant to book it after reading the reviews, but they were far from the truth! The room had a nice granite vanity, mini fridge, and microwave. I am personally a huge fan of hotels that have white comforters, then I know they really are clean! Clean beds, clean room. We were also really impressed with lounge they had on site (great outdoor space for the fam) An office manager was even coming around to check on everyone.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Anthony S, Assistant General Manager at Ramada Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Thank you for your review. I am glad that you did not let the other reviews you have read sway your decision to stay with us. The granite vanity is a new feature we are currently in the process of installing in all of our rooms which we are very excited for. Be sure to come back after the first of the year as we should have some new water features installed in the pool area by then! Thank you again for your review and for the opportunity for our staff to serve you and your family.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

My family stayed at the Doublewood Inn on November 8, 2012. We were disappointed. The room was extremely small for a family of 2 adults and 2 small children. The room appeared clean until we had been in it for a short period of time. We discovered an empty soft drink box behind a chair, and the room edges and corners needed a cleaning. The hot water was leuk warm, and the miniscule sink and counter area was very inconvenient. Towels in the room were rough and need replacing. The room in general was too small for 2 queen size beds. Although free wifi is available we could not get our laptops to connect. We would not stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Anthony S, Assistant General Manager at Ramada Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Thank you for staying with us. I apologize for the soft drink left behind; I will be following up with our housekeeping department to assure this does not happen again for future stays. I appreciate your feedback. Thank you again for allowing the opportunity to let us serve you.