“Average Hotel-Unhandy location”
Review of Ramada Fargo

Ramada Fargo
Ranked #34 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Reviewed October 16, 2012

The hotel is located on 13th Avenue which is good, but too far East to walk to any restaurants
or anything else. We asked the staff where we could walk to eat, and there were only 2 near enough. If we had stayed closer to the mall, there would have been many more choices. The lobby was nice, but there was a very funky smell in the stairwell on the way to our room. The room was clean, but dated. We went down to the lounge. The price of our drinks (same ones) kept changing all night. More expensive early, then less expensive later...hmmm. The dinner at the restaurant was disappointing. The salad was limp and wilted. There were no popovers left, which is a feature. The vegetables were not hot. However, my walleye was very good. Service was very friendly. All in all, I am not sure I would recommend this hotel. But again, you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: If you need a window to the outdoors, be sure to ask for that. Our window looked out into a hallw...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Anthony S, Assistant General Manager at Ramada Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Thank you for your review. I’m not sure the day of the week you stayed with us and used our Lounge but we have different drink specials on Mondays, Thursdays and Sundays during NFL games along with different specials, daily, during happy hour and then again from 9 P.M. until close. We are currently in the process of upgrading all of our sleeping rooms with new granite countertops which we are very excited for. I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your walleye; we are getting a lot of good feedback on it. Thank you again for staying with us.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Very happy with our stay at the Doublewood in Fargo!
We have stayed many times and they are always updating things...so that is good to know!
We ordered room service for breakfast and it was sooo good and very prompt!
Cleaning staff on our way out was friendly as well!
Beautiful Lobby!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Anthony S, Assistant General Manager at Ramada Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Thank you for your review. I’m very happy that you have been noticing the upgrades we are making! We are certainly excited for the things to come as well. I’m also happy that your most important meal of the day was a delicious one. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed October 15, 2012

My 2 month old and I were recently in Fargo for a Baby Shower and stayed at the Doublewood. The staff was so friendly and helpful! Our room was ready when we got there (which was actually an hour before "check in" time) and they even had a VERY CLEAN pack-n-play for my son to sleep in. The room was in good shape, comfy bed and the bathroom looked to have been updated recently with granite or a granite-like countertop. The food was good. I was very happy with what we received for the price we paid. When we plan our next trip to Fargo, we will definitely be staying at the Doublewood again!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your review and congratulations on the baby! We pride ourselves on giving the best customer service one can receive and it sounds like we nailed it with you. The granite countertops are certainly an exciting addition for us. I am also very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our Sealy Posturepedic beds; we are hearing great feedback on them. Thank you once more for your business and we look forward to serving you again!

Reviewed October 14, 2012

This place is exactly what you pay for, a low budget hotel. We stayed in September and found the room smelt like disinfectant, the carpet dirty to the point that we would not walk on it without shoes on. My advice is pay a little more and sleep in a clean place. This is what you get for arriving late at night.

Stayed: September 2012
Anthony S, Assistant General Manager at Ramada Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Thank you for staying with us this past September. I apologize that your room smelt like disinfectant, the cleaning products we use are a high grade and unfortunately may leave an unpleasant odor of cleanliness behind for a few hours after being cleaned. We have quarterly deep cleaning schedules in place for all of our sleeping rooms, whether they show that they need shampooing or not. We quite often receive compliments on how clean our rooms are, and I know our Housekeeping staff takes great pride in that. Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope that you will give us another try next time you are in town.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

The Doublewood is past needing updating. The walls are worn. The carpeting is worn. The people are nice but you can find more value for your dollar at most other hotels in the area in my opinion. I would rate this a two star hotel because the property is worn down. I would look elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Anthony S, Assistant General Manager at Ramada Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Thank you for your review. First I would like to thank you on giving recognition to our staff; we pride ourselves on our customer service. Although you feel we are past updating, we are currently in the process of installing granite into all of our sleeping rooms. We are always making improvements and upgrades to our hotel.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I had stayed in Doublewood inn on every floor and I got to say the rooms are not that well cleaned nor maintenance or up keep is not being done. The beds are very lumpy and some sag in the middle. It was funny how they tried to correct it by putting an egg crag and then a memory foam on top of it and they expect people pay the price for the room. The curtains are a laugh look like moth eatten or sun bleach so the sun shines in .. the elevators are scary.

Room Tip: it is not worth coming in a place that the appearance looks good when you walk when the rooms are ho...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Anthony S, Assistant General Manager at Ramada Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Thank you for your review. We take all feedback we get, whether good or bad, very seriously. We are currently undergoing a renovation of the sleeping rooms which are all receiving granite at this time. The memory toppers are there for your convenience as we are waiting for a shipment of new beds to arrive. I would love to hear of your other experiences at our property as you have stayed on every floor. We quite often get compliments on how comfortable our Sealy Posturepedic beds are. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to have you back once our renovations are complete.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

My husband and I stayed here on business and it was one of the last rooms in town that day, even though I reserved early in the morning. We paid $129.99 AARP rate and it included breakfast. Our room was a King NS 2 room suite. While the room was quite nice and clean, the mattress on the bed was old and the sheets were thread bare and even having a hole in the bottom sheet. This left a bad impression with us. Internet worked good in the room and was free. Breakfast the next morning was served in the restaurant just off the lobby and was quite good. I'm not sure if we will stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Anthony S, Assistant General Manager at Ramada Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback on your stay. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the room and how clean it was. I am not happy to hear that the mattress was not up to your expectations and that the sheet had worn thin. We use all of the feedback we receive to make improvements to our hotel with the guest solely in mind. On another positive note I’m glad the internet worked well; we are in the process of upgrading all our wireless units to ensure the quality and speed is everything you would want. We also pride ourselves on the breakfast that we serve; after all it is the most important meal of the day. We truly hope next time you are in Fargo you will give us another chance not because we are the last hotel available, but because you know our expectations are to provide the best customer service available.