“Housekeep needs work!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
North Dakota, USA
“Housekeep needs work!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

After reading the other tripadvisor reviews, I was excited to book here. Unfortunately, I found that it did not live up to the reviews.

Our room was not clean. The bathroom floor had some sort of dirt/grit all over it. Then, I went to use the toilet and lifted the seat to find OBVIOUS dried urine on the seat. Then we went to make up the hid-a-bed with the sheets in the closet. They were in a plastic bag, so I thought clean. They were covered in DISGUSTING sweat stains and who knows what else. The coffee pot was not cleaned. It was just one thing after another.

The breakfast was nice and the front desk friendly.

I will not be staying here again though, based on the dirty surprises I found.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Danielle H, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Fargo, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Thank you for staying with us on your recent trip to Fargo! We value you as a guest and your feedback is instrumental to our success. I am very sorry to hear that your room was not clean upon your arrival. I can assure you that this is not acceptable nor is it up to our brand standards. I have reviewed this review with my housekeeping team and Executive housekeeper to ensure that this does not happen again. We take room cleanliness very seriously and I would like the opportunity to visit with you about your stay. Please feel free to contact me at danielle@fargostaybridge.com or I can also be reached by phone at 701-281-4900. We would love a second chance for you to come back and stay with us so we can show you the true Staybridge experience that our guests RAVE about in these reviews.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Bismarck, ND
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

Great place and good location close to freeway and shopping. The breakfast area was large enough so you didn't have to wait for a table. The food was good too. The room was perfect for watching the NDSU play off game before we left for the evening. We used an online service and found the price very reasonable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay there again. The only complaint I have, and I meant to tell the staff but then didn't, was that there was cold air coming in underneath the heater in the bedroom. As it was a cold night, I stuffed pillows under it to block the cold.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Danielle H, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Fargo, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about the Staybridge Suites in Fargo, ND. Your opinion really matters to us and we value your feedback. Thank you for noticing our wonderful breakfast buffet that features over 25 hot and cold items and is served daily. Our breakfast area has been newly remodeled and is very spacious with additional seating. I am very glad that the suite worked out for your needs. Thank you for noticing the great customer service that our team provides to each and every guest. I am very sorry that cold air was coming in underneath the heater in the bedroom. I would like to thank you for bringing this to my attention, if you could please email me at danielle@fargostaybridge.com and let me know which suite you stayed in so this can be corrected for the next guest that stays with us I would really appreciate it. We look forward to your next stay with us!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

We've stayed at this hotel 50 night's this year and it's by far the best hotel in the Midwest. Fresh, delicious complimentary breakfast. Clean, tidy, up to date hotel. Friendly, courteous staff. Home cooked weekday meals during social time. Business center, work out room, free laundry, and pool area!
Extremely reasonable pricing.
You will not regret this stay, rather look forward to next time!

• Stayed January 2014
Danielle H, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Fargo, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about the Staybridge Suites in Fargo, ND. Your feedback is important to us! We enjoyed your stay with us as much as your did! We are truly flattered that you feel our Hotel is “the best in the Midwest.” Thank you for taking the time to point out all of the complimentary amenities that we provide to our guests. They certainly make you feel at home during your stay. I will be sure to share this wonderful review with our staff!
Fargo, North Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

What a GREAT place to stay. It was quiet and not too busy. The staff were friendly and inviting. The room was very clean and well kept. Being from Fargo it was the perfect place for date night. We were able to get away to close restaurants and come back and enjoy the pool and hot tub.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Blake H, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Fargo, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Thank you for posting a review about the Staybridge Suites in Fargo, ND. We value you as a guest and your feedback is important to us! I am so glad that you enjoyed your Date Night! Thank you for noticing our friendly staff and clean well kept rooms. I am glad you had time to enjoy the pool and hot tub too. We hope that you can stay with us again in the future!
Dilworth, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

The minute we walked in the door we were impressed not only with the facility but the friendly staff. This hotel is huge and has a lot going on. Although it was near the holidays and there was not what I think they called 'social hour' we thought that was a great idea...they have gatherings in the evenings for everyone staying at the hotel. It makes the hotel seem more like a social environment vs. a stuffy old boring hotel. The room was amazing! I was blown away by the space and the fully stocked kitchen! We also took time to enjoy the gym! we didn't make it to the pool but we did peek in and it looked like everyone was enjoying themselves. I loved the fact that we could rent movies...a ton of variety that kept us busy while it was blizzarding outside. Breakfast was by far the best part, the spread was amazing! I truly can't say enough good things about our experience at Staybridge and we look forward to the next time we stay!

Room Tip: if you are traveling with a big group or family their double room suites with full kitchen are the w...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Blake H, Guest Service Representative at Staybridge Suites Fargo, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about the Staybridge Suites in Fargo, ND on TripAdvisor! Thank you for taking the time to notice that our staff and facility are outstanding! The Social is a great place for our guests to meet other guests staying with us, especially if they are staying for a long period of time. Thank you for noticing our rooms as well. We take great pride in our suites and what they have to offer our guests. We do have a great gym too! I am glad you were able to take advantage of our DVD rentals, as we have many to offer our guests at no charge. I am so glad you noticed the variety at our breakfast buffet we do offer 25 hot and cold items daily and it is also complimentary! We are looking forward to your next stay with us!
Bismarck, North Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

I make it a point to stay at a Staybridge Suites whenever possible. I stayed at the Fargo Staybridge Suites on February 7th while in town for the Justin Timberlake concert. As always, the staff goes out of their way to make you feel welcome, the rooms are perfectly comfortable, and there is no better breakfast at any other hotel. See you next time - thanks Staybridge Fargo!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Danielle H, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Fargo, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor about the Staybridge Suites in Fargo, ND. We value you as a guest and your feedback is really important to us! I am so glad that you enjoyed your recent stay with us! Thank you for noticing how wonderful our staff is and how they go above and beyond to provide excellent service to each and every guest. Thank you for noticing how great our breakfast is! We provide a breakfast buffet with over 25 hot and cold items so there is always something everyone will enjoy. We look forward to your next stay with us!
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

We reserved the Staybridge Fargo for our annual Black Friday girls trip. 4 adults & 2 kids. We took the 2 bedroom suite - good choice for us.

The suite had 1 king bed in one bedroom, the 2nd bedroom offered 2 double beds. Each room has it's own full bathroom & TV. They also have doors that you can close for privacy as they open out into the common area. There is a fully equipped kitchen, dishes, utensils, glasses etc with a 2 burner cooktop, microwave and full sized fridge with freezer - NO OVEN. The sitting area is much smaller than depicted in the hotel photos but was adequate with a love seat, chair & TV with DVD player.

The hotel itself was very quiet, we were in room 200 which was on the end at one of the smaller wings so it was in a pretty quiet location but even heading down to the pool or for breakfast all was quiet even though the hotel was full.

Pool is nice, small but clean - same with the hot tub. You have to go through the breakfast area to get to the pool so if you're at all shy about being seen in a bathing suit be sure to bring a coverup!

Breakfast is about as good as it gets for these types of hotels. Waffles were light & fluffy, each day they offered oatmeal plus a different hot item - one day it was cheese omelettes with bacon, another day it was sausages & scrambled eggs with hasbrowns. Fruit, yogurt, cereal, pastries, coffee, juice & milk - something for everyone. They even have little to go bags so you can take stuff up to your room without feeling like you've overindulged - nice touch.

Very accommodating front desk staff - quick, efficient and if I had anything negative to say about the hotel it was that the front desk people were less than friendly. Not the usual bubbly customer service type person you would expect at the front desk - just kind of a plain jane no nonsense person. They did their job but didn't convince me that they actually liked what they were doing.

Over all this is a great place to stay. It's a little off the beaten path & if you're like me & get lost in an elevator, you'll need a GPS to find it the first time around. Clean, well maintained. The cost is a little on the high side but worth the little extra for the privacy, extra bathroom, full fridge & sitting area. Close to shopping, food & Costco it's a great choice.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Emmapawprints
Blake H, Guest Service Representative at Staybridge Suites Fargo, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor! It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! It sounds like you got the opportunity to enjoy nearly every one of the great amenities we offer our guests. We try our hardest to make sure that all of our guests are taken care of and feel as at home as possible, and our amenities help make it possible! It's wonderful that the two-bedroom two-bathroom suite worked well for the big group that you brought in! We know how cramped it can get in one room with that many people. We're glad to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay with us at the Staybridge Suites in Fargo and we hope that we'll see you again this year for your Black Friday outing!