“Perfectly Comfortable”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Perfectly Comfortable”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

All the comforts of home and more!

If you are coming to Fargo and plan on staying a while, this is the hotel for you!

I've been staying at the Staybridge Suites in Fargo ND, for business on a weekly basis for 7 months since July 2012. During this time I’ve probably sampled over half the rooms of the hotel so I feel that I can speak to the condition of the property and to the attentiveness of the staff.

When I first arrived I was pleasantly surprised at the rooms with their luxury bedding, furnishing, and kitchenettes. There is an exercise room, free laundry and great common areas including an enclosed courtyard and large fireplace. I especially like the LCD TVs, WIFI and the warm colors. Most importantly, the hotel is kept very clean.

A couple a weeks ago they upgraded their beds. I was happy with the old beds however the new ones are very comfortable and help me fall asleep quickly! Recently during a flight delay I stayed at a full service 4 start hotel that didn’t compare in comfort to this Staybridge Suites hotel.

Look, I’m not going to sit here and tell you that it’s always sunny in Philadelphia (which it’s not). Things happen all the time. When issues come up the staff here resolves them in a timely professional manner. Speaking of the staff, I feel that they are what make this place a great value. Everyone here listens to you! They are tuned into you and your needs. One thing that impressed me during my first week here was that the person who checked me in actually remembered my name days later.

Breakfast is served daily. It’s usually the basics plus a hot entree to get your day going. They have some nice offerings. During the week there’s a social hour where without trying I networked with my fellow guests. The food is good and not some paltry appetizer that some places serve. They aren’t afraid to mix things up a bit so the long term guests like me don’t get bored.

When I come to Fargo I will always stay at the Staybridge Suites!

Room Tip: They're all good!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank CompuStuff610
Danielle H, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Fargo, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about us on TripAdvisor! We appreciate your loyalty over the past 7 months you have truly become a member of our extended stay family! At the Staybridge Suites in Fargo, we strive to give you the home-like surroundings you want, with all the little things you need. We know that it is not easy being on the road for days, weeks, or even months at a time, so it is important to us that you feel welcome, connected and completely comfortable in every way during your stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed December 24, 2012

I stayed here on a business trip for 3 nights and truly enjoyed my stay in a studio style room with a kitchenette. This is a brand new hotel with luxury linens, clean, comfortable beds, and a delicious breakfast and social hour. The pool was on the small side but clean. Don't forgot the helpful and friendly staff.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Tiffany I, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Fargo, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor. At the Staybridge Suites of Fargo, we strive for great customer service, cleanliness and great amenities.
Bismarck, North Dakota
Reviewed December 17, 2012

My husband and I had stayed at this hotel numerous time in the past and always have had a good experience. Until our last visit. We checked in and made our way to our room. Upon opening the door the room had a terrible odor. And smelled as if no ones had cleaned it in quite some time. I returned down to the front desk and asked if it was possible to have a different room. The gal told us they were booked for the night so a new room was not an option. I was also told and I quote "there was an Indian gentleman that stayed in your room for five days prior to your arrival. He may have just cooked some food and the smell is still lingering. If you would like you can use a bottle of deodorizing spray we have available to guests to see if that helps. However, right now another guest is using that spray, but you can use it when they return it.". In my opinion, this was the WORST customer service I have ever received at a hotel. Why is it so frequent that your rooms smell that you have deodorizing spray available at the front desk? And why as a guest should I be responsible for making my room smell better and clean? Shouldn't you have housekeeping staff for this? We stayed two nights in that room and the smell never did get better. Maybe a good cleaning every now and then would be helpful. I am very disappointed in the service and very much doubt that my family will visit this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kamie07
Thank you so much for posting this review on Tripadvisor. Your comments are instrumental to our success and taken seriously. We have used this feedback to better our hotel and customer service. We apologize that we did not meet your expectations.
We hope that you will stay with us again the next time you are in the Fargo area so we can provide the "good experience" you've had in the past.
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed December 9, 2012

We stayed at this hotel first weekend in December. We have stayed there before and always had a great experience. This time was no different, the hotel was great.

Now for the sideshow. We made reservations for a King Suite through Hotels.com and prepaid for 2 nights. When we checked in we discovered we had been given a Queen studio and were told that third party resellers like Hotels.com were always booking rooms that they didn't actually have inventory of. So long story short we stayed in the Queen studio for the weekend because the King suites were sold out.

Sunday I contacted Hotels.com and vented. The agent apologized and offered a $100 credit on our next booking. I laughed and asked to speak to his supervisor and stated that I wanted a full refund of one night which was provided. I have always assumed that when you book through a third party vendor they are giving you the straight goods, now I am not sure anymore. So just a heads up if you book online through Hotels.com contact the hotel directly to confirm you really have what you think you booked. Has this happened to anyone else before??

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Danielle H, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Fargo, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are so pleased to hear that everytime you stay with us, you have had a "great experience." We are also happy to hear that Hotels.Com resolved this issue for you by refunding one of your nights.
Rapid City, South Dakota
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We were on our way home from Minneapolis when our car decided to turn on & off, having 3 kids in the car we didn't want to take any chances so we looked up nearby hotels on our phone and went with this one. This hotel was in a great location! Breakfast was good, staff was ok (could of been more helpful) Might think about coming back if we are ever in Fargo area again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Danielle H, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Fargo, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor. Your comments are instrumental to our success. We are very sorry to hear that our staff did not meet your expectations. We pride ourselves in providing excellent customer service to each and every person who stays with us. We hope that you will choose Staybridge Suites next time you are in the Fargo area, so we can show you how amazing our staff really is!
Winnipeg
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Six of us were in town for a weekend of shopping, and the two-bedroom suite was perfect for us. It allowed us to have a common space to be together, but it was great to be able to retreat to the two bedrooms when we wanted.

We loved having the fridge, microwave and hot plate, and the dishwasher was a nice bonus. Although only one of us made it to the pool, she enjoyed it. The breakfast was better and more extensive than similar hotels I've stayed in, and the breakfast staff was very friendly.

While not the most modernly or expensively decorated, we spent most of our time out of the room, so it was fine. It was very affordable for our group, and we'd stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
We are so glad that you chose to stay at the Fargo Staybridge Suites during your shopping trip. The Two-Bedroom, Two-Bathroom Suite is perfect for a large group getaway. We have a spectacular breakfast with 25 hot and cold items daily. Our breakfast attendants are very eager to help and provide you with anything you might need. We are excited about our upcoming renovations to our breakfast area and the guest suites. Stay tuned!
Ramsey, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I stay in this hotel one week a month while traveling on business and love this place. The staff is Friendly and makes the hotel feel like a second home. The rooms are spacious and comfortable giving you the feeling of a furnished apartment not a small hotel room. I Highly recommend the stay bridge suite wether traveling with family or on business.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for posting this wonderful review on Tripadvisor! We are so glad to hear that the Staybridge Suites is like a home away from home for you. As an extended stay hotel, we specialize in providing all of the home-like surroundings you want, with all the little things you need. We know it isn't easy to be away from home, so it's important to us that you feel welcome, connected and completely comfortable in every way while you're here.