“Great Services”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Olivehurst, California
“Great Services”
Reviewed May 23, 2012

I enjoy my stay at Staybridge, everyone was very nice and helpful..I was a guest for about 4 months and would stay there again if every in the area again.
I was on a job assignment and it was my home away from home for the 4 months.
The suites are clean and the gym and laundry area is really nice..
Thank you for making my stay away from home enjoyable...

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
winnipeg
Reviewed April 27, 2012

When I booked at this hotel, I was not expexting the best, as we are used to staying in five star properties.
From the moment we checked in, to the moment we were driven to the airport FIVE STAR SERVICE ALL THE WAY.
Our Accomodation came with a kitchenette, plus two bedrooms one with a king and the other with two queen beds.
Room was very clean, and was stocked with coffee, cream, and both type of sweetners. I was aware a breakfast was included with the room, so expecting nothing but a dryed out pastry and some banged up fruit, to our surprise
it was a full buffett with hot and cold items, once again nothing short of five star quality. We were only booked for one night as the next day we were flying out to Vegas, not only did this hotel offer to drive us in the shuttle, they also let us keep our car in there secure parking lot til our return, AT NO EXTRA CHARGE, ALL INCLUDED IN THE ROOM PRICE.May I also add if that was not enough, they picked us up on our return. If you really want V$alue for your money STAY HERE, OH! I must also mention they have two computers in their Business Center, plus six washer and dryer on site, ONCE AGAIN ALL INCLUDED IN THE PRICE OF THE ROOM. Everytime I visit Fargo, you know where I'm staying, book for yourself, no need to pay five star prices, VERY AFFORDABLE, AND NO! I do not own the place, just a very satisfied customer, passing along a GREAT DEAL.

Rick & Deborah Lowing-Rybachuk

Room Tip: Instead of eating your luch and dinner out, most rooms comes supplied with a kitchenette, just buy a...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank deborahsWinnipeg
Winnipeg
Reviewed April 24, 2012

We didn't really enjoy our stay at this hotel. We booked a non-smoking room, however, we were placed in a non-smoking room on the smoking floor (3rd floor). Being 7 months pregnant and a non-smoker the stench of cigarette smoke the penetrated our room through the cracks in the door and ventilation system was brutal. When asked if we could be switched to a non-smoking floor, since we had booked a non-smoking room, the front desk simply said all the rooms were occupied. Nothing was done to correct the situation. Won't stay here again.

The free breakfast bar was nice...but not worth sucking back second hand smoke for two nights straight.

Room Tip: If you are a non-smoker request room on main or second floor. Might be less stinky there.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ginger_girl_lb
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Fargo, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Dear Ginger_girl_lb,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I do apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced. We are continually striving to improve the hospitality we offer, and comments from our guests are always welcome. We appreciate the feedback that we receive as this is crucial for us to improve the products & services that we offer.

Regards,
Brenda J.
IHGCare
Reviewed April 2, 2012

My husband, 2 sons and I recently stayed at the Fargo Staybridge Suites on 3/22/2012. It was a very short stay due to the fact that we only need the hotel for a few hours prior to our flight to Hawaii early on 3/23. I booked the hotel on line, prior to our arrival. My sons are 15 and 22 and both over 6 feet tall, so I try and look for accommodations that will allow all of us to feel comfortable, and it seemed your hotel would be a good fit. We live in Dickinson and my oldest son is a senior at UND, and due to the fact we all needed to be in Grand Forks the day after we returned from our trip, we flew out of Fargo.

We all arrived at your hotel close to midnight. My husband checked us in and the person at the front desk informed him that the hot water had just been fixed and that there should be hot water in a couple of hours. Since we would be leaving the hotel at 4:30 am, this concerned me. I called down and asked for verification that there would be hot water by 3:30, so that we all could shower prior to the trip. I was informed that “it’s fixed, and the men are coming back at 3 am to work on it and make sure there is hot water.” I explained that we would need hot water by 3:30 due to catching our flight, and all the person at the front desk said is “well, what do you want me to tell you? They said it was fixed and they’ll be back.”

Well, it wasn’t. The water was so cold that even washing my face was difficult. Needless to say, none of us showered prior to our 13 hour trip to Hawaii. Would I have stayed at your hotel if I would have known there wasn’t any hot water, of course not. But tell me what choice did I have at the late hour? Sounds like I should have read the other reviews on Trip Advisor to know that this seems to be an ongoing problem.

The rooms were nice. But the total disregard for our needs disappoints me greatly. I won't make this mistake again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank DickinsonHockeyMom
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Fargo, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Dear DickinsonHockeyMom,

I was disappointed to hear of the inconveniences you experienced during your stay and I can understand your frustration. We pride ourselves on delivering our guests a great experience at all times and I would like you to rest assured that the challenges you encountered are not indicative of our usual high standards. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you and rest assured your comments have been shared accordingly.

Brenda J.
IHGCare
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed February 28, 2012

I was in Fargo for a month long training trip and the Staybridge was a great place to stay. The staff was like family and laundy facilities and exercise room came in handy. Made great new friends, enjoyed Fargo, and a great stay at Staybridge!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Minnesota
Reviewed February 16, 2012

Where to begin......We stayed at the Staybridge Suites in Fargo for the first, and will be only, time over MLK weekend in January on a two night getaway weekend with our toddler. When in Fargo we usually stay at another hotel that is within line of sight from the Staybridge. However, on a whim we decided to check Hotwire and ended up with the Staybridge. At the time of booking we were positively thrilled. #1 rated hotel in Fargo on Trip Advisor, a suite room, fantastic looking pool in the photos on the Staybridge website - what could go wrong? We would soon find out.

Upon arrival in Fargo we confidently drove past our usual hotel and on to the Staybridge. The TripAdvisor award in the lobby confirmed our smug belief that we had truly scored with this deal. Our first inkling of disappointment was opening the door to our "suite". It was considerably smaller than many normal hotel rooms I have stayed in. The room was "U" shaped to make it feel like something other than a hotel room, but it was small. Bed was at best a small queen size, though it appeared to likely be only a full size. I guess a small stove and fridge qualify as a suite. We were put in a room right over the entrance to the hotel with a floodlight lighting up our room all night. A trip down to the pool was an even bigger disappointment. The pool pictured on the Staybridge website is **NOT** the same pool at the hotel. The website looks like a large pool area. In reality the "pool" is at best 25' x15' of extreme chlorination.

Retiring to our room in disappointment we could look out our window and see our usual place of stay in Fargo and feel the first pangs of remorse at our choice. Little did we know the worst was yet to come on Sunday morning.

Awaking a little after 9am the next morning my wife took our toddler to the "pool" for a morning dip while I headed for the shower. Turning on the water I quickly discovered that the difference between the water turned all the way to "hot" and all the way to "cold" was about the difference in the temperature of Lake Superior in September versus December. I headed downstairs to ask at the front desk if there was a problem with the hot water. At the desk the man ahead of me asked the woman with the "Manager on Duty" nametag if there was a problem with the hot water. She rather curtly replied that there was not, just that too many people were taking showers at once. The customer stated that there must be a problem as they had stayed here before and never had a lack of hot water. He was told even more sharply that there was NOT a problem with the hot water and that people needed to STOP using water to let the system catch up. The man indicated that he would follow up with management later, the "Manager on Duty" indicated indifference, and they parted ways. Watching this exchange I decided it was entirely futile to make a similar inquiry. So off I went to find the rest of my family at the "pool" and let them know that even though they were now highly chlorinated, showering was not an option.

Walking from the front desk to the "pool" area I had my first glimpse of the utter chaos that was the breakfast area. I think by my count there were a total of 12 tables in the entire breakfast area. We decided that since we were already downstairs and showing wasn't an option we might as well go to breakfast. There were far far more families in the area than tables. The food area is a small side room from the breakfast area adding to the chaos as every one milled around trying to get in or out of the food area with minimal interpersonal collisions, and then try to figure out where to sit down and eat. Most, like us, appeared to end up taking food up to the room as eating in the breakfast area clearly was not an option. Breakfast was scheduled to run until 10:30am that morning. We arrived there about 9:30am at which point the scrambled eggs and sausage were gone, one waffle iron was broken, hot cereal was gone, most remaining items were heavily picked over, and the staff looked to be on the verge of a collective nervous breakdown. (In fairness, coming back down around 10:20 more sausage had just been put out, though all other items looked the same or worse.) I overheard some remark by a breakfast staff member about not expecting that many people for breakfast that morning. How a hotel can not know the night before the number of people staying there and how many to expect at breakfast the next morning was yet another point of bafflement in our Staybridge experience.

Looking around the crowd at breakfast it was clear the vast majority of people had not had been able to shower and the universal greeting that morning at breakfast and in the hallway was, "Did you have any hot water?" It was very unclear from the unshowered condition of the breakfast crowd who the evil hot water-hogging guests were that had drained the boilers before the rest of us awoke.

Returning to our "suite" with breakfast in hand we couldn't help but notice our usual place of stay out the window in the distance. And the pangs of regret grew stronger.

Upon our return to our "suite" I again checked the shower. The temperature difference between hot and cold was now that of Lake Superior in November versus December. I walked back down to the front desk to inquire if there had been any change in the hot water status and was told quite curtly by the "Manager on Duty" that the maintenance man had been out, there was no problem with the hot water, and that the problem was too many guests trying to use the hot water. (Apparently there was a high concentration of people who enjoy long cold showers at the Staybridge that day.) Returning to our "suite" we decided that the best option for my wife and toddler to dechlorinate was to heat bathwater on the stove. We started heating water at 10:30am. Using the available pots and pans in the room and the stove it took us until nearly 1pm to heat enough water to make a reasonable bath. In other words, this unplanned "Little House on the Prairie" bath experience burned up the remainder of our morning and into the afternoon and in the process raised the humidity of our "suite" to about 98%. We periodically checked for hot water and there was none. By noon both taps ran equally cold.

At approximately 11:30am I again walked down to the front desk to inquire about the status of the hot water. This time a man was working the desk. He explained that the problem with the hot water was that the heating system for the hotel was not designed to be able to handle anywhere near a full hotel. And that since the hotel had been nearly full that morning, it was beyond what the hot water system was designed to handle. Assuming this explanation is correct - the hotel was never designed to actually be full - Staybridge Suite deserves an award for monumental engineering stupidity to put right next to that ironic TripAdvisor award in the front entrance.

Returning to our "suite" we resigned ourselves to finishing the project of boiling bath water old school style. On every trip to the tub with a pot of water our usual hotel of choice sat there out the window in the distance, mocking us for our foolish unfaithfulness.

We were finally dechlorinated and ready to leave about 1:30pm. Still no trace of warm water at the tap. On the way out the door I again asked at the front desk about the status of the hot water. "Manager on Duty" was back at the desk and again told me that the problem was everyone using the hot water and that if everyone would stop using the hot water it would come back in about an hour. Now the pure silliness of this excuse was apparent with a look in the parking lot. This was 1:30pm on a Sunday, after checkout time, with less than a dozen cars in the lot. Yet the Manager on Duty continued to blame phantom guests taking cold showers for the lack of hot water. Other than perhaps housekeeping doing laundry, it's very unclear to me who could possible have been using water in any volume at that time on a Sunday afternoon.

As our schedule for the day had been completely sabotaged by the water fiasco, we didn't return to the Staybridge Suites until late in the evening. Had we not been on a Hotwire deal for two nights we certainly would have left. In fairness Monday morning was a very different experience. With far fewer people at breakfast the food was good, staff much more relaxed, and the Manager on Duty was far more professional in appearance and attitude than anyone we encountered over the weekend. Our experience on Monday is the only reason I am rating the Staybridge as "Poor" instead of "Terrible". Still the damage was done for us and we are not likely to stay there again, nor can I recommend that anyone else do so either. As we left the Staybridge we passed our usual hotel one last time to regret what could have been a very different weekend had we gone with our original plans to stay there. "For all the sad words of tongue and pen, the saddest are these - it could have been."

Room Tip: Do NOT take a room over the entrance. You will be lit up all night by the spotlights on the front o...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank rt3
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed February 9, 2012

Recently we visited this lcoation for a personal vacation. The desk staff were all excellent, and the rooms were great. They even offered us a upgrade which made the visit an even better time and a better value!

The location is great, the servcies and ammenities were excellent, the pool and common areas were clean and well maintained. The rooms were also very quiet, despite being located near an elevator. We could really not find much to say that was not good!

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade if one is available.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends