“Disappointing stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
watertown, sd
“Disappointing stay”
Reviewed January 24, 2012

We arrived Sat. afternoon around 3;30. Desk clerk was on the phone and didn't acknowledge that myself or another person was waiting to check in. I waited approx. 10 min. while she argued about the rate with the person on the phone. We booked a two bedroom suite. The beds looked as if someone had jumped on all of them. The pull out sofa was broken. The sink drain in the one bathroom would not drain. The thermostat in the living area fluctuated greatly and was not accurate. My husband and grandkids went to the pool and could not tolerate how much chlorine smell there was in the pool area, let alone swim in the pool. There eyes were very irritated and red. We chose this hotel because it had a pool and two bedroom suite. The interstate was right outside our window and the traffic was very loud. Attached is a photo of the view from our room. This is what you get when you are an IC Priority Club Member, a view of the dumpsters! I would not stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank katmint

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Williamsburg, Iowa
Reviewed December 21, 2011

I always stay here when I am in town on business a few times per year. Yes, the people working at this hotel are professional but still down to earth Fargonians. Very friendly. Have great free breakfasts and afternoon happy hours.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Rico70
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed December 16, 2011

We arrived at around 1am, the door was locked and I got a little frantic, expecting the night person to be online in the back or asleep, but she was up tidying the lobby! She let us in and knew exactly who I was. She was so friendly, professional and ALERT that I left a comment card specifically about her. Went straight to our room which was very clean, clean bathroom, fluffy sparkling towels, crisp clean sheets. We slept like logs for about five hours, woke up just in time to grab first breakfast as we were going out the door and we couldn't believe the selection! Muffins, yes, bagels, yes, but scrambled eggs, yes, AND meat, yep, they had it!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Reddernred03
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 10, 2011

I stayed here for business and it was very pleasant. Clean and well maintained, this is a nice place to stay, even for a shorter visit. The room appointments were not quite as high end as some other Staybridge Suites I have been in, but still very nicely done. The staff was friendly and the lobby area very comfortable. You are just off the main commercial streets so any shopping or restaurants you may want are just a short distance away. I especially liked that you are in walking distance to a newer YMCA. The classes there were great and made my stay feel even more at home!!

1 Thank fivemom
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed December 9, 2011

Don't tell! We found a real jewel in this Staybridge! We ended up in Fargo on business, before the dreaded black Friday shopping frenzy. What poor timing on our part! BUT the staff was so friendly, the suite itself was so comfy that it made the trip a relaxing experience despite our poor timing! The big unexpected plus? A full homemade turkey dinner on Wednesday night! Thank you to the wonderful staff that may be reading this. You really are a great group!

Room Tip: I think they would all be great at this establishment, since it is away from the maddening crowd.
1 Thank NeverRamadaAgain
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed December 4, 2011

Traveling on business and stayed here close to 50 days. From check-in with Nicole and throughout my stay these folks have been warm, friendly and extremely helpful:) I have put them to the test with my business needs-Danielle and Les have gone out of their way for me and I appreciate it. This is just what I needed!! I travel a bunch and this location is awesome because of it people. BTW- Director of Sales Kristie helped me before I even arrived.

Thanks
CW

Room Tip: away from doors of course.
Reviewed November 29, 2011

All I can say is being from Canada and you stay in a suite and have free breakfast in the morning and free beer or wine at night with supper after a long day is the best! I have never been to a place like this ever

• Stayed November 2011