“Great staff and hotel”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Fargo
Ranked #2 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Reviewed November 10, 2011

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Even thought the airport shuttle did not run early the hotel provides a taxi to the airport at their cost. Convient to Fargodome and several restraunts in walking distance. Hotel was a standard Homewood Suites. No complaints.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Fargo

Reviewed November 10, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Homewood Suites for a weekend shopping trip. We booked a studio suite, but when I checked in online the day before our stay, I was upgraded to a one-bedroom suite - not sure why, but I wasn't complaining!

The kitchen had a full-size fridge, microwave, dishwasher, 2 burner stove, small single sink, dishes, pots, cutlery. Scissors and a corkscrew would have been nice additions, but we always travel prepared! Microwave popcorn was a nice bonus. If we had stayed during the week, a light supper is served Monday through Thursday. As well, if anyone wanted to cook, you can order groceries to be delivered to the room - meat, cheese, eggs, etc; there's a list on the fridge.

The bedroom was huge - lots of room, even with a king size bed. The bed was comfortable - even for me who often has trouble sleeping when I'm away from home. Despite its being across the street from Hector International Airport, I heard no planes overnight. The first plane I heard was at 1030 a.m. on Saturday morning. I did hear the horn from a train occasionally, but not often.

The living room had a couch and a chair with an ottoman. The chair looked like it would be comfortable to curl up in and read, but unfortunately the lamp wasn't anywhere near the chair.

The bathroom was clean. I liked that the toilet and tub/shower are separate from the sink/vanity area.

We had no problems with the complimentary in suite high speed wi-fi.

The continental breakfast was nice. On Saturday, there was scrambled eggs, sausage patties that unlike some I've seen were not drowning in grease, cold cereal, yogurt, a huge waffle maker (my husband couldn't finish his waffle), a bacon/potato/cheese mix, homemade oatmeal (not the packet stuff), fresh fruit, milk, juice, tea, coffee. Sunday was the same, except there was a cheese omelette instead of the bacon/potato/cheese mix and bacon instead of the sausage patties.

There's a Buffalo Wild Wings, Taco Bell, Burger King across the parking lot. There's also a Happy Harry's just down the street. If you're munchy at some crazy hour, there's a mini-shop next to the front desk with snacks (it also has toiletries).

The hotel is about 10 minutes away from West Acres shopping area, but we didn't mind. I picked the hotel based on the good reviews here, as well as a special weekend rate and I was happy with my choice. In summary, I was pleased with the hotel, and I would definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Winnipegger2008
Reviewed November 10, 2011

I spent the weekend in the hotel with my family while attending my cousins wedding, the hotel is nice overall and so was our experience. The first night we slept on the Hide-a-bed and woke up the next morning with very sore backs due to the mattress being so thin that the bar was poking up making the bed uneven.

The breakfast is great and has a good variety of food and drink
Pool area is a little small and noisy but functional overall.

Room Tip: Make the kids sleep on the Hide-a-bed~!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 8, 2011

I worked in Fargo, ND and had the opportunity to stay in the Homewood Suite hotel for the week. I can only say good things about this hotel. The staff was so pleasant each day, my room was immaculate, and the entire hotel was clean. I've stayed in Homewood Suites before, but his by far was the best. My room had high ceilings with a ceiling fan. It truly felt like home. Housekeeping even went as far as placing Glade Plug Ins to make it smell refreshing when you enter and make it comfortable. It's the smaller things that you appreciate while away from home.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the 1st floor.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 24, 2011

Stayed here for one night on our way to Minneapolis as we left after work and wanted to break our trip. We were pleasantly surprised by this property bordering the Fargo airport. Room was large, comfortable bed with lots of pillows. Check in was fast (it was 9 pm after all) and pleasant. Our studio had a small kitchenette which would be a boon to business and family travelers. Hot breakfast in the morning was also appreciated - the oatmeal was some of the best I have ever tasted.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 7, 2011

I have stayed here when in Fargo on business three times. Each time the room was one of the best I have had when staying at a Homewood Suites (and I stay at a lot of them). There is nothing more I could ask of this place except having the room key ready at check-in like many other hotels, rather than waiting to process the paperwork when checking in.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank drichrx
Reviewed September 30, 2011

My family and I shared a two bedroom suite on the third floor. We all really noticed how comfortable the beds and linen were. The included breakfast was better than most offered by similar hotels I've stayed at in the past.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family