“Good food - great martinis”
Review of Monte's - CLOSED

Monte's
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 2nd Ave.
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We stopped in for a martini one afternoon and got a seat on the patio out back. We ordered our drinks and peeked at the menu and decided to share an entrée. The food was delicious and the server was attentive, and very friendly, maybe too friendly at times - trying too hard to show off his culinary knowledge. That said he was nice and the food was good and my martini hit the spot.

1  Thank Beth K

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Food here is fantastic. Waiters are a little on the slow / unattentive side. Nice atmosphere and flat bread is especially good.

1  Thank Lisa T
Reviewed July 24, 2013

This was a terrific dinner. Monte's compares favorably to restaurants in bigger cities with interesting and tasty food, good service and a good reasonably priced wine list

1  Thank Bookbuyer
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This restaurant is on the top of my list. We celebrated our 11 year wedding anniversary dinner at this restaurant July 20, 2013. Unfortunately I had motion sickness from travelling on a motorcycle all day and felt a little queasy. The waitress and the chefs were AMAZING!!!. They accommodated myself with a simple but delicious dinner that was not on the menu to accommodate my nausea. Grilled chicken breast and potatoes. They brought me crackers, ginger ale and a delicious citrus sorbet. I felt so much better after eating there than when I arrived. My husband also really enjoyed his dinner and said it was an exceptional experience. The restaurant is clean and trendy. The staff was very friendly, accommodating and professional. Thanks for making our 11 year wedding anniversary very special!! We will definitely come back again when in fargo!

2  Thank Heather F
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Dropped in there last Wednesday for a cold beer in their cozy outdoor patio. The bartender that served us was a wonderfully accommodating fella! I didn't recognize any of the 'on tap' beers & he gladly let me sample a few of them before making a choice. . Not a big deal, but a nice touch.
My wife & I ordered our drinks & he then asked if we wanted any 'appys'. We said sure & he recommended the "Antipasto platter for one'; telling us it would easily be enough for the both of us. It was & it was GREAT on top of that. Like he said- "The best Deal in Fargo...only $8!"

WE told him we'd like to see & dinner menu which ho brought us & decided to make dinner reservations for the next night.

Once again; FANTASTIC! We had dinner inside & found the ambience really charming. The food was great, The service was awesome.

Can't say enough good things about Montes. We will definitely be back!

( Wish we'd noticed the bartenders name to thank him-( Blondish hair & glasses ???...) anyways; great guy!

Thanks again.