“Good food in Fargo”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 2nd Ave.
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Fargo has few good restaurants (other than steak houses etc); this is one of the best, the other being the HoDo (Hotel Donaldson).
Had venison there once.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

The drinks were well designed, the atmosphere is wonderful, the staff friendly, and the place was a buzzin' with the conversation of the movers and shakers in the Fargo art community. Like stepping into Manhattan.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

We hadn't been to Monte's for a while but returned to check it out. From what we've heard, the operation has changed hands and also has a new chef. We enjoyed our evening with an exceptional dinner prepared as ordered, and beautifully presented. Service was attentive. Great downtown scene, cocktails good as ever. Recommended!

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Exceptional. I appreciate a honest fine dining establishment. A place that serves what they brag. Give it a try, its worth the price of admission!

Reviewed November 10, 2012

I don't know what happened with K L's evening but each time my husband and I have had dinner at Monte's, it's been a very good experience. The restaurant's ownership has changed recently and it's possible they visited between times. Our most recent visit was on Nov 7 after going to a movie. We arrived around 9 pm without a reservation. There were plenty of other diners but we were seated immediately and treated to a delicious meal with excellent service. Because it was later in the evening, my husband and I shared the antipasto appetizer with soup and a delectable Pino Noir. The soup was hot; the items on the antipasto platter looked beautiful and tasted fresh; the service was as good as ever. I'm sorry K L had such a bad experience but I hope s/he will give the restaurant another chance. We've known the former owners personally for several years and always enjoyed taking friends there or going on our own; we plan on continuing to patronize Monte's.

The restaurant is located in Fargo's vibrant downtown and features a full-service bar known for its wide range of martinis and top-of-the-line beer, wine and spirits. There is a cozy area near the bar for patrons who are meeting friends for drinks or waiting for their tables. The dining room is comfortable with soft lighting and a fantastic mural of one of our city blocks. Warm summer nights patrons can enjoy dining al fresco out back. The new owner/chef has recently added lunch service which I plan on trying soon.

1  Thank robynwimmer1