“New Ownership”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 2nd Ave.
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Exceptional. I appreciate a honest fine dining establishment. A place that serves what they brag. Give it a try, its worth the price of admission!

There are newer reviews for Monte's

Reviewed November 10, 2012

I don't know what happened with K L's evening but each time my husband and I have had dinner at Monte's, it's been a very good experience. The restaurant's ownership has changed recently and it's possible they visited between times. Our most recent visit was on Nov 7 after going to a movie. We arrived around 9 pm without a reservation. There were plenty of other diners but we were seated immediately and treated to a delicious meal with excellent service. Because it was later in the evening, my husband and I shared the antipasto appetizer with soup and a delectable Pino Noir. The soup was hot; the items on the antipasto platter looked beautiful and tasted fresh; the service was as good as ever. I'm sorry K L had such a bad experience but I hope s/he will give the restaurant another chance. We've known the former owners personally for several years and always enjoyed taking friends there or going on our own; we plan on continuing to patronize Monte's.

The restaurant is located in Fargo's vibrant downtown and features a full-service bar known for its wide range of martinis and top-of-the-line beer, wine and spirits. There is a cozy area near the bar for patrons who are meeting friends for drinks or waiting for their tables. The dining room is comfortable with soft lighting and a fantastic mural of one of our city blocks. Warm summer nights patrons can enjoy dining al fresco out back. The new owner/chef has recently added lunch service which I plan on trying soon.

1  Thank robynwimmer1
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Just ate there tonight 9/15/12..arrived for 7:15 PM reservation....our food arrived at 8:55 PM..service was terrible....my husband went to the bar 2 times to get drinks..food was slightly warm when served...was not offered more bread, had to ask to get our plates removed. will NEVEr GO THERE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Could see the kitchen staff drinking beer on the job!

Bubcas21, Owner at Monte's, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

KL - I realize it has been several months since you posted your review, but I wanted to take a moment to reply. Myself and Christian D'Agostino took over ownership of Monte's on October 1, 2012 - based on the date of your review, you must have come in for dinner shortly after the staff found out that it was changing hands. I wanted to ensure you that the experience you had is not at all typical of what we offer at Monte's, and do hope that you will stop in to try us again under our management direction. The majority of our guests have expressed that they are thrilled with the "New Monte's" and love the direction we are taking things.

Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback and we do hope that you will stop in again.

Dan Hurder

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Perfectly cooked lamb chops and wonderful, interesting flavors. They prepared an impromptu, fantastic vegetarian meal as well. The service was very attentive and pleasant. This is the best food we've had in Fargo since we moved to the area.

1  Thank gbohanna
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Whoa, a upscale restaurant in Fargo??? Yup it's true! And it was pretty good too! On the dinner menu I had a delicious halibut crusted with macademia nuts with a spicey mango salsa topping. On top of a white and wild rice pilaf. I was full and couldn't have dessert, the portions were generous. The halibut was not over or under cooked and flaked off your fork. The broccoli was under done but I'm not a big fan of this vegetable. Also try their cocktails, the Godmother was the bomb! Wait staff attentive and restaurant atmosphere is a mixture of antique tin ceiling, soft lighting, wood floors, comfortable chairs, white table cloths, nicely done. If I'm up this way again I will return.