“Sorry, Expected more.....”

Granite City Food & Brewery
Reserve with OpenTable
Granite City Food & Brewery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 343 Restaurants in Fargo
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Sorry, but we expected more from reading all the great reviews.
We were her last SAT night, and of course it was very crowded. You can call in up to 90 minutes ahead of time and get your name on the list. That part worked great. We were seated within 5 minutes, while others continued to wait.

Had a great server also. And saved room for the big cookie as recommended by others here....good call! And the beer was great---no problem there!

Our issue is with the kitchen. The shrimp in my tacos was cold as well as the veggies on my wife's place--her steak was good though. Also the description said 'grilled' shrimp and instead it was breaded/fried. The Mac/cheese kids meal was just a bowl of M&C....nothing else for $4. We asked and received some fruit to go with it.

We were hungry, so we did eat the items and they did have nice flavor. We let the Manager know of our disappointment when he stopped by and and he was very understanding and did provide us a small discount to our bill which we passed onto our server as added tip.

Hopefully it was just a one bad instance.......in general the reviews here are very good and the place was packed with a waiting line....so it must be popular. And much of our experience was good. I have been at other GC's and had excellent experiences.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Great menu choices, excellent service, the main dinning area alittle noisy, we tend to sit in the bar area that has booth against the wall

Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Good menu variety and reasonable prices. Tends to get pretty busy during dinner. Some tables are put in the middle with no privacy and a little busy around them. Bar and booths are best.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

I have lunch at Granite City about once a week. I'm gluten free and I appreciate their Gluten Free menu. The staff and management are always friendly and ready to make my break for lunch an enjoyable time. I don't believe I have ever been disappointed in the quality or quantity of my meal; and try their Sunday brunch as it's fantastic.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

The patio area is a really nice and inviting place in warm weather. One of my favorite places to eat in Fargo.

Been to Granite City Food & Brewery? Share your experiences!