“Historic art deco theatre”
Review of Fargo Theatre

Fargo Theatre
Ranked #1 of 17 Fun & Games in Fargo
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We have seen several concerts in this space. The sound is always fantastic, no matter where we sit. The architecture is a treat. Because the building is older, it can be difficult for them to regulate the heating and cooling - so highly recommend layers appropriate for the time of year. Our last visit was in summer and I was very glad I choose a sleeveless, loose fitting sundress!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

A wonderful little theater downtown showing films not seen in the megaplexes. Contains two screens. One with about 200 seats or so with a balcony and a second intimate side theater with about 50 seats max.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

If you are in Fargo catching a movie or live performance is highly recommended if you are into old theatres. Beautiful old art deco theatre. The marquee is definitely a downtown fixture.

The Fargo Theatre generally shows two or three movies throughout the week, and there is often live performances (typically music). Movies tend to be independent flicks, classic movies, and some mainstream movies that don't get play in the megaplexes.

The theatre is currently raising money to convert the movie projection system to the new digital standard. So the Fargo Theatre will live on for many years.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

This theatre is one of my favorite buildings downtown. I've been to the Fargo Theatre for movies and numerous concerts, and it is a great venue. The only thing to bear in mind is the seating is not the most comfortable.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

We saw The Hobbit in 3D. I have decided that I love watching movies with amphitheater seating. I have seen other 3D movies in a "flat" theater and watching the screen from that angle doesn't do a 3D film justice the way it should. The theater was clean and staff were friendly, and I wish we had a theater like this where we live!

1  Thank Westies_OnTheRoad