“Fantastic environment”

C'mon Inn - Fargo
Ranked #28 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
“Fantastic environment”
Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

This hotel has a large courtroom with hot tubs just outside of the "pool side" rooms. The pool is located in it's own room, minimizing noise. They have created a very relaxing environment.

The room itself was very clean. My only complaint was with the closed in hot tubs in the courtroom, the room was hot and humid at night. Adjusting the ac didn't seem to help.

Overall, this is an excellent place to stay!

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Heather T
generalmanager6, Director of Sales at C'mon Inn - Fargo, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Heather,
I'm glad to read that that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Fargo C'mon Inn. I would definitely agree that our indoor courtyard is a very relaxing area to enjoy year round.
I apologize that you found your room uncomfortable We encourage our guests during their stay to let us know of any issues so that we may resolve the issue as soon as possible.
We hope to serve you again with future stays!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Canada
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Let me start by saying that the front desk was exceptionally helpful in resolving any (controllable) problems we ran into while staying here for two nights. We stayed a Saturday and a Sunday - Saturday was a full house, LOTS of kids and families, as well as teams. If that describes you, this is a great place to stay - also if you are travelling with other families/couples, as there is a huge common area with tons of seating so you can visit with friends.

We had some cleanliness issues in the bathroom when we arrived, which I won't get into here, as they were more than helpful in fixing them as mentioned before. I will say however that once our bed linens were changed with the bathroom linens on our second night, there were a few pillows with long black hair on them - which neither I nor my husband have. Yuck. All I can say is if you run into problems such as these, don't be hesitant to ask the front desk for a discount on your stay as they did this for us - this completely turned my previously unfavourable view into a much more positive review.

For us as a couple travelling alone, I don't think we'll be back. If we have a family, and/or travel with other families in the future, we might reconsider staying here. The pool area and four hot tubs were very busy with other families, so didn't afford us much privacy even with four separate tubs. They weren't exceptionally hot either, but we were okay with that. Very beautiful atrium/hot tub area.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet area, don't get a poolside room! If you are travelling with a group though...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jenwpg
Jenwpg,
I'm pleased to see that your overall stay was enjoyable and that our staff was willing to listen and resolve any issues and concerns that were brought to our attention. We do pride ourselves in cleanliness and this issue was brought forward to our housekeeping staff to prevent this from happening again in the future.
At times, especially some weekends, the courtyard area does get crowded and noise levels do rise and we do try to control this as much as possible. During the week this is seldom an issue as majority of our guests are business travelers.
I do regret reading that you could not find the desired privacy that you were seeking in one of the five hot tubs, and that you felt like the water temperature was too low. Unfortunately, the city does have regulations in place that keep temperatures below 104* and currently we have our hot tubs set at 103*.
Hopefully you will reconsider the C'mon Inn again in the future when you are traveling through, especially when traveling with family!
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This was one of the last hotel's in Fargo when we made reservations to attend my son's graduation from college. The housekeeping staff were very friendly and greeted us as we went to our room; the registration staff weren't overly friendly. The morning breakfast was very nice - large area to sit in where you didn't feel like you were on top of each other. Our room was on second floor with a balcony overlooking the courtyard. It was quiet and a nice size balcony to sit on when our daughter slept in next day (day after finals from another college). Busy weekend for our family met with a wonderful resting stop.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Tigger49_13,
Thank you for taking the time to review the C'mon Inn of Fargo -
I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you had the opportunity to relax in our beautiful courtyard area. I am pleased to read that our housekeeping staff was friendly and greeted you in the hall. We feel that by offering a wide variety of breakfast options there will be something for everyone!
Congratulations on the son's graduation and I hope that you choose C'mon Inn as your hotel of choice again in the future.
Bismarck, North Dakota
Reviewed May 19, 2014

We had a college graduation and reserved the party room along with 5 other sleeping rooms. Paul, the manager and his staff were very efficent and always helpful from letting us decorate the night before, to storing our food trays in their fridge. The hotel, as always is comfortable with the tables int he couryard. Thank you!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank LovetheBeach58503
generalmanager6, General Manager at C'mon Inn - Fargo, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear LovetheBeach585- I am happy to hear your graduation party went well, that you enjoyed your stay and we were very happy to have you as guests! I hope that we can continue to serve you when you come to Fargo even if your trips are a little less frequent now that school is complete!
Canada
Reviewed May 18, 2014

I selected this hotel based on the number of Hot Tubs which they boasted about.
Don't let that fool you. One hot tub was unavailable this weekend which had contaminated brown water. The other tubs that were available had luke warm water and weak jets.
I've never heard the term "luke warm tubs". They are called hot tubs for a reason!

But that was not the worst of it. My room key cards NEVER worked. Every time I took them back to reception, they gave me attitude implying that I did not know how to use the key card.
Like really? They even once slipped up and admitted that the locks were broken but they still insisted that I was incompetent at using the key cards. I gently requested that they fix the lock which they quickly refused to do.

Fortunately for us educated consumers, we have the public forums like Tripadvisor, so that we can inform other travellers of these issues. You all have a choice in selecting properties which will appreciate your business.

Other complaints include poor breakfast area and terrible food.
Wifi was weak and un-usable.

Do not spend your money here folks. They do not deserve your business.
Please feel free to message me if you would like any more details.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank IvyLeagueBaseball
Dear IvyLeagueBaseball- I am very disappointed to hear that your stay with us was less than satisfactory. I appreciate you bringing these issues to our attention and we will review them and make sure to correct any deficiencies. If you would call me directly I would very much like to discuss your stay in more detail as we would really appreciate the opportunity to make this right. Hopefully you will give us another opportunity to earn you business in the future.
Michigan, North Dakota
Reviewed May 4, 2014

I stayed here for four nights while on a business trip to Fargo. I was very satisfied with my time here.

There was a complimentary breakfast every morning, which is always a perk. They actually had a complimentary dinner also, which was very surprising. The food was nothing special; eggs and sausage for breakfast, cheap burgers or hot dogs for dinner, but it's always nice to have that option to save money.

The rooms were modern and clean. The TV worked well, nice linens and towels, a refrigerator in the room, and the carpet wasn't disgusting.

My only complaint about this hotel would be the lack of an in room safe. I have some valuables that I had to bring with me on this trip, and I would have really liked a safe in my room. Other than that, an overall very pleasant experience!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
generalmanager6, General Manager at C'mon Inn - Fargo, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Thank you for your review. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and I hope you will stay with us again if work brings you back to Fargo. While we do not have 'in room safes' we are able to keep valuables in a safe in our office if guests have items they are not comfortable keeping in their rooms, provided the items are not too large. If you do travel back through and need to lock up valuables, please mention it to the staff and we can take care of that for you.
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

We have stayed here a few times when we have come down to Fargo. Breakfast is good and rooms are nice and clean. Pool is nice and usually isn't busy during the week. They have many hot tubs so its pretty easy to find one that is unoccupied. We will be back!

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review and I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your multiple stays with us. For those fortunate enough to get away during the week it is an ideal time to travel! While we are often quite full during the week, it feels much quieter due to the business travel clientele and I've been told that it's a great time to shop in Fargo as the stores are much less crazy than they are on the weekends. Hopefully we will see again soon on your next trip down to Fargo!