“Great Vacation”
Review of C'mon Inn - Fargo

C'mon Inn - Fargo
Ranked #26 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We have just finished a three nite stay at the C'mon Inn in Fargo and had an excellent experience ,again. Everything from the greeting from both Paul (the general manager) and Heather ( a wonderful person) was a delight to experience. They met and sometimes exceeded our expectations of this Motel. From the cleanliness to the professional .staff,amenities and also the hot tubs. We can't say enough about how we were treated here. It was GREAT!!!!
Paul: kudos to you and your staff for making our stay at your wonderful Inn such an enjoyable experience for my wife and I . We will definitely be back to visit you guys.Keep up the terrific work of making your guests feel like being at home!

Your friends from Winnipeg
T&L

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank T L S
There are newer reviews for C'mon Inn - Fargo

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Avoid this place. Our hockey team spent 4 nights at this facility last weekend and it was terrible. The tournament we played in dictated where we had to stay, so we had no say in which hotel we chose. Employees were very rude, disrespectful, and not kid friendly at all. The price for a nights stay was also very expensive. Do yourself a favor and avoid this motel at all costs. There are plenty of other places to stay in Fargo.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Chad M
generalmanager6, General Manager at C'mon Inn - Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Thank you for taking time to review our property. Your feedback helps us in identifying what we are doing well and where we can improve. We strive to make sure that all guests have a great stay with us and it is disappointing to hear we did not meet your expectations. While we are defInitely not the lowest priced hotel in the market, I believe with our expansive hot breakfast, our weekday evening social and our large enclosed courtyard with several hot tubs we do provide a good value. Again, thank you for your comments and I hope you will consider us again on your next trip to the area

Reviewed February 18, 2013

My husband and I were on our way to Fargo on Friday, February 15th. We had a reservation for Friday night at the Fargo Cmon Inn. While traveling to Fargo I recieved an email from the general manager:

"Good Morning,
In reviewing our incoming reservations this morning it has come to my attention that you have a reservation for a single king room for tonight for one night. There are notes attached to your file that in the past there has been a large number of children accompanying you on a couple of previous stays. I just wanted to let you know that by our corporate policy, as well as our insurance underwriter’s policy, you would only be allowed two adults and two children for this room type. This applies whether they are staying or just visiting. We have had to become quite strict on this policy so if you to have several children on the premises you will be evicted without refund. I would have preferred to call you and discuss this but the phone number you have listed is not in service. If you have any questions please feel free to call or if you no longer need the room please call and cancel to avoid being charged.

Best Regards,

Paul Hoglin
Fargo C'mon Inn
701.277.9944 800.334.1570

I was quite shocked by this email (1) for its tone and (2) because my husband and I have never had a "large group of children" with us at the hotel. Our kids live in Moorhead and have never stayed with us at the hotel. If they visited there, it would have only been the three of them VISITING and not staying the night. The last time my husband and I did stay there would have been over 3 years ago. I immediately responded back to the manager:

"Mr Hoglin, I believe you have contacted the wrong person. We have three kids that are all grown that live in Moorhead and have never stayed with us at the hotel. If they ever visited us at the hotel, it would have only been the three of them and not a " large number of children". There are many people with our last name. What is the phone number you have that is no longer in service?

I will NOT be canceling this reservation. We will stay there as planned this evening.

I am very surprised by this email and by the tone if it as well.

Please double check your notes".

Mr. Hoglin responded back as follows:
"If we do have the wrong person I apologize but I can only go off what is in our system. The number we have on file is 218-287-4425. If there is a phone number I could reach you at I would appreciate the opportunity to talk to you regarding the previous email. We have had a couple of instances in the past where reservations booked online have had some of the personal information overridden with the information for a previous guest with the same name. If this is what happened, it is regrettable and I apologize for the tone of the email. I look forward to hearing back from you".

I already told him he had the wrong person but he continued to say above, "if we do have the wrong person". He continued to challenge me. We did stay at the hotel on Friday evening; honestly because there were no other rooms available elsewhere. When my husband checked in the front desk staff continued to question him about who he was, where he was from, and what his phone number was. They realized at that time, the general manager contacted the wrong person. Saturday I responded to the general manager as follows:

"No ifs about it. You had the wrong person unfortunately. I understand mistakes but in this case you didn't check the facts before making an assumption and accusation when you apparently knew that some data had been mixed up in the past with other customers. We have not stayed at the hotel for at least three years before last night and quite honestly probably won't stay there again or recommend it to anyone either. You may want to think twice before sending an email like that again. It is very poor customer service".

As of today, Monday 2/18 at 12:30 pm CST, I have not recieved any response from Mr. Hoglin.

If that wasn't bad enough, the hotel smelled so strongly of chlorine, it was almost unbearable. There was an odor in the room we stayed in and the hotel was pretty noisy. In addition, after the ordeal the general manager put us through, I expected a discount or something off the room but that didn't happen so we ended up paying $130+ for a horrible experience.

We won't stay there again and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank FargoVisitor
generalmanager6, General Manager at C'mon Inn - Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Thank you for your comments. It was an unfortunate mix-up but we actually did apologize to Mr. Gomez at check-in and explained we were basing our information on what our system had, which was obviously a glitch. I spoke to Mr. Gomez on Monday and a resolution was reached.
At this point, it is understood that this issue was mishandled but ultimately resolved. As for the smell of chlorine, room odor and noise, we can only fix an issue if we know about it. We were not told about any of those issues, and we did not receive any other complaints in regards to any or all of the issues you mention. We do encourage all of our guests to notify us if there is a problem so we can rectify the issue. It is our goal to ensure that every guest has a great experience, not just a room to sleep in. Again, thank you for your comments and hopefully we will be able to earn your business back in the future.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

This hotel looks very unique from the outside as well as the inside. The lobby/courtyard is so beautiful and the whirlpool spread out are nice as well. There are 5 whirlpools and a normal size indoor swimming pool. The pool does only go to about 5 feet deep so no diving here. The hotel gives a laid back experience and a game room as well.

Room Tip: Really pay attention to if you want a balcony room or not.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tanner V
Reviewed December 8, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a few nights and once again, was very please with our room. It was super clean and the front desk girls were so friendly and helpful and also to the staff that cleaned our room. It was priced right and we will be sure to give them our business when we go again. Thanks again to the great staff for making our staff enjoyable.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 27, 2012

This place provides good basic lodging at a great location with plenty of services available. The hotel is only a block off the freeway, and is surrounded by restaurants, retail, and fueling.

The room was just fine, the wi-fi good, and the free breakfast was more then adequate.

The building is kind of odd for a hotel - it feels like a large industrial shell building that was converted for hotel use. There are many hot tubs in the expansive courtyard. Nothing wrong with it - I've just never seen a layout like this. It sometimes felt like it took a very long walk to get from one place to another inside the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 15, 2012

If you want a firm/soft bed, nice big room, fast internet connection, mult-choice breakfast, big pool and 5 3-person hot tubs, and some of the friendliess staff anywhere, then the Cmon Inn in Fargo is your place. Always a consistantly great place.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple