“Torn between this location and Billings, MT”
Review of C'mon Inn - Fargo

C'mon Inn - Fargo
Ranked #26 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Reviewed September 18, 2011

I'm torn between this location of the C'mon Inn, and the Billings MT location as both are good stopping points between the Twin Cities Metro and Seattle.

Things I like about the brand:
Spacious Atrium that is standard in all of the C'mon Inns
Spacious Rooms
Normally available for last minute check-ins
Reasonable price for value
Kiddie pool in addition to adult pool

This location had a good solid breakfast to kick you off for the day. Tucked behind a few of the other hotels, but absolutely worth staying at for comfort and everything.

It is a privately owned chain and for the most part they hit everything on the head to make travelling easy. I especially like that the mini fridge and microwave are standard in the rooms. An absolute must when on the road for more than a few days.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Rebecca M

Reviewed September 15, 2011

My husband and I were in Fargo for business this week and stayed at the C'mon Inn for two nights. It is clean, and the pool area and indoor courtyard is really nice and sunny. Lots of hot tubs, we had one to ourselves at all times even though the hotel was full. There are two things that I noticed that really stood out this time, that are worth mentioning. The hotel was renovated since we were last there, one year ago, and they really expanded their breakfast area. The breakfast area now has room for more food: fluffy scrambled eggs, sausages, waffles, pancakes, bagels, biscuits and gravy, toast, english muffins, pastries, oatmeal, cereal, fruit, yogurt, milk and juice, coffee, regular tea, and herbal tea. It was really a very nice surprise!! The other thing that I really noticed this year was their AMAZING ventilation in the bathrooms in the room, and no noisy fan, it seems like it's centrally controlled. Take my word for it, it moved the air... :0

I was concerned when we got in around 10pm and the adjoining room door was letting a lot of noise into the room. We went for a walk and returned to a quiet room, the other guests respecting the 11pm quiet time. It has never been a noisy hotel and I think it would be a wonderful place to take a family (We have always stayed on the inside of the hotel, closest to the pool). They also have at least two large convention type rooms that are full of light, as is the pool and indoor courtyard.

***There is no restaurant other than the free breakfast... and another reviewer mentioned a free supper but I don't know of that first hand.***

Room Tip: Take the main floor if you don't want to climb stairs.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank flexfarmerette
Reviewed September 10, 2011

Totally did not meet expectations in the least.

My friend's and my first night of two in the jacuzzi suite was spent being harassed by the front desk, early I might add, for unfounded noise complaints. We were 2 moms having a glass of wine watching some mind-numbing television at a more than acceptable level. To top it off the toilet wasn't working. We did seek out the property manager the next morning and voiced our concerns about staying another night, and we came to an agreement. A plumber was called, and thankfully we had no problems the next night. Besides that, the pool and the hallways were noisy with kids, the breakfast was adequate, the decor of the premium suite was shabby and dated, and I cannot say that I would stay at this property again.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 24, 2011

Clean and quiet room. Good breakfast. Building is well kept and all facilities were very clean. We were close to the pool but we never heard anything. Quiet building. We did not hear any traffic noise even though we are light sleepers.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 19, 2011

We've stayed at this small chain hotel at least twice before. This time, we felt our stay was a good value for the price. Nice, large clean room with a large fridge, big flat screen TV on the wall, leather recliner chair and more. The breafast was adequate as was the free supper Monday/Thursday.

We'll stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Iowa-Tom
Reviewed August 19, 2011

We stayed at the C'mon Inn in Fargo, ND over Memorial Day. It was the nicest place. We usually like to stay at Embassy Suites, but since Fargo doesn't have one, this was our choice. The room was nice, staff was great, and we had a lot of the same amenities. The complimentary breakfast bar was great and we enjoyed the greenery of the surroundings, even if the plants were artificial. There was still a great attempt to make the place feel like a vacation escape. Thanks again!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2011

Stayed one night, on a last minute reservation here, ended up paying around $110 (Tax included). Usually I like rooms away from the pool area on a higher floor, as they are quieter, but due to the last minute booking we took a room facing the hot tub/pool and arcade area. I was worried I wouldn't get any sleep, but the room was super quiet, comfy and our stay was flawless.
Our room had 2 queen beds that seemed brand new, a huge TV, fridge and microwave. The access to the pool area was quite helpful as the evening reception and breakfast (both of which offered AWESOME hot items) areas were just around the corner.
WiFi here is great, it may seem like a small thing, but it was important to me that I had good internet access. (as I still was doing work while on vacation!)

As with the other Cmon inn property I have stayed at, the staff were helpful, and the layout of the hotel is very relaxing- I like the rainforest motif in the atrium.

I will likely stay here again, its on the top of my places to stayi n the Fargo area.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family