“Poor first impressions”

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We arrived at about 7:30 and the restaurant was almost empty but we were told they didn't know if they could take us because they were short handed. Our choice was to wait 15 minutes or go to the bar. I counted at 4 servers and a bartender for 8 tables including us and two in he kitchen. Our server was pleasant but the medium steak had no pink and the shrimp was cold. The second steak was better but we could not eat together. I undertand why other restaurants were full and they were not. We have no plans to return in future trips to the area.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I really enjoyed the food and the atmosphere. The staff seated us promptly and we were waited on quickly. The food came in a timely fashion and it was cooked to order. I have no complaints

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Lone Star has good steaks and sides. I would have rated them higher, but my medium rare - medium steak ended up more like medium well. Happened with others in our party as well. Still good, though.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

We're locals and decided to try this place again after a poor experience several years ago. The servers did a decent job of seating us and getting drinks, but the quality stopped there.

The salad was drowned in dressing despite the Mrs. asking for it to be on the side.
The potato soup was still cold and topped with stale (freeze dried I assume) bacon.
My burger, ordered medium, was bleeding all over my plate and mostly raw.
The wife's steak was severely undercooked. The waiter offered to fix the steak right away, and had the kitchen put it back on the grill. The second time it was brought out, it had a nice sear (didn't the first) but was still raw and now, because it was re-fired, dry as a shingle.

The waiter did take off 25% of the cost of her meal (her's alone), so that was nice.

Final assessment? Nothing we ate or experienced here warrants a second try. For the price you pay, go stand in line at Longhorn or Texas Roadhouse. . . you'll be glad you did.

1  Thank Koalabiter
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Very fast service - very good food-they had no problem getting away from the menu so I could have lower calorie food