“Good food but not great - service was very good”
Review of Applebee's

Applebee's
Ranked #154 of 340 Restaurants in Fargo
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We were there for supper after the Fargo Marathon and the wait was minimal, for a group of 6 people. The hostess and waiter were very personable and helpful. We had a fairly good experience but the food was all overcooked. Two in our party ordered their steak medium-rare and their steaks were barely pink - will definitely go to the Texas Roadhouse next time for a good steak. I had the new Shrimp Scamp Linguini and it had good flavor, but again the shrimp was overcooked to the point the shrimp was hard on one side. I would order this again but probably ask them to NOT overcook the shrimp. Four of us shared the 2 for $20 which makes this a very reasonable restaurant.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

My family went to the Applebees after the Fargo 5K to have dinner. (Three of us were going to run the Marathon the next day). The wait wasn't too bad...about 15-20 minutes, considering there was a crowd on campus for the 5K. However, once we got seated it took forever to get our food! I think we waited an hour. We finally asked the manager and he said his kitchen was busy but would check for us. A while after that all of us got our food except one. We were well into our meals when we asked the waitress about the one missing meal. She had to go check on that again. Finally it was ready. Also one member of our family ordered his steak medium rare and it came very well done.

The manager nor the waitress apologized for the long wait, the botched steak or forgotten meal. I realize they were busy but you'd think they could add some extra staff when they know there is an event and they will have a crowd. At the very least the manager could have come over and apologized or comped the meals.

Next year we will be sure to eat somewhere else after the race!

Reviewed May 19, 2013

My daughter and I were seated. I ordered hot tea with milk. I ended up with somewhat hot water (probably microwaved) and a glass of milk. I was told that I would have to "dump" the milk into my cup. We ordered our meals. Before the meals came, I opened up my napkin and to my disgust there was food on the fork. My daughter immediately lost her appetite. I told our waitress, and she brought me another set. I opened up that set, and there were food particles on the knife and fork. We got up and left. We both felt sick to our stomachs. We could only imagine that all of the dishes were dirty and that germs were everywhere. It was 6:30pm on a Sunday night and it wasn't busy. They need a new dishwasher, maybe?

1  Thank AngelaGentile
Reviewed April 13, 2013

the food was good, portions not very big, had the crunchy chicken salad, the chicken wrap was not very tasty and the portion of fries with the wrap was skimpy

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stopped by for a quick lunch. Had wonderful service & the food was very tasty. Our waitress was very friendly & knowledgable about the choices.

Been to Applebee's? Share your experiences!