“OK food, needs a jump start back to old standards”

Space Aliens Grill & Bar
Ranked #56 of 333 Restaurants in Fargo
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Kansas City, Missouri
“OK food, needs a jump start back to old standards”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Space Aliens has been a "must visit" spot in Fargo for my kids for many years. We were disappointed on this year's visit that standards, such as they were, have slipped. A lot of the more interesting "artifacts," or sci-fi themed decorations are gone. The whole place felt dirty, as in movie-theater-floor sticky.

The food was never the big draw for this place anyway, but it was not as good as usual. The fries, which were super yum in the past, were just ordinary. They changed BBQ sauces to something really tangy/vinegary (not a problem for me, but disappointed my companions.) We weren't offered dessert, and they used to do a good special of dessert and game tokens for $5.

I wonder if ownership and/or management has changed? If so, please consider a good deep cleaning and fresh start with the fun, quirky atmosphere that made Space Aliens a treat.

Visited July 2013

“Absolutely terrible food.”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I can't believe I paid my bill. The food was THAT bad. Sometimes I am too polite :(
The money you spend here will be for the atmosphere...not food quality.

• Visited July 2013
Oklahoma
“Fun place”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

The food is pretty good and comes out looking like "fun". I had a sandwich and they made it look like a spaceship. We had a very small child with us, and she enjoyed looking around at all the lights and things. I think she would enjoy going there when she is a little older.
The service was pleasant and personal.
The funny thing though (it was pretty funny to me at least) is how sticky the floor was! (Where sitting in the middle area with carpeting) I actually had some trouble keeping my shoes on (had on flats). It was kinda icky, but we just found it to be funny cause of my shoes, and it made a funny memory.
Would go there again, maybe when baby is older :)

• Visited June 2013
Milwaukee
“Interesting”
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Let me start with the good. 1. The concept is very unique and kid friendly. 2. The pizzas were pretty good. 3. The French fries were really pretty decent. If we could stop there the review would be better. Now on to the bad. The ribs were quite possibly te worst I've ever had. If I could have actually found some meat in that dry and brunt mess the called ribs the sauce would have made them. They claim the won an award for them, my guess no one else was entered. I wasn't expecting a Jack Stacks rib from KC, but something resembling meat would have been nice. Bring the kids enjoy, and clearly stick to the pizza

Visited July 2013
East Grand Forks, Minnesota
“Fun for Kids”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

The kids have a great time here! They love the atmosphere and all the games and prizes! It is a little spendy with the games, but I just always plan for that. Food is good with a nice selection for everyone.

• Visited August 2012