“A modern catholic church”

Sts. Anne & Joachim Catholic Church
Ranked #21 of 40 things to do in Fargo
Reviewed November 27, 2013

There are not that many interesting buildings in Fargo, so we went to check out this church...

Well, there is clearly some active community behind it and they built this large and functional church. I found it interesting reading about the people behind it.

But the church itself - it's nice and modern, but it's lacking any history or fine details to remember, so I don't think it's worth a special trip.

1  Thank heckfy

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We were visiting relatives in Fargo and one of them was a member of this parish. He invited us to go with him to Mass the next morning. It is a large and very new church, but the architecture is not like those airplane hangar churches, it had a lovely nave and baptistry, and beautiful sanctuary for the altar and tabernacle. The altarpiece was made up of two different stories, one side was Mary being presented at the temple by Joachim and Ann with a picture of Joachim and Ann and the Angel announcing the birth of Mary. On the other side was a picture of the presentation of Jesus in the temple and under that is the picture of the betrothal of Joseph and Mary overlooking it all is God the Father and the Holy Spirit and their representative in the temple, the high priest. The Stained glass windows were awe inspiring, the kids handed me the camera as soon as we sat down! Though I didn't have time to walk through it I saw a doorway to a gallery of the saints. There was more, I heard of from our host, and I am looking forward to seeing more when we return.
The homily was interesting, easy to listen to and understand. The pastor was preaching on a difficult topic, real freedom, but he did a masterful job making the topic clear and understandable. The service was calm and reverent. Overall, I was impressed by the building and the people were kind, sincere and friendly. I am happy we had the opportunity to experience this place, such a beautiful church!

14  Thank StAvila P