“Excellent standards”

Ranked #15 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Brookfield, WI
“Excellent standards”
Reviewed August 27, 2014 via mobile

This hotel chain is my go to place for road trips. I am never disappointed. This is a newer hotel completely up to date. Indoor pool that I used for lap swimming. Great area for my morning run. Walking distance to Applebee's for dinner. Very clean in room and throughout property. Staff very friendly.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jean R
TMIHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Fargo, responded to this review, August 30, 2014
Dear Jean R,
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. I'm so happy to hear that the Residence Inn Fargo exceeded your expectations! We appreciate you letting others know about our convenient location and friendly staff. Please come back soon.

Laura L.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Benton, Arkansas
Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

Staff here make this stay fall in the best classification! Clean rooms , clean common areas , nice exercise room, laundry room and a hot tub that is actually hot. Breakfast seven days with evening social three.
We stay in extended stays often but this has been our only one we will miss staff from. However you always hear people that are just staying one / two nights also being very pleased.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank CLTLRT
TMIHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Fargo, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Dear CLTLRT,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Residence Inn Fargo. I'm so glad that our staff helped to make your stay with us exceptional! I'm also glad you were able to take advantage of our many amenities. We hope to see you again soon!

Warm thanks,
Portland Oregon
Reviewed August 19, 2014

My biggest compliment is to the front desk staff. They were helpful and responsive. We stayed for 3 nights. The place seemed pretty full but didn't feel like it. Lots of kids, but the noise level was low. The indoor pool is not that large, but enough to get your toes wet. They kept the area of the pool very clean. There is also an outside sport court which as I drove in thought would create a lot of noise, but although there were folks using it, I never heard a lot of noise coming from that area. There is a very nice outside sitting area beside the pool where you can BBQ. The area of the hotel is off a main street, but just down far enough 23rd to not feel like it. We stayed in a 2 room suite. The bed was so comfy with lots of pillows. We used the refrigerator, dishwasher and made our own breakfast in the room. I did go down to check out the buffet which looked like standard fare. I would say my only half complaint would be the AC. When it was turned on, the bedroom would get frigid while the living space seemed appropriate. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Mgirrl
TMIHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Fargo, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Dear Mgirrl,
Thank you for reviewing the Residence Inn Fargo. I'm so pleased to hear that my front desk staff provided you with exceptional service! I will be sure to share that with them. I'm also glad you were able to take advantage of our outdoor area and convenient location. We hope to see you again.

Minnesota
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Booked this hotel for a long weekend as we were attending a concert in town. Upon arrival we were really impressed with the style and decor of the hotel. Check in was a breeze and the front desk were very nice! The room had a modern decor, was very clean and a great layout. The only problem we encountered was the tile to the bathroom had a bit of a sharp transition. Breakfast was included and was good. The hotel is close to restaurants, the zoo, shopping, etc. Will stay again if we are in the area.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Waiting4summer
Dear Waiting4summer,
Thank you for your review of the Residence Inn Fargo. It is always our goal to impress our guests, and I'm so glad that we succeeded! We hope that you will remember us the next time you are in the area.

Sincere thanks,
Indiana
Reviewed August 19, 2014

We stayed at this hotel two times in the past week on our way to and from another destination. For the first stay, we were upgraded to a double suite with two separate bedrooms and baths and a very spacious kitchen and living area. Our room for the second stay included a gas fireplace. Both times I noticed the bathrooms were so clean they sparkled and there were plenty of linens. The front desk staff was very pleasant and provided restaurant suggestions and menus. The breakfast was well stocked and the tables were kept clean. The entire property is extremely well-maintained. The location is fantastic, just off the interstate and close to many restaurants. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling through Fargo.

Room Tip: Room 211 is a corner double suite and Room 300 is a corner room with a fireplace.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Dana S
Dear Dana S,
Thank you so much for your five star review! We are so glad that you enjoyed both of your stays at the Residence Inn Fargo. We also appreciate you recommending us to other travelers. Please come back soon!

Thorp, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 14, 2014

FANTASTIC! The feeling of luxury at a great price. Room was very clean and in great shape. Lots of room for lounging, large kitchen area, TV in living room and both bedrooms, nice bathrooms. Staff was friendly, breakfast tasted great. We'll be back again.

(re-posted because my "Rooms" rating was only at 1 star even though I had selected 5 stars during the initial review)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Fargo, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Dear Scott W,
Thank you so much for your five star review of the Residence Inn Fargo. I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed our friendly staff, complimentary breakfast and clean, spacious rooms! We look forward to your next stay.

Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed August 12, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel many times, and it never fails to impress. All the staff are hard working, pleasant, and keep this place spotless. Housekeeping is superb, they address the smallest detail and keep the place impeccably clean. Reception staff makes you feel at home, and over the last few years we recognize many faces - and they seem to remember us as well. We feel very welcome and at home here. GM Laura and Mary greet us with a smile, and could not be more cordial. And more importantly, the staff seem to really like working for them and Marriott, so they seem to treat the staff as well as they treat the guests The grounds are kept spotless and well manicured. The bar-b-q and fire pit are so nice in a summer evening when you are exhausted from travelling and want to relax outside in your "own back-yard" environment. The hot breakfast is of high quality and great selection, with a very spacious eating/relaxing area with a variety of tables, chairs, couches, fireplace and TV - all spotless and still looking as new. It is central to main shopping areas, and right off I-94 interchange & near I-29 so travel access could not be better. A fellow traveller I met in the elevator blurted to me "I've never stayed at a Residence Inn before, but this place is worth every penny, and I will never stay anywhere else" which kind of surprised me, as people don't usually start out a conversation this way. And it is that impressive. The Residence Inn Fargo is a wonderful hotel, with large clean rooms and living area, and full size refrigerators, dishes, dishwasher and stoves for a great extended stay experience (great for a one night stay too!); but it is the people who make this a great hotel. We visit Fargo fairly often, and we discovered this Residence Inn, it is the only place we will stay. They meet our high expectations every time.

Room Tip: South-facing rooms are a bit noisy from A/C, or some noise overlooking bar-b-q & fire pit area...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dear Harold S,
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at the Residence Inn Fargo. It is always our goal to impress our guests and it makes our day to hear that we have achieved that! Thank you for such kind words and for letting others know about our hotel. We hope to see you again soon.