“Great breakfast”

Residence Inn Fargo
Ranked #13 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Reviewed December 18, 2013

We stayed while touring NDSU. We found the room to be the perfect size, love the separate bedroom and full kitchen. The complimentary breakfast was superb - great selection, consistently replenished, and good quality. We found the staff to be very friendly and welcoming. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

Found this hotel expensive. We stayed for one night in a one bedroom suite that came with a pull out sofa bed and two queen beds. We paid 159 plus taxes which brought the total to $170. But every hotel in Fargo is overpriced.

The hotel is new so all the furnishings were nice and it felt cosy. I found the mattress on the bed very comfy but my husband did not. The hotel seemed clean and the staff was great.

I was trying to cancel our reservation earlier as the toll free telephone staff are extremely rude and inflexible but glad I followed through.

The pool area is very slippery and the bathrooms for the pool are in the lobby which is a ridiculous walk from the pool when you are semi wet. I suspect that is why the pool seems very chlorinated. It did irritate one of my children's eyes. Also saw something that looked like mouse droppings for two days near the hot tub that was not cleaned. (Which I did not mention to staff and I am sure happens a lot in these kind of indoor pools.)

The kitchen suite area was well stocked with some dish detergent, dishes, glasses and paper towels.

The breakfast the nice day had a nice variety and seemed well stocked and fresh but very poorly laid out seating and space.

Our hotel room had nice strong shower pressure and room was fairly quiet.

Found the location far from shopping. Other than the high price and pool area it was a nice hotel. The best
Part was the nice front desk staff.

Stayed: November 2013
TMIHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Dear Asiatrip2007Winnipeg,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback of the Residence Inn Fargo. We are truly sorry we did not succeed in creating a memorable experience for you. I am sorry our bathrooms are not located next to the pool area and that you found the pool area slippery and dirty. I will be addressing your comments with my staff so we can continue to improve for our future guests. I hope you will allow us another opportunity to change your mind on your next trip to Fargo.

Laura L.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

I really like this hotel. The staff is wonderful, the service fantastic, and its in a great location.

They serve a nice (hot) breakfast every morning as well as a dinner M-Th. The fitness room is better than most hotels but I didn't check out the pool.

My only issues (and why they did not get a five star) is because I could not keep the room warm, there was a draft and the furnace didn't seem to want to go above 66. This would have been fine if the comforters were thicker but they weren't thick at all.

The other was the noise. I had to get ear plugs because when the furnace did kick on it changed the airflow in the room and would rattle the door just enough to sound like someone was trying to get in. The fridge kicking in also was noisy. There was also the sound of the trains going through town.

I may just be a lighter sleeper than I think I am and don't want to take away from the positives.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We arrived in Fargo a day late, due to flight problems with weather. We were attending at a family wedding that day at 4 PM. We arrived at the airport & AA had lost the bag with our shoes. We called the hotel to see if we could check in early to take showers & get dressed. We also asked where we could buy shoes on the way to the hotel. The staff went above & beyond to help us!!! Then we discovered our GPS didn't work. No problem. The front desk printed out directions to all of our destinations. All of this on a very busy weekend at the end of August, when many families were staying there to move in their college student kids. I cannot give enough praise to the staff at the hotel. AND, the suite was so lovely & immaculate!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for the first time this past weekend. Very nice hotel, clean, big rooms 2 bedrooms 2 bathrooms nice living room and kitchen. The down side we could hear the people above us talking and yelling I think at one point it sounded like they were playing rock band. I also forgot my body pillow there and they didn't even email or phone and let us know. I don't know if I would stay there again. Overall it is a nice hotel just noisy guests.

Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Tracy R
TMIHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Dear Tracy R,
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Residence Inn Fargo. Please accept my apology that we did not exceed your expectations while you were our guest. Also, I apologize that we did not notify you that your pillow was found. Unfortunately, our policy does not allow us to contact guests for items left behind, but guests are more than welcome to reach out to us regarding lost and found items. I hope you will allow us another opportunity to impress you on your next visit to Fargo.

Laura L.
701-282-2240

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Stayed here with my husband & 1.5-year-old daughter this summer. The room was clean and large, and the service was wonderful. The front desk clerks and breakfast attendants were all incredibly friendly. Breakfast was great. Didn't use the pool, grill, or basketball court, but all looked nice. Would definitely stay here again next time I'm in town.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank heder
Reviewed October 13, 2013

The room in this hotel was a pleasant surprise as it was big and beautiful.

It was just like being at home with a large living area with a large couch, large bureau, complete furnished kitchen with dishwasher, microwave, refrigerator, etc.

The bedroom corner had a large bed and next to this was a large bathroom with a tub.

You could live in this room for weeks and have your office there.

A large flat screen TV could be easily turned to the bedroom area, the living area or the bureau.

There is good working free WiFi internet and an option to have a higher speed for $5,- a day (September 2013)

Breakfast was not spectacular with a limited selection. But then, you have a kitchen in your room so....

A very good choice hotel when you are in Fargo.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo