“Good boneless wings!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed September 1, 2014

We were staying at a nearby hotel and walked over to eat. We sat at our table quite a long time before a waitress came over. We had been seated in the bar area; however, this waitress was working in another area. She apologized and took our order anyway. The service after that was wonderful. I ordered the bar-b-que boneless wings. These were very good and came with carrots and ranch. My daughter ordered mac-n-cheese and said it was very good. My son had the chicken kids meal which he said was good, also. My husband ordered a chicken sandwich, but the wing sauce was a little hot for him. The Twizzlers at the end were a nice surprise. All in all, it was a fun restaurant once we got served.

Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

We were there to have breakfast at 9am and the place was already full. We were in the waiting list but it didn't take that long for them to take our order. Based from her nameplate, it was the owner who served us. She's a customer champion! We had biscuits and gravy. It was tasty. We'll definitely visit next time we come to Fargo.

TheOfficialQSL, Franchisor at Quaker Steak & Lube, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2014

ThanQ for sharing your review! We are always happy to hear from our guests. We are glad you received excellent Team Member service and enjoyed your meal. Please come back again soon!

Reviewed August 7, 2014

We stopped in for drinks and appetizers mid-afternoon while in Fargo. It was a unique atmosphere with the cars and cycles hanging from the ceiling and the "quaker state" theme---lots to look at and great conversation starters! Service was good---nice variety of drinks and appetizers. We would definitely return!

Reviewed July 20, 2014

Holy Smokes was that place good! I don't like pickles - their deep fried pickles were AMAZING!! I LOVED their pretzels and the apple nachos - oh man! Probably didn't need as much apple in the middle but oh man - I'll be having sweet dreams for weeks to come. YUMMY! It was nice, too, because it was pretty quiet when we were there - so plenty of time to look around, enjoy the place.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

Made my second trip to Fargo's Quaker Steak & Lube, craving a platter of wings on Saturday. I ordered a combo plate of a "half-rack" of ribs and six traditional Buffalo wings, with baked beans and mac & cheese (recommended by my server). The wings came BBQ instead of Buffalo and, evidently at QS&L a "half-rack" of ribs is 4 bones. While the baked beans were piping hot and reasonably tasty, the mac & cheese was beyond bland and only slightly above room temperature. My waitress was nowhere to be found but "Kat" came by, corrected my wing order, exchanged my cold mac & cheese for cole slaw, topped off my ice water, and got me thinking maybe things were going to be all right....Naaah...the cole slaw was as tasteless as the mac & cheese, and the signature baby-back ribs, having never suffered the indignity of a couple of hours in a smoker, were just o.k. When my waitress finally re-surfaced to bring me my bill, the invoice showed a total of $17 and the Credit Card Signature Slip showed a total of $22. When I pointed out the discrepancy, she giggled and said, "oops...I pushed the wrong button", disappeared and returned with the corrected slip.

The next time I'm tempted to succumb to the attractive signage and professional branding of a restaurant featuring an "in house motorcycle museum" and 30 blaring televisions, I'm going to remind myself of this disappointing visit, steer my car a few blocks to the north and west and spend my hard-eared in a locally-owned restaurant where food is the focus and excellence is the frequently-achieved goal....Spitfire Bar & Grille.

(On this particular Saturday, Kat the server was the only thing right with QS&L/Fargo...thanks to you, Kat!)