“Ah- YUM!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Holy Smokes was that place good! I don't like pickles - their deep fried pickles were AMAZING!! I LOVED their pretzels and the apple nachos - oh man! Probably didn't need as much apple in the middle but oh man - I'll be having sweet dreams for weeks to come. YUMMY! It was nice, too, because it was pretty quiet when we were there - so plenty of time to look around, enjoy the place.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

Made my second trip to Fargo's Quaker Steak & Lube, craving a platter of wings on Saturday. I ordered a combo plate of a "half-rack" of ribs and six traditional Buffalo wings, with baked beans and mac & cheese (recommended by my server). The wings came BBQ instead of Buffalo and, evidently at QS&L a "half-rack" of ribs is 4 bones. While the baked beans were piping hot and reasonably tasty, the mac & cheese was beyond bland and only slightly above room temperature. My waitress was nowhere to be found but "Kat" came by, corrected my wing order, exchanged my cold mac & cheese for cole slaw, topped off my ice water, and got me thinking maybe things were going to be all right....Naaah...the cole slaw was as tasteless as the mac & cheese, and the signature baby-back ribs, having never suffered the indignity of a couple of hours in a smoker, were just o.k. When my waitress finally re-surfaced to bring me my bill, the invoice showed a total of $17 and the Credit Card Signature Slip showed a total of $22. When I pointed out the discrepancy, she giggled and said, "oops...I pushed the wrong button", disappeared and returned with the corrected slip.

The next time I'm tempted to succumb to the attractive signage and professional branding of a restaurant featuring an "in house motorcycle museum" and 30 blaring televisions, I'm going to remind myself of this disappointing visit, steer my car a few blocks to the north and west and spend my hard-eared in a locally-owned restaurant where food is the focus and excellence is the frequently-achieved goal....Spitfire Bar & Grille.

(On this particular Saturday, Kat the server was the only thing right with QS&L/Fargo...thanks to you, Kat!)

Reviewed July 1, 2014

We stopped in for lunch early Sunday. Have been here before but last two visits not happy. Service was slow coffee cold took quite a while to get
our food even though hardly anybody in
There. When food arrived it was cold. Also, very salty.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

Just passed thru town with my family, and our hotel recommended the Quaker Steak and Lube. Our kids had the time of their life! So much to look at, and very casual environment for a family. We ordered many things on the menu, appetizer, kids meals and our entrees. Mostly the burger and wings were great. Fun to try the different flavors of wing sauce. Thank you Quaker for a great evening out with my family!

Reviewed May 21, 2014

This is an average restaurant, that could be amazing. As with most restaurants management needs to be replaced. Poor service and mediocre food make this one a poor value. If they can get it together soon, they may survive, otherwise they will be closed soon, a real shame.

TheOfficialQSL, Franchisor at Quaker Steak & Lube, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

ThanQ for sharing your review. We greatly appreciate all feedback from our guests. We want all our guests to experience great Team Member service and it seems we did not reach this goal for you. If you would like to share more information about this experience please email us at teamqsl@thelube.com. We hope to hear from you and see you back again at The Lube soon.