“It was so good, we had drive 4 hours to go back!”

India Palace Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
India Palace Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 330 Restaurants in Fargo
Cuisines: Indian, Balti
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Grand Rapids, Minnesota
“It was so good, we had drive 4 hours to go back!”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We made another weekend trip to Fargo just to try the India Palace again. There is nothing like this restaurant where we live (in the land of pizza and hamburgers) and it was really worth the trip a second time! We have had the buffet twice; once during our December trip and once during this trip in January. The buffet was always fresh and they mix up the selections and put new things there. My husband likes milder food and I like mine mild to super hot, and the wait staff remembered that, and brought out a little dish of their special hot curry sauce for me! One night for the evening meal, I had the chicken vindaloo again...can't get enough of the flavor!! I also remembered that the Madrasi chicken was very good and very hot, which I love! There is so much flavor going on, and the combinations of garlic naan and plain naan with the spice in the food is just unbeatable. We love the chana masala....and their homemade pistachio and mango ice creams are just so good...We can't wait to go back but probably won't be able to until summer, but we will be back! Fargo, you have a real gem of a restaurant there.

1 Thank Westies_OnTheRoad

“Wow!”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Wow! I can't believe Fargo finally has a world class indian restaurant. The food was amazing the service was great no complaints they could use an extra person in the wait staff ( 3 waiters took care of the whole Friday rush) would go back.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank food344
“Excellent flavors”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Awesome food and great service. Best Indian food I could say I've ever had. My family and I really enjoyed their Balti dish and the chicken tikki masala with nan bread.

3 Thank crystal011
Fargo
“No complaints”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

India place opened up in November, I went in there about a week ago with a few friends. We were greeted fairly quickly (Saturday night). We enjoyed the food great amount of spice. Go for the lamb shrimp mushroom balti or rogan josh.. Overall good experience can't wait to try the buffet

5 Thank Brad W
“Fabulous food and service!!!”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

The very charming and attentive man who waited on us was delightful. He made menu suggestions and made sure we had everything we needed to fully enjoy the dining experience. And enjoy it we did!!! The food was excellent and very reasonable...I'll be back. The lunch buffet looked wonderful but we opted to follow the recommendations of our waiter as we prefer our food a bit spicier than the food on the buffet. It was explained that all dishes on the buffet were mild to medium. We ordered our food hot and it was pleasantly spicy but not at all too hot. If you have never had or are uncertain about trying Indian food...this would be a great place to start as the staff truly want you to be happy and enjoy. Not to mention the place was SPOTLESS!!!

5 Thank RJFfromCO

Been to India Palace Restaurant? Share your experiences!