“Comemorative Air Force was there!”
Review of Fargo Air Museum

Fargo Air Museum
Ranked #5 of 40 things to do in Fargo
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Located just off I-29 interstate, The Fargo Air Museum is an easily accessed pet friendly, must-stop location. North Dakota's premiere aviation destination, the Fargo Air Museum's dual hangars are home to aircraft of all eras - from a modern unmanned reconnaissance drone to the "most accurate recreation of a Wright Brothers' flyer the Smithsonian Institute has ever seen." A "flying" museum, many of the airplanes occasionally take to the sky, a unique feature not found in the vast majority of the nation's static-display air museums. More than just a simple place to display its many aircraft, military memorabilia and exhibits, the Fargo Air Museum also houses one of the midwest's largest Aviation libraries. In addition, the museum hosts educational day-camps, speakers and seminars for flight fans of all ages to enjoy. The Fargo Air Museum is a fantastic choice for a unique venue for corporate & private events and has quickly become a local favorite for hosting wedding ceremonies and receptions. Please email for event rental information. Located across the street from the Fargodome, the museum is also surrounded with dining opportunities and is conveniently just moments away from the Fargo's Hector International Airport.
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Wow, B-17 rides, the only flying B-29 in the world, P-51's... What a weekend. This place is way cool and the people were great.

1  Thank Padraic M

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Not a huge collection but still worth a look if you enjoy vintage war planes. They sometimes run special events, like Vietnam era planes and they do bring special events, like taking a ride on a WWII B-17 bomber.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I h ave been to the air museum several times with visiting relatives. The hangar that houses the planes is not large, so the visit can take an hour - or more if one talks with the guides. Anice feature is being able to climb in many of the planes to get a ral feel for them.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

A great museum to while away an hour to break my journey for the day and escape from the sun.
I really can't understand the negative comments of some reviews. There is plenty to see, both in the hangar and outside and during my visit, one of the volunteers was helping children into one of the planes for a better look. So, on my visit, there was lots to see and the staff were very helpful and friendly.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Was kind of a small place. When we were there I think they had 2 helicopters and 3 airplanes. We just stopped because I knew it wouldn't take long and my son was free. I think we stayed for maybe a 1/2 hr maybe a little longer. They had the vietnam war exhibit going on. Some of it was interesting but I've never been interested in learning about the vietnam war. My son loved it which was the whole point of going. I carried him the whole time since I didnt want him touching anything. They did have one thing that was interactive so he got to sit and "fly" and was excited for that for about 3 mins. Will I ever go back here again... probably not.