“Quite Nice for Minor League Ball”

Newman Outdoor Field
Ranked #3 of 38 things to do in Fargo
winnipeg,manitoba
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Quite Nice for Minor League Ball”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

A nice ballpark with red brick outsides greeted me as our family drove from our home in Winnipeg to Fargo to watch our Goldeyes (minor league AA baseball team) in action vs. the Fargo Redhawks. The food was good and the seats were good with a good view of the plate and first base.

Visited August 2011

• Korean first
Barnesville, Minnesota
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Newman Outdoor Field”
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Enjoyed the Redhawks game and ballfield food. Mini doughnuts are great!

Visited August 2011
West Fargo
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Family friendly, wallet friendly!”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

If you are visiting the area during baseball season, it is well worth it to attend a Redhawks game. The ticket prices are not bad (for minor league baseball), but it's the concession stand prices that make this event easy on the wallet! For $2.50 (or maybe it was $3.50, still a great price) you can get a kid's meal of a hotdog, bag of chips and a 12 oz soda. Even better, anyone can get a kid's meal! My son got a small wooden bat with the Redhawks logo for $8. They toss out teeshirts between innings, have kid's race between innings as well as other "crowd pleasers". My favorite part is there is quite a bit of protection from rain if you get caught in a summer shower. My son loved the playground area. Very fun afternoon, even if you are not a huge fan of the sport. In comparison to a major league game, the prices are so much cheaper for the same thing, not to mention that the players will come out to meet fans afterwards. (I have many friends who have taken photos with the players an dproudly post them on Facebook.) Not too bad for a day of fresh air away from the television!

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Lissa B
Fargo, North Dakota
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Great Space, Cowardly Management”
Reviewed June 1, 2012

I used to love going here for games, but when I took my friends to watch a game, we were verbally accosted by a drunk fan (he was bussed in for a bachelor party). He was screaming rape jokes at the visiting team, and we were pretty offended. When we told the bouncers they talked to Mr. Drunk and then proceeded to let him return to his seat when he "promised" to act better. He merely turned down the volume and started threatening the women in our party. If the game had not been basically over, I might have been inclined to ask Mr. Stumbly to say that to my face again. When I talked to management afterwards, they basically said that they need the business. Not mine or my friends' apparently. Haven't been back and won't until somebody puts people's safety above a few drunk $$.

Visited July 2011
2 Thank DocMara
Grand Forks, North Dakota
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Good family fun.”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Good value entertainment for all ages. Baseball, good food selection and lots of non-baseball promos. Try the lemonade!

Visited May 2012