“Cold Food”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 6th Ave
Description: Mezzaluna is a casual fine dining establishment cleverly hidden off Broadway in Downtown Fargo. Classic Artisan Food & Drinks are the specialty. Chef Eric Watson has designed a menu to suit everyone's palate. From our House-Ground Burger in the bar to Grilled Duck Breast & Leg Confit in the dining room. Mezzaluna is located in the historic Lofts on Roberts Street Building. The Lofts on Roberts was built in 1917 as the Smith, Follett & Crowl office and warehouse. Kilbourne Group worked diligently to preserve and maintain the integrity of many of the building's historical features, including a pressed metal ceiling, large windows, corbelled brick, simplistic stone trim, wood joists and beams, and wood flooring. Perfect atmosphere for the Classic Artisan Food & Drink of Mezzaluna. Imagine sitting in this classy historic setting while sipping on a Gin Fizz or a Classic Side Car. Our Mixologists are sure to tempt your tastebuds and will pair the perfect drink with your dinner
Reviewed March 6, 2014

This place was lively and upbeat on a recent Saturday evening. Service was extremely attentive and friendly. Unfortunately my vegetarian lasagne arrived cold. The waiter was quick to take it away and the manager personally delivered a hot plate of lasagne with profuse apologies a little while later. The food was good, a bit on the rich side. Even the bread basket had overly rich selections! Sometimes it's better to keep food simple and straightforward so that the full taste and texture of quality ingredients can shine through.

1  Thank SunshineCheyenne

Reviewed March 3, 2014

My son and I have attended a dinner theater at Mezzaluna! It was wonderful! the food was terrific. Even a teenager enjoyed it. After the performance, they had a professional pianist play background music.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

The bruschetta is to die for! All the food was amazing and it has a couple-y vibe to the place. Will definitely be going back for a special occasion.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Absolutely loved the space - the decorations, ambiance, etc. is very cool. The food was so-so. We love Monte's in Fargo, but thought we'd try this place since their menu looked promising.

Although very nice, the water pourers (whatever their official names are) need to settle down. I swear I would down 1 Tablespoon of water and they would come rushing over to top it off. It got very annoying. My fiance actually stopped drinking water so they would hopefully stop coming (since I kept drinking, this did not work).

We got the "rare" szechuan seared tuna as an appetizer and it was very dry, which totally killed the whole reason to get such an appetizer - I want it to melt in my mouth!

My fiance got the balsamic grilled New York strip steak for an entree and it was pretty good (especially when bits of candied bacon made in into the bite), but it was not as good as the meat we've had elsewhere (Monte's!) and the server did not ask him how he wanted the steak done (thankfully it was not well done). I got the special which was sole fish wrapped around lobster chunks, mushrooms and some other unidentifiable stuff. It was sitting on top of a huge amount of dry sweet potato dumplings. It was very lackluster and I kept trying to steal bites of my fiance's steak.

We got the rosemary-pear creme brulee and housemade ice cream for dessert. The creme brulee was ok, but the housemade ice cream was excellent. I believe it was a kum quat fruit flavor (the restaurant is LOUD, so it was hard to hear all the food descriptions).

Overall, nothing amazing, nor terrible.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

A gem in Downtown Fargo with an excellent atmosphere and food options. Great service and a diverse menu. Currently it is not open Mondays.

2  Thank Renaissanceman58102

Been to Mezzaluna? Share your experiences!