“My favorite place in Fargo”
Review of Mezzaluna

Mezzaluna
Ranked #5 of 337 Restaurants in Fargo
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 6th Ave
Description: Mezzaluna is a casual fine dining establishment cleverly hidden off Broadway in Downtown Fargo. Classic Artisan Food & Drinks are the specialty. Chef Eric Watson has designed a menu to suit everyone's palate. From our House-Ground Burger in the bar to Grilled Duck Breast & Leg Confit in the dining room. Mezzaluna is located in the historic Lofts on Roberts Street Building. The Lofts on Roberts was built in 1917 as the Smith, Follett & Crowl office and warehouse. Kilbourne Group worked diligently to preserve and maintain the integrity of many of the building's historical features, including a pressed metal ceiling, large windows, corbelled brick, simplistic stone trim, wood joists and beams, and wood flooring. Perfect atmosphere for the Classic Artisan Food & Drink of Mezzaluna. Imagine sitting in this classy historic setting while sipping on a Gin Fizz or a Classic Side Car. Our Mixologists are sure to tempt your tastebuds and will pair the perfect drink with your dinner
Reviewed February 27, 2013

For an after work drink and bite to eat, Mezzaluna is always my first choice. I have yet to make it past their lounge area to the actual dining area, as I enjoy the bar so much, whether along the horseshoe shaped bar seating, the cocktail tables or the elevated section overlooking the alleyway. I think of their M burger often and it is hard not to order that when I visit. Very juicy burger and I like mine with dill hivarti cheese and the asiago tots and a glass (or two) of Stella. I've also had the meatballs, fish & chips and crab cakes. All this is off the lounge menu plus there are several other choices. If you get there before 6pm (or after 10pm), you can even get them at the very low happy hour prices.

I have been dying to try their Saturday night midnight brunch but that hasn't happened yet. I've heard great things. I am also looking forward to the rack of lamb, crabbed stuffed walleye and Hawaiian pink snapper off their dining menu.

Another great way to start or top off the evening is to see a movie at the alleyway neighbor Fargo Theatre before or after your visit.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

It was our first time there and when we arrived the host seemed so genuinely pleased that we were there. It was so nice to be so sincerely welcomed. The atmosphere is unique and fun. It almost felt like three different places in one with a raised cornered off eating area, a bar area and then the true restaurant area. The food was phenomenal. We each really liked our dishes the beef tenderloin was so smooth, the bison meatloaf my husband loved. The wine was generous servings and was a large wine menu to choose from. Since it was my birthday our dessert was free. Nice touch. We were a table of six and the service was just top notch.

1  Thank Beth B
Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

Mezzaluna is a surprise for Fargo. Great food and atmosphere with excellent food just off Broadway gives one the impression you are literally off broadway in New York City.

Make sure you make a reservation as it can be busy.

1  Thank scottishirishpirate
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Thinking about this place makes me hungry. The food is really good. The drinks are refreshing maybe a little pricy but that's just me being cheap lol. Would go back

1  Thank food344
Reviewed February 1, 2013

When you walk into Mezzaluna, you feel like you are entering a 1920s ballroom, or maybe the Titanic. The lights are dim, and the floor plan is open. Most of the decor is black and white.

The menu is one page long. We were on a budget, so we just ordered soups, appetizers and dessert. I had a butternut squash soup and my friend had the tomato soup. Both were creamy and delicious.

You get an assortment of bread to snack on. All of it is delicious as is the tomato-basil spread that comes in addition to butter.

The presentation of the appetizers was right out of a culinary magazine. I would highly recommend the crab cakes. You only get two, but they are succulent. We also had the brie with fruit, which was generously portioned. We both took home leftovers.

Most of their desserts are priced at $2. They are tiny, but a nice end to the meal. We had the Earl Gray creme brulee. It didn't look too appetizing since the creme brulee was gray. The flavor was distinct. You would enjoy it if you really like Earl Gray, if not the cookie and raspberry sauce takes a bit of the edge off. I probably wouldn't order it again.

You also are served some rosemary cookies at the end of your meal.

The service is very attentive. Our table was wobbly, and they fixed it right away. They also kept our water glasses filled, cleared plates quickly and even brushed the crumbs off our table.

Been to Mezzaluna? Share your experiences!