“Fine dining on a budget”
Review of Mezzaluna

Mezzaluna
Ranked #5 of 333 Restaurants in Fargo
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 6th Ave
Description: Mezzaluna is a casual fine dining establishment cleverly hidden off Broadway in Downtown Fargo. Classic Artisan Food & Drinks are the specialty. Chef Eric Watson has designed a menu to suit everyone's palate. From our House-Ground Burger in the bar to Grilled Duck Breast & Leg Confit in the dining room. Mezzaluna is located in the historic Lofts on Roberts Street Building. The Lofts on Roberts was built in 1917 as the Smith, Follett & Crowl office and warehouse. Kilbourne Group worked diligently to preserve and maintain the integrity of many of the building's historical features, including a pressed metal ceiling, large windows, corbelled brick, simplistic stone trim, wood joists and beams, and wood flooring. Perfect atmosphere for the Classic Artisan Food & Drink of Mezzaluna. Imagine sitting in this classy historic setting while sipping on a Gin Fizz or a Classic Side Car. Our Mixologists are sure to tempt your tastebuds and will pair the perfect drink with your dinner
Fargo, North Dakota, United States
“Fine dining on a budget”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

There are happy hour specials ($7 each for appetizers), and I have tried many of them. They are SO, SO good, and filling! The M Burger, for example, is pretty much a full sized burger that comes with delicious tater tots. Well worth $7. Their regular menu is expensive, but I have to say that I fully intend to treat myself to something scrumptious (since every morsel I've tried has been outstanding!) Highly recommended!

Visited October 2012

Mandan, North Dakota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Good Atmosphere ~ True Downtown Experience!”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

My girlfriends and I had heard about this place for awhile, so we decided to try the bar part of their restaurant for their happy hour specials. It was absolutely declicious! We ended up having their Mezzaluna burger and a side of tator tots for only $7!!, trust me, it is not just a slapped together burger, it was absolutely delicious! I also saw on their menu they had some interesting looking cocktails, I decided to give it a try. I can't remember the name, but I think it was the ally cat fizz, it was yummy! The only thing I would have to critique on, is that the cocktails were a little spendy in my opinion at $9 each, however, it was delicious.
Now that I tried the bar part of Mezzaluna, I can't wait to try the fine dining part of the restaurant, on the menu, it looks more expensive than a typical restaurant, but if its half as good as the bar part of the restuarant, it'll be well worth it :)

• Visited September 2012
North Dakota
“Our evening was a Culinary Spa to Celebrate a 21st Birthday”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I was sooo spoiled from the moment of entry with my out of town guests! We wanted a special evening and it was truly a culinary spa and customer service delight. Whether it was the special opening welcome with the chef's appetizer in a cone, the fresh bread assortment or the artisan cheese tray with so many distinct flavors ...I knew it would be an amazing evening and it was. We ordered the duck, the walleye wrapped with pesto, the flank steak and steak bites which gave a unique set flavors for all to try. Oh my! The sorbet to cleanse the palate and the french press coffee with dessert put the night over the top! thank you to Eric, Christie and Nick for making our night one to remember.

• Visited October 2012
Moorhead, Minnesota
“Pretty good food, good service and presentation but the fish was over cooked but still recommended.”
Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

The restaurant was full on a Wednesday night. The service was good although the waiter is very young and inexperienced. More training would be a good idea. The chef came out which was a nice touch. The salads and soups were tasty and attractive. He dick two ways was good although the breast could be more rare. The fish special with an Asian name was over cooked. We had two orders at the table and both suffered dryness. The small $2 desserts is a great idea. Food presentation was excellent. There are many good things with this restaurant but kitchen details could improve. A busy night isn't enough of an excuse for over cooked fish. Fine tune. Still recommended.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Excellent food”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband and I had dinner here and the food was excellent. I recommend the Greek salad. I had the nightly special and it was fabulous. The service was good.

• Visited September 2012

Been to Mezzaluna? Share your experiences!