“Another good choice for barbecue”
Review of Dickey's Barbecue Pit - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Dickey's Barbecue Pit
Cuisines: American
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I've been to Dickey's three or four times since they've opened in Fargo. I've had a variety of entrees, and haven't been disappointed. I especially like their brisket, spicy cheddar sausage, and chicken. Sides are pretty good, too, although I wasn't thrilled with the potato salad.

There are newer reviews for Dickey's Barbecue Pit

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Free ice cream with your purchase. The first time I went I loved the ribs, fried okra and fried onions. This time I found the ribs really greasy. I also tried the mashed potato casserole which was just mash potatoes with cheese and garlic. I like the choices of sides but was disapointed in my last food choices. I also find the staff here really nice.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

The food quality here is very poor. Fatty pulled pork. We tried it twice and had the same poor food experience both times. This city has so much to offer for excellent dining experiences that you don't have to get stuck at franchise that sells such poor quality meat. It is very noisey as well -- hard to carry on a conversation. The music was turned up so loud we had a hard time having a conversation.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

We had a light supper of ribs and some side dishes. The ribs were great. Their spicy sauce was mild compared to most rib joints. There was free soft icecream. I saw one young fellow fill his drink with ice cream and root beer--a root beer float, something I hadn't had for years. Had one this night, tho.

1  Thank Lee R
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We stopped for lunch and had a great meal. I ordered the quarter plate (1/4 lb of meat--I chose the pork ribs). My husband ordered the special of the day which was the pulled pork sandwich. We both enjoyed our meal and felt the prices were quite reasonable. My ribs had a lot of meat on the bones and almost melted in your mouth. The sides were also very good--my fried okra was very tasty. The onion tanglers were a bit too salty for our liking, but as we tend to not salt our food overly much, we often have that complaint about fast food items. The free dill pickles were crunchy and just the way I like them. They serve extra barbecues sauces which you can help yourself to, so that you can add as much or as little as you like. We finished our meal with a small bowl of free soft serve ice cream. We'll definitely stop again the next time we're in Fargo.

1  Thank winnipegcamper