“It was an experience!” 3 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch
Fargo, North Dakota, United States
“It was an experience!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

The food was good. Although the server was friendly, the service was interesting, I ordered the gyro sandwich with lemonade what I got was the gyro meal and a glass of water. Told the server it was water and he brought back a glass of Sprite! My sister ordered the foot-long steak sandwich. She got a 6 inch steak sandwich, menu stated with tomato, but there was no tomato on it! However, she was only charged $4 not the $7 which was the price for the foot-long.
The table could have been cleaned sometime in the last week, the beverage glasses were questionable (don't lick the glass!). The cost of the meals included the drinks.
Would I go back? Yes, the food was very good.

• Visited September 2013

“Soooo Good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

I love, love, love this place! I stopped here on a whim because it is apparently the closest thing Fargo has to Ethiopian food. The first time I went was at night and my waiter was an adorable young boy. He was very friendly and explained a few of the things I did not recognize on the menu. I liked this place so much I came back the next day to get lunch for my Hubby (who by the way was two hours away in Bismarck!). Later I came back AGAIN, this time with my Hubby so he could experience the fresh taste and not the 2 and a half hour car ride in the cold taste! I can't say how much I love this place. Hubby and I came back here a few weeks later on the way to Winnipeg. The quality is consistently good and the service is generally warm and welcoming.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Maogun23
Moorhead, Minnesota
“Much more then we expected”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

I had heard many positive comments from colleagues about Habib's but wasn't prepared for the experience we ultimately had. When you first walk in you might ponder if you made the right choice as it is quite small and doesn't have much in the way of decor. It was clean however and the server was very friendly. The menu titles are a bit confusing because it is so new but everything is adequately described so you know full well what's coming. However, you are not at all expecting the size of the portions or quality. It wasn't the fastest service I have ever had but I was blown away by the taste and value. We easily got two meals out of one order. My nephew sitting next to me was surprised that it wasn't busy and said that this place should be packed every day. Yes, it has some different flavors and not many Americans are used to eating goat but there are many options for even those who are timid. I am making a point of telling everyone I know about our experience there so that perhaps they can share in one themselves.

• Visited April 2013
Fargo, North Dakota
“Try something different”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Went here for lunch with a friend. I tried a dish with goat a seasoned rice. It was delicious. It came with two dipping sauces. All of it looked and tasted fresh and homemade. The atmosphere was very plain with fast food type booths and tables. The food came out quick and I'd recommend this to anyone tired of the same food all the time. I can't convince my wife to try it though.

• Visited August 2012