“Yep, Great Sushi in Fargo”

Wasabi Sushi and Asian Grill
Ranked #36 of 333 Restaurants in Fargo
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Minneapolis, MN
“Yep, Great Sushi in Fargo”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Hard to believe. Our son and his girlfriend visited and we got the leftovers. Fabulous. We can't wait to visit ourselves.

Visited February 2014

Moorhead, Minnesota
“Clueless amateur hour at its worst”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

I have been here at least half a dozen times. This place has always been staffed with amateurs who have not been well trained. Today was the worst. We approached the host's station which had a sign that asked patrons to wait to be seated. We waited a bit, one help was counting money, a few were roaming around. One acknnowledged us but told us to wait. He went off for something else and another pair of young ladies came up but were not interested in seating us. I started counting slowly ten and at the count of ten two came again but went off again. Still not seated. We left and will never return. sadly the place was about a quarter filled. Already overstaff for the crowd and allowing customers to be frustrated enough to leave is appalling for a business. The owner owns several restaurants in town, none particular well-run or successful. He needs to set up standard and do some serious training with specific outcomes in mind. This leaving everyone on their own to just do what feels right will only get you there once in a while without consistent deliverables. This is how restaruants fall into unprocessionalism and fall apart at the end. Just terrible.

• Visited January 2014
3 Thank kawidd
Valley City, North Dakota
“Average Sushi, Nice Atmosphere”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

A pretty regular sushi place with a nice atmosphere. The sushi didn't knock my socks off like it usually does at other places. Just wasn't as decadent (rich, savory, naturally saline) as what I expect. Rice is good, wasabi seems extra hot (nice). Try a sake flight, I tried some infused sake I never would've tried and it was very good. And affordable. If you like PBR, they are practically free. Our server was nice enough, but this had to be her first serving job, she didn't come to the table enough and was awkward. The miso soup starter is FANTASTIC. I would definitely go again, but maybe to it's connected sister restaurant, The Drunken Noodle, next time.

• Visited October 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
“My Favorite Sushi!”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I went to school in Fargo and quickly discovered my favorite sushi place! It is the best value for sushi I have found ANYWHERE! For only $9.50 I would get the 2-roll basic... at the typical sushi place a basic roll would be a small roll, but not at Wasabi! There are generous portions of meat in each roll and it always taste fresh! My favorites are the Spicy Yellowtail or Spicy Salmon. With the sushi purchase you receive miso soup for free and for $1.50 more you can get a delicious salad with ginger dressing. To sum it up Wasabi is the best sushi place with extremely affordable prices and friendly staff. My only complaint over the dozens of times I have gone is that it can be slow on occasion.

Visited June 2013
Maui, Hawaii
“It ain't Ra, but darn good!”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Had the Dakota, Crunch Munch and 911. 911 best I've had anywhere. The restaurant is nothing to write home to mom about, but it's in an old building in downtown Fargo, that's what gives it it's flare. Lots of bad reviews on service, price and quality. I didn't see any problems with anything. We had called for reservations, got our seat right of way, served water and a drink, and our sushi took as long as getting any other meal at a busy restaurant in town on a Friday night.
Definitely try this place out before judging and compare it to other sushi in town like 101. Probably as good or better with a different atmosphere. If you don't like it, don't eat there again and go back to eating sushi at the Chinese Buffets which you think is probably top shelf.

• Visited September 2013

Been to Wasabi Sushi and Asian Grill? Share your experiences!