“Not what was advertised”
Review of Famous Dave's

Famous Dave's
Ranked #36 of 346 Restaurants in Fargo
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I heard about Famous Dave's and wanted to try it. Overall it was OK, ribs were not as good as I expected. They ring a annoying bell to tell you the food was good... annoying as heck. The prices were fair, and the wash-up station was a nice touch. I would not go back again. They have opened in Canada now and maybe I will give it one more try.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

This is a very nice place for a quick meal. They have some very good food. This is not the Best Famous Dave's however. The Service is a bit slow.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

I have been to quite a few Famous Dave's in the past several years, when I have lived in or traveled to places that didn't have "real" BBQ places (like KC, Oklahoma, Texas, etc.). I don't consider FD's to be real BBQ, since it is a chain restaurant and I highly doubt that they are actually cooking the meat on the premises like real BBQ joints do. Still, their sides are good and FD's will do when I just need some meat :)

The Fargo location is better than average. The staff is friendly and the food wasn't too bad. The meat still doesn't have that fresh flavor that comes from places where the food has been slow-roasted that day, but rather it has that reheated taste to it. But the beans, while a bit on the sweet side for me, were good as was the potato salad. The bread pudding has a great brown sugar sauce. And the corn muffins are good. They have gotten stingy on the sauce for takeout orders. They used to have packets you could just grab and stick in the bag, but I guess people were taking too many because the packets aren't out there anymore.

I didn't see too many BBQ places in Fargo, so if you are desperate for some 'cue, you could do worse than FD's.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Had heard a lot about this place and excited to finally try it. Ribs were dry and tough. The chicken fingers were so salty that we could not finish them. But as least the potato wedges were great.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

YUM . . the food here was delicious and the service was great too. This place is a must on my list when I come to Fargo. The decor was cute too.