“Try the other Kelly Inn's in Fargo” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kelly Inn Fargo

Kelly Inn Fargo
Ranked #29 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Carver, Minnesota
“Try the other Kelly Inn's in Fargo”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2009

My wife and I stayed here the weekend while running the Fargo Marathon in May. Our room had stains on the carpet and a recliner chair that had tears in it. It was very dated and not very clean. We were glad we didn't need to spend much time at the hotel. It needs to be updated- there are 2 other Kelly Inn's in Fargo that are much nicer for the same price. Try one of those instead!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
ND
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2008

We checked in and got to our room. There was no offer to help with luggage and it was obvious we had alot of it. Get to our " first " room whene the 2 of the bigger lights wouldnt work. I called the front desk and they sent a lady down to fix it wtih 2 lightbulbs in hand-so they assumed. They tried the lightbulbs and that didnt work. Her answer was, she had no idea why. " Atleast she was honest! ". Well we asked if they had another room we could switch into, when you have a room with 3 or 4 lights and 2 out of the 4 dont work, I wanted to switch rooms. They check us into our 2nd room a few rooms down and immediately upon walking into that room it stunk of utter gross smoke smell. I immediately complained of the smell and was told well, they dont know why it would smell of smoke, apparently the guy who stays in that room during the week doesn't smoke. Whatever, it stunk and stunk so bad it was starting to make us sick. We stayed in there for about 30 minutes and decided that having the first room would've been better, no smoke smell atleast. We stayed the night and checked out immediately, before we had to be out. That afternoon I sent an email to the companys director who forwarded the reply to someone else and their response was. We're sorry you did not enjoy your stay but we will give 30% back. 30 %..I guess they couldve offered us another nights stay free, which I wouldn't have accepted anyways. They couldn't have cared less that we were upset. This was suppose to be a fun weekend get away with a hot tub jacuzzi in the room. Nope, all it was was a very small tub with a few jets in it. The only person who was semi friendly was the gal who checked us into our rooms. That morning upon check out, there were two teenage kids like working and talking, thats about it, doing absolutely nothing else, not offering any help or assistance with check out, didnt ask us how our stay was. I'm sure they probably already had an idea from all the complaints the night before. Do not stay in this hotel, I'm guessing every other room in there reaks of cigarette smoke, terribly. Most people were rude enough, even the manager who responded to my complaint email. If you stay here you are going to be miserable!

• Liked — That we were able to move back into our original room that did not reak of smoke
  • Disliked — Most everything else.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank mlh2337
Winnipeg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2007

We carefully chose this hotel according to location for our crossboarder shopping experince from Manitoba. We used the Fargo attractions brochure which was very helpful. The Kelly Inn was walking distance to West Acres Mall as well as other large stores. Our first impressions were good, as everything was clean and the room was spacious. Our bed was superbley comfortable. We went from a Sunday to Tuesday thus avoiding the Black Friday ( after thanksgiving) rush. We used the hot tub a few times and were the only ones in the pool area. The waffles at breakfast were really a neat idea but they also had bagels cereal toast donuts as well as a small selection of fruit. The coffee was NOT as good as Tim Hortons. The staff was friendly and helpful.
Our overall impression was very good and we would go back there sometime in the future.

• Liked — The bed and proximity to shopping
  • Disliked — no bathtub
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank footlooseWinnipeg
winnipeg
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2006

Having heard rave reviews about the Kelly, my fiance and I booked there for a shopping trip. There was nothing absolutely horrible about the place, but for what I paid and what I heard, I expected much much more.

Checkin was easy and quick. No problems there.
Room was clean, and very large.
Had pool, sauna and hot tub.
Included continental breakfast with make your own waffles, plus 24 hour coffee and tea in the lobby (not a full breakfast as some had said).
Close to West Acres
Morning/Say personel polite and easy to deal with

Downsides...
Room was large, but obviously worn and out of date. Nothing matched, which honestly isn't a big deal, but again, for the price and the reviews, I expected more.
Pool was ice cold, to the point where I couldn't go past my knees because my lips turned blue.
Sauna was too hot to go into. Fiance parched his face after one minute.
Hot tub looked nice and warm, but a family of about 20 didn't leave it the whole time we were there.
Free internet usage in the lobby, but every time we went down the hotel front desk girl (evening one) was on it, and even after waiting for 10 minutes, she made no move to return to her job and offer it to us. (she was talking on MSN).
Got sick from the waffles.
The walls were paper thin, and the family beside us had both a dog and an infant, whom from the sounds of it, they left ALONE in the room. Not the hotels fault, but I heard the poor guy screaming for about 20 miutes at a time, off and on all night.

Again- the hotel was not horrible in any way, just not nearly as nice as I expected from the rave reviews. If I were to do it again, I would save the extra $20 a stay in a hotel that was maybe a few minutes further away from the mall for the same quality, or a better quality for the same price. If you're really not picky and will be out of the room for most of the day, you shouldn't have a problem here.

• Liked — location. clean
  • Disliked — Noise, Pool,
  • Tips/Secrets — Decent for budget, but you can probably find something better for the budget!
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jenine
winnipeg mb
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2004

When we arrived, the room we were given was still a mess from the night before - had not been cleaned...fine...they gave us another room which was filthy, and had a broken sink plug (sink wouldn't drain - yuck) and bathroom light. I couldn't wait to get out of the place. The front desk wasn't exactly the shining example of customer service although the housekeeping staff was very accommodating... that however, is not enough to EVER get me back there - it was disgusting.

8 Thank bhm121