“Screwed for 15000 bonus Points”

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Fargo, ND
Ranked #18 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 10, 2010

Booked a reservation and confirmed on 3 occasions that the offered 15K bonus points would applied to my stay. Stayed because of this promotion. Now being told that it was a misunderstanding and that the points are not forthcoming. Apparently they gave me a rate that saved me 5 dollars so I forfeitted the equivallent of a free night worth 100 dollars. Even though the staff confirmed by eligibility the manager has decided that its just a misunderstanding. Well they wont have to worry about any future misunderstandings when it comes to misrepresenting promotions or any other claim by their staff or chain. Screw me once shame on you, screw me twice shame on me.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Retired57

Reviewed November 20, 2010

We had a small suite w/ 2 TVs, mimi fridge, pull-out sofa, king bed. Everything was very clean and in good repair. Plenty of squishy pillows on a very comfy bed. On weeknights, there's a free glass of wine and snacks offered in the lounge that also has a full service bar. At check in you find cookies, apples and hot cider awaiting. The bathroom has plenty of towels, lots of hot water and good counter space. The breakfast comes with the room and had a good selection of what we've come to expect from the "expanded continental" often advertised. Nothing lavish, but lots of items and certainly generous and plenty filling. Overall, a good stay. We'd return. And the noon check out time is later than most and appreciated.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 13, 2010

Pros:

Room and hotel are clean, easy 10 min. from the Airport.; free breakfast; decent selection of TV channels; free USAToday

Cons:

Maybe people in Fargo are cold, like the weather, but the fat young woman who checked me in in the evening wasn't very friendly, acted like she was doing me a big favor to give me her attention and answer basic questions. (Why is it people who are indifferent or hate their jobs are always assigned to greet customers? LOL)

Breakfast was nothing special: Cold cereal; instant oatmeal in packets; a few muffins; fruit--bananas and apples--was old and obviously rotten. (When I asked a woman working the breakfast area if she had fresh fruit, she snapped, "That's all we have!" Nice.)

Biggest downside of this place is it's location. Well, it's in Fargo, so I wasn't expecting much, but I didn't expect my sleep to be interrupted by non-stop train whistle noise, which it was. And I had even requested a quiet room away from the hwy.

I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone, even Officer Marge!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 10, 2010

It was a place to stay, unfortunately it didn't meet expectations. For cost conscious single or friend travelers, this hotel is just okay. I wouldn't recommend to anyone traveling with children.

The purpose of a hotel is to have a place to sleep. The very soft beds make a good nights sleep impossible. Add the wobbly unsecured toilet, open hole where the shower head pipe enters the wall, and green growth in the corners of the pool (hand rails in both the hot tub and pool were loose) - it wasn't a great stay. If you are over 5'9", prepare to duck while in the shower. Have stayed at higher rated hotels in the area and they are much better.

The continental breakfast was very disappointing. Greasy egg patties, weird sausage hash, no toast or bagels, juice was equivalent to sugar water. There were the waffles you could make yourself.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 9, 2010

Vactions can get very expensive but when you get a hotel like this with a GREAT breakfast included in the hotel price it sure makes things cheaper. It's not your average continental breakfast with just ceral. There is waffles, muffins, fruit, ceral ~ I can't even remember everything but we got our belly's full! Great value for a wonderful hotel!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 8, 2010

I stayed here this past weekend. Our room was o.k. but the bathroom was terrible. It looked like they were in the middle of construction but let us stay in the room anyway. They had changed the light fixture and the drywall mud was still wet. There are two mirrors in the bathroom and they both had water spots all over them so they obviously weren't wiped before our stay. I think the only thing that was cleaned was the sink as there was hair on the bathroom floor and in the shower. The wallpaper was coming off the walls and there was hairspray all over the walls as well. They probably gave us this room because we used a 20% off coupon. I also found the room a little noisy as I could hear people stomping around above us. I would never stay here again. When I checked out in the morning, the front desk clerk never even asked me how I enjoyed my stay. I had to offer up my complaints. Staybridge Suites is a much better place to stay in Fargo.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2010

This place is awesome. The lady at the front desk is extremely helpful, knowledgeable, friendly, and patient. The rooms are spacious with desk, pull out couch, two t.v.'s, and big windows with a great view. Housekeeping was very efficient, came on a daily basis and friendly, We stayed almost three weeks and they did not treat us any different from overnight guests. (Some hotels discriminate against stay-over guests.) This hotel is located in the heart of Fargo right next to the mall, not far from the Fargodome, and everything else is easily accessible. This is by far one of my favorite hotels.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple