“Clean rooms stay away from arcade games”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fargo
Ranked #19 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
GreenLeadersBronze level
Minneapolis
“Clean rooms stay away from arcade games”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We have "the family suite" here and it is as advertised. Hotel seems to have recently been painted, brand new shower curtain, very clean. Only issue is with the 4 "arcade" games near the pool area. They are old and take the kids' quarters. You try to inform the front desk and they plead ignorance. I am not a ranter. This place knows their arcade games are broken yet they refuse to refund with a posted sign reading"Hotel not responsible for money lost in coin operated machines". What? Ok, then take the broken machines from your property. Period. Everything else seems fine but please, take out the broken arcade games. These are kids you're ripping off.

• Stayed August 2012
Fargo_CountryInn, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fargo, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am pleased to know that you found our hotel to be clean and comfortable. I apologize for the experience you encountered with the arcade games located in our pool area. We do not own or operate these games but I have contacted the owners and shared with them the problems you encountered.

Best regards,

Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Bismarck, North Dakota, United States
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Excellent Service!!!! Great front desk people!!! Rooms were awesome!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Fargo_CountryInn, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fargo, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review! I am so glad that you enjoyed our staff and the excellent service that we strive to provide. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 15, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel on numerous occasions - from a couples getaway to a girls night out. The staff are always accommodating and the rooms are clean, modern, and comfortable. I won't stay anywhere else in Fargo now! And if you join their Club Carlson rewards program you can easily earn free stays. We're using my points for an almost-free night in Miami before a cruise in September!

Room Tip: We were upgraded to a suite on this trip and we will contemplate paying for one next time. It was aw...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your great review! I am so happy to hear that we are your hotel of choice when you visit Fargo! Our entire staff strives to ensure our guests have a comfortable and pleasant stay and I am delighted that you were able to experience that. We look forward to seeing you again in September!

Reviewed June 13, 2012

We stayed here on points over a weekend, to do some cross-border shopping. I always like the Country Inn brand and this did not disappoint. The pool was great, the breakfast was good if a bit crowded, and the room was great. A good experience all around.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Fargo_CountryInn, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fargo, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review! I could not be happier that you enjoyed our hotel during your visit to Fargo. We hope to see you again on your next cross-border shopping trip!

Minneapolis
Reviewed June 9, 2012

This hotel looks lovely on its website photos, but when I arrived I was surprised to find that it is located on a busy street in a grocery store parking lot. I was afraid that noise would be a problem, but with the air conditioning blowing, I actually didn't hear anything from the outside. The rooms were okay, the bed was comfortable, and staff was positive and helpful. Breakfast was fine, with a variety of choices, and the breakfast room was nice. My stay was okay, but next time I would look for a hotel with different surroundings.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! I am glad that you found our staff to be positive and helpful and you felt that our rooms were comfortable. I am sorry to hear that our location was not ideal for you but we would be delighted to have you stay again if you are ever back in Fargo!

Fargo, North Dakota
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Our family celebrated our twin's graduation from high school over the Memorial Day weekend and had a fantastic experience with the Country Inn & Suites, and particulary Megan their Sales and Catering Manager. Throughout the entire process leading up to the "big day", Megan was very accessible via email and in person. She made the process very relaxing for us and it went off without a hitch. We had the usual change requests along the way and she was very accomodating. I will definitely recommend the facility and Megan to anyone in need of event space!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fargo, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Thank you for your great review. It was a pleasure having your family at our hotel to celebrate the graduation of your daughters. I am so pleased to hear that your family had a great experience. We would be happy to have you back for any occasion in the future!

Warm regards,

Reviewed May 20, 2012

We were in town for the Fargo Marathon and ended up in the Country Inn and Suites. Convienient location, especially for the marathon suttle service. The staff was friendly and thoughtful. The offered a "grab and go" bag for the marathon runners the morning of the race. The hot tub was small but was hot and clean. We liked being able to get a hot coffee and cookie in the lobby. We called to request non-feathered pillows and the arrived within 2 minutes. We were pleased with our stay.

Room Tip: If you can get a suite for a good price, go for it.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Fargo_CountryInn, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fargo, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Thank you for your comments! I am happy that you enjoyed the grab and go breakfast and were able to utilize the shuttle to the marathon! I really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and I hope we see you again next year for the Fargo Marathon!