“Great stay from start to finish!”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Fargo West Acres
Ranked #24 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Had never stayed here before and was with a group of seven. The stay was great from start to finish. The rooms were comfortable and clean. Service from staff was excellent and the location was great. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013
AIFRGO, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Fargo West Acres, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Dear Ashley A,

Thank you for your kind comments on Trip Advisor as well as staying with us while in Fargo. I am always happy to hear that our guests enjoyed their time here and that my staff helped with that. I hope that you keep in mind for all your future travels as we look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

There are newer reviews for AmericInn Lodge & Suites Fargo West Acres

Reviewed July 13, 2013

We stayed at this location with our 2 year old and 6 month old. I had reserved a pack and play for our stay, but it wasn't ready when we got to our room. Later in the evening when we returned to our room, it still wasn't' there, so I called the front desk to ask about it. They responded promptly by bringing one to our room which was great. However, when I started setting it up, I smelled something bad and realized that the bed frame and mattress had been soaked in urine from a previous guest and never cleaned. I brought the crib to the front desk and told them about what happened. They apologized, but said they didn't have anything else for us that night. I told them I was concerned that if they didn't clean a bed for a baby, could I trust that they cleaned our room? They said yes we could and said they would give us a $20 discount for the night. We did get a different pack and play the next day which was good. Other things we didn't like was that the carpet felt sticky - we figured this was because we had one of the "pet rooms" and thus it needed special cleaner? Also, the breakfast provided was mediocre at best with the same items served daily of mostly carbohydrates with no proteins and little fruit. The pool was great and we had a lot of fun in it with our kids. The room we had was very comfortable as well. The staff did a good job. Overall, this stay was okay, but obviously had room for improvement. Hope the management do something about that.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
AIFRGO, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Fargo West Acres, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear epi007,

Thank you for choosing the AmericInn of Fargo for your lodging and hospitality needs. I see from your review that while you were here you came across some areas that were not to your complete satisfaction and for that I apologize. I want to let you know that I did bring the matter of the pack and play and room condition to my housekeeping manager as that is completely unacceptable by our standard and corrected it right away. As for our breakfast, we are currently in the process of bringing our guests more options that give them healthier choices and not just carbohydrates.

I want to thank you again for taking the time out of your schedule to tell us about your stay as well as bringing these matters to our attention. I hope that you continue to keep us in mind for all of your future lodging and travel needs as we would love to have you back in the near future.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

The wife and I have stayed at other AmericInn's and find consistent quality. Rooms are clean and well carded for the breakfast is especially filling with items frequently refreshed. If staying in Fargo, give AmericInn a try.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear daytraveler,

Thank you for staying with us during your trip to Fargo. I want to thank you for the kind comments that you posted on Trip Advisor. We work hard to make sure that all our guests enjoy their time with us and it is always appreciated to hear that their needs and expectations are being met.

Again, thank you for your kind words and we look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Needed to stay in Fargo while my dad had surgery at Essentia Health. My parents and I each got a room. They had a really helpful medical discount which made things easier. I found the staff to be incredibly helpful and kind. Especially Kelly - we arrived, and she was in the middle of multiple phone calls and getting us checked in. All handled efficiently, and she was so helpful and kind. She was able to get us a map of Fargo and find a few restaurants.

I had a queen room with 2 beds. The room had a bit of a musty odor, but not offensive, and the air conditioning was powerful and appreciated on hot, humid days. Did not mind the sound of it. The room was spotlessly clean, and in good repair. Bed comfortable, pillows OK. I am sensitive to smell,and there was no strong odor of cleaners. The best part? The rooms were really quiet. I could not hear any sound coming from adjacent rooms. Not even water or showers running.

There was a good assortment of items for breakfast. Cottage cheese, yogurt, fruit, cereals, eggs, sausage, and a do it yourself waffle maker. The staff kept up well with replenishing the items and keeping the area tidy. There was a very large TV on the wall in the dining area, but it was never very loud.

The staff seemed really happy! From the front desk staff, to the cleaning people, we were always met with a smile. And Jason, the front desk manager, was so patient and helpful with providing directions.

Helpful hints: if anyone needs medical care that's not an emergency, there is a clinic in the West Acres Mall, on the south end by Sears. Had to take mom there, and the staff saw her quickly. They even have an attached pharmacy to make things easier.

Restaurants nearby that were good: Lucy's North Chinese restaurant on 32nd avenue (across for Essentia Health) was great (separate review), and the Long Horn Steak house on 13th street.

Overally, a nice stay, friendly and helpful staff, spotless rooms.

Room Tip: We stayed in rooms 103 and 105; close to the ice machine and laundry room. But the rooms were very q...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
AIFRGO, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Fargo West Acres, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Dear SBSCalifornia,

Thank you for choosing the AmericInn Lodge & Suites of Fargo for your lodging needs during your fathers surgery. Hopefully everything went ok and he is doing well. I was glad to hear that my staff did such a great job answering questions and providing you with great service. I will be sure to pass this information on to them so they know that the work they do is appreciated.

I want to also say that I was glad to hear that you enjoyed the rooms and that they were up to your standards. Our housekeepers work extra hard to make sure that all of our guest’s rooms are clean and comfortable.

I want to again thank you for your time in telling us about your stay with us on trip advisor. We find that this is one of the best forms of training and is always welcomed and appreciated. I hope that you keep us in mind for all of your future lodging and travel needs as we look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Our room was better than expected for the price we paid. The bed was very comfortable and the pillows were almost comfortable, close enough to comfort to allow sleep. The only negative was the uneven temperature provided by the heating/cooling system in the room. The air conditioning unit was less noisy than most - but the temperature varied enough to wake me multiple times during the night. (I'm pretty sensitive to noise and temperature changes.) That being said, we stayed three nights and I slept much better than I usually do in hotels. Our room was quiet even though it was located near the pool and the stairwell, and the hotel was very busy on the weekend of our stay. This hotel was a great value and (mostly) a comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
AIFRGO, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Fargo West Acres, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Dear Beth H,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I want to thank you for taking time out of your schedule to put them on Trip Advisor. I know that some of our heating/cooling units are in need of being replaced and we are working to get that completed by the end of this year. I apologize for any inconvenience that they did bring you as we want all of our guests to have a nice rest while staying with us. I did enjoy hearing about the comfort of the bed as well as the room being as quiet as it was, especially being so close to the lobby during a busy week.

I hope that you continue to keep us in mind for all of your future lodging and travel needs as we would like to have you stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

First time in Fargo visiting family. Stayed 4 nights at the Americinn Lodge. Not exactly a lodge per se but so be it. Room was nice sized and comfy. We made good use of the indoor pool and game area during our stay. Pool is small but a nice distraction for the kids. One times it seemed like either another guest or an employee was having a pool party and the area was full of kids, adults and pizza but I'm not entirely sure of that. Other times it was nice a quiet-ish and my kids and I were able to have a great time. Housekeeping staff was super friendly. Front desk folks not as friendly. Breakfast was adequate. Overall it was in a great location and worked just fine for our stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear onefinwonder,

Thank you for choosing the AmericInn Lodge & Suites of Fargo for your first time in Fargo. I was glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed their time with us. I know that our pool is not as large as some other hotels and it can at times become a bit crowded. Also I know that we do rent it out for pool and birthday parties and can also cause quite a bit of traffic.

I was really happy to hear about the service that the housekeeping staff provided and I will be talking with the front desk manager to make sure that they provide the same friendly service.
Again I want to thank you for your time in telling us about your stay with us and I hope that you keep us in mind for your next trip to Fargo. We would love to have you back and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Great room at a great price. Friendly, helpful staff. I would definitely stay here again and recommend to others. We had a second floor (no elevators) king room that was spacious and comfy. Very clean room and property.
Road construction made getting there a bit more complicated than it probably usually is, but we found it!

Room Tip: Ask for first floor if you don't want to carry your luggage up the stairs.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear cossondra,

Thank you for choosing the AmericInn Lodge & Suites of Fargo for your hotel needs. I know that summertime is usually construction season and I was glad to hear that you were able to find our property. Thank you for the kind words that you had to say about our rooms as well as my staff. It is always appreciated to hear comments like those.

I do apologize for the incovnenice of not having an elevator had for you and want to thank you again for staying with us and hope that you continue to keep us in mind for all of your future travel needs as we look forward to having you stay with us again soon.