“The best AmericInn”

Ranked #22 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Winnipeg
“The best AmericInn”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stayed again at the Inn on March 24th and 27th and had a great experience.
This is our favourite place to stay in all our travels in the USA with it always being very clean, and comfortable beds. The rooms have been recently renovated with everything we need for our stay
The breakfast has always enough to get us going for the day. The staff are always very couteous and eager to assist us.
Keep up the great work!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
AIFRGO, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Fargo West Acres, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear WinnipegBeachwalker,

I want to first say thank you for your kind words that you put on Trip Advisor. Secondly, it is reviews like this that make all of us here take pride in our work. We work hard to make sure that you, our guest, have an excellent stay with always. You have made me proud of my staff and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Check in was fast and friendly. Our 2 queen room was clean, and it was nice to have the fridge and microwave. There were many options for breakfast which is great for "breakfast people".
However, pillows were like rocks and we woke up to a dog barking at 7:30AM which contined for about an hour. Also not a big fan of the sink outside of the washroom. Pool was average, and my husband did enjoy the sauna which not many hotels offer.
Overall, a decent place to stay but definitely needs better pillows!

• Stayed April 2013
AIFRGO, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Fargo West Acres, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear MBWinterBlues

Thank you for posting your comments of your recent stay with us. I was glad to hear that the room and breakfast were up to your standards. We always want to have our guests have a good night sleep and since we are a pet friendly hotel there are times when the animals get a little loud and prevent that from happening. I want to apologize for that and also that whenever a problem like that occurs I encourage all guests to inform the desk staff to help control any problem. I hope that you continue to keep us in mind for all of your future hotel needs as we look forward to having you stay with us again soon
Minot, North Dakota
Reviewed April 12, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Fargo AmericInn recently in a King Executive room.

Pros: The hotel was clean and inviting and close to the mall.
The staff was polite and competent.
The bed was comfortable.
A quiet night with no noise between rooms or floors.
The breakfast was a standard breakfast that we've become accustomed to (Waffles, cereal, eggs, etc)

Cons: The room smelled stale, not a bad smell, just a stale one.
The comforter was ripped along one of the main seams.

Overall we had a good experience here and took advantage of a "Date Night" package on their website that allowed 4 movie tickets and $6 in concessions for basically the same price of the room.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Wobo Family,

Thank you for your kind words in regarding your stay with us. I was really glad to see that you broke your trip down to the pros and cons. This to me makes it easier to accommodate to all of our guests needs and to make sure that all of our future guests have stays like yours. I did bring this matter up to our housekeeping department and we now are making sure that any room that has not been rented for a couple of days sprayed to give it back that fresh smell. I want to thank you for your input and I hope that you continue to keep us in mind for all of your future travel needs as we look forward to having you stay with us again soon.
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Every time we stay here we are glad we did. Highly recommend it to anyone looking for a place to stay in Fargo. Excellent location close to West Acres and I29, awesome free breakfast and the bed was very comfortable. The pool and hot tub were clean and the staff very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
AIFRGO, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Fargo West Acres, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear Allan Janis,

Thank you for choosing the AmericInn Lodge & Suites of Fargo for your lodging and travel needs. I want to also say thank you for taking time out of your day to tell us about your stay by submitting a survey on Trip Advisor. This is a wonderful training tool that we use to continually improve our hotel and services that we offer. I hope that you continue to keep us in mind for all of your future hotel needs as we look forward to having you stay with us again soon.
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 1 night enroute to San Diego. Upon entering the hotel I smelled a very strange smell of smoke but it went away quickly.Upon a long check-in experience the desk clerk seemed a bit down-and-out or otherwise seemed like they didn't like their job and their attitude wasn't up to par. We were also told during check-in that we had a room with 2 queen sized bed's. The room was very small and we actually were given 2 double bed's. Overall the room was clean and comfortable, the breakfast was simple and fresh just not enough seating considering it was a Monday morning? The lobby was nice but the pool is a whole different story. The pool may look nice on the web, but don't book this place because of that photo. The pool itself was fine but the swim-ladders' steps were too far apart and the hot tub, GROSS. Along with the hair in the water was dead skin roaming the watersurface. Oh and when we were walking out at the end of our stay we saw the chamber-maids eating snacks from a room they were cleaning. And to top this review off, the price seemed a bit high.

Room Tip: It is a long hotel so rooms closer to the front are a shorter walk from the lobby.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Tyler,

Thank you for your review on trip advisor during your stay with us. I would like to first off apologize for my delay in getting back to you. I also want to apologize for the experience that you did have while here. I have addressed the issue with staff eating in their rooms as that is not acceptable behavior for any of my staff. We did also look into the pool situation and took all necessary action to correct this problem. I would love to have you back as a guest and would like to get in contact with you again to see what I can do to help make that happen. Please email some form of contact information just so we can make this right, fargo.nd@americinn.com. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We came back to Fargo from STL and were visiting family for the weekend and my 14 yr old daughter with Down Syndrome loves to swim. I called and got a room for a night and told my family we were there. Lo and behold a party by the pool sprang up and while im sure the management was less than thrilled, they were very accomodating. We had pizza delivered and they let us use a hospitality room that opens to the pool for our pizza (no food by pool). I was sort of waiting for you to shut us down but you didnt and I thank you for that. My daughter Mimi had a lot of fun in the pool with her cousins that we rarely see. It was a great memory. Thanks again.

• Stayed March 2013
AIFRGO, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Fargo West Acres, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am extremely happy to hear that you were able to enjoy our facilities with your family to make all those memories happen. That is what we like to have happen here. Our staff knows the importance of family, and tries to do everything they can to make each visit with us special. I want to thank you for sharing this moment with us on Trip Advisor and hope that you keep us in mind for all of your future hotel needs as we look forward to having you come back.
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We visited with another couple (two rooms) for one night on a shopping trip. We were extremely happy with our room (King executive) in terms of cleanliness, comfortable bed, sound level, and amenities. The other couple was solely unhappy with the mattress cover which left a ridge down the middle of the bed. The breakfast choices were certainly adequate. The only issues/concerns we had were that the end door to the building was always unlocked, even late at night, and that the heat control wasn't working in our room, although room temperature was good. They may have this on automatic control rather than allowing individual control. Location is excellent if you have a car but its a bit of a walk and across the freeway to the mall if you don't. We'd certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room closer to the lobby to be nearer to hotel ameneties and further from the freeway.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Gerald,

Thank you for telling us about your stay. I am glad to hear that your room was up to your satisfaction. I do however want to aplogize for the other group that was in your party who had some different opinions regarding the sleeping conditions. I wanted to let you that I did have maintenance look at the heating unit that was in your room and we did find a small issue that was resolved. I want to thank you for bringing that matter to our attention and hope that you continue to keep us in mind for all your traveling needs.