“Great stay!”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Fargo West Acres
Ranked #23 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel two times in the past couple of months. It is clean and the employees are very friendly and helpful. It has a great location close to the mall. Hot tub was wonderful. Breakfast had plenty of choices and the area was clean and breakfast items were restocked as needed. The hallways were a bit noisy early in the am and the tub didn't drain the shower water very well. But I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
AIFRGO, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Fargo West Acres, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at the AmericInn of Fargo, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay here. I do apologize for the inconveinence with your tub drain. Hope that you will continue to stay with us in the future.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Whenever we are in the Fargo/Moorhead area, this is the hotel of our choice. It's quiet, clean, comfortable, roomy, close to everything and the pool area is spacious and not over crowded. Our picky children can always find something they enjoy at breakfast. It would be nice if the hotel had an elevator since we stayed on the 2nd floor and we always seem to bring too much stuff for a simple weekend stay, but we managed and we'll be back again for sure.

Room Tip: The family suite is wonderful. It works great for a medium size family who like their space.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
AIFRGO, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Fargo West Acres, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for continuing to stay with us here at the AmericInn of Fargo. We are glad to hear that you and your family enjoy all the ammenities we have to offer, I am sorry we don't have an elevator, but let us know ahead of time with your reservation and we will make sure to get you on the first floor.

Thanks again.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Location is great , close to mall, behind "the Grand Inn" which i shutter to admit i stayed their once....loved that the pool and hot tub is closed to kids after 10pm all hotel should have this and it allows adults only till 11 pm (huge bonus) rooms are clean and beds comfy. I was impressed with the breaky, especially when i found out they had sausage and eggs , just wish "Americans could learn to make good strong coffee and hey this is a common complaint of most Canadians just ask any Canadian and they will all say "your coffee is weak" but liked this hotel very much and have tried several in Fargo and plan to return in November for another wknd of shopping.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
AIFRGO, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Fargo West Acres, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here and plan on coming back. Thanks for the suggestion about the coffee as well, not sure if we can make it stronger. Again thanks for your comments and look forward to you coming back again.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

The rooms are very clean and up to date. The beds are comfy! Sleeping at night it was a bit noisy, because you are practically right next to the freeway. The breakfast was ok not a ton of variety but there was something to eat. The pool area is nice and has other games such as pool! Very close to shopping, restaurants and the scheels arena which I was going to! Overall, I would stay here again as the price we great what what you get!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Kagtravel
AIFRGO, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Fargo West Acres, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the AmericInn of Fargo. I am glad that you enjoyed the ammenities that we offer here at the AmericInn. I am sorry that you didn't get a quiet night sleep during your stay. I'm not sure exactly why you would hear the highway noise if the windows were closed, but hopefully you will continue to come back again in the future.

Thanks again!

Reviewed September 6, 2012

a little hard to locate at first, but fair location close to the West A mall. Breakfast has a make your own waffles station, eggs, ham or sausages, loads of bread choices, fruit, cereal, and lots of drinks to choose from. Seating area is small. not bad though. Room was clean, had a safe,good TV and comfortable beds. Friendly staff, easy parking. You get what you pay for.

Room Tip: If you get the stay and shop package, you also get a $20 gift coupon per night I heard.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
AIFRGO, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Fargo West Acres, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor about your recent stay with us. We are glad that you enjoyed all the ammenities we have to offer. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Maybe the best one we stayed in during our trip. We liked that the pool was indoors, and that it was open late. The breakfast was a great selection, and the bed was super comfortable. The bathroom was slightly smaller than we'd experienced, but the room size made up for that.

We had a problem with our check-in. They'd assigned us to one room, but when we went to use our key, it didn't work. We heard voices inside the room, double-checked the number and then went back to the front desk. They had accidentally let someone else into the room before us, but had recorded them as staying in the room next door! The front desk was apologetic and fixed us up with another room right away.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us, I do want to apologize for the inconveinences you experienced with the room assignments. I am glad that we were able to fix the problem for you immediately. Again thank you for your understanding and we hope you will continue to come back in the future.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

I chose this hotel because it was recommended by a staff member at the college my daughter is attending. This is our first night and I have to say I am rather disappointed.

The hotel is located on a street full of hotels, the first being a seedy motel. Not encouraging. However, there was a nice-looking Days Inn and Fairfield Inn & Suites next door to AmericInn, so we felt a little better about the location. Upon entering it was clear this place hasn't been updated since the 80's. The carpet shows horrible wear and our room smells very musty. Overall the whole place doesn't have a clean "feel" to it. Needless to say I won't be walking around bearfoot in our room as is my custom. I also had occasion to use the laundry facility since we packed very lightly so as to leave most of the car's space to my daughter's things for college. The age of the machines added to my thought that the place had not been updated in a few decades. Be warned: it's a $1 for laundry detergent and another to wash your clothes; $0.50 to dry.

However, I do have to say that the gentleman at the front desk is very courteous and helpful. Although musty, the room has everything required (and promised) and I do appreciate when I see the sink area of the bathroom separated from the toilet/bath area. This makes getting ready in the morning less of a waiting game.

Overall, you get what you pay for. This was just about the cheapest place along the trip. Oh, and no elevator...

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

I want to thank you for staying with us here at the AmericInn of Fargo. I do apologize that our hotel was not what you expected for your stay here. We have done some remodeling over that past few years, but there are a few areas left in the hotel that we still need to address. Again thank you for letting us know about your stay here and we will address some of those areas with our future renovations. If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to contact me (Jay) at the hotel 701-234-9946.

Thanks again.