“Good Hotel!”

Ranked #24 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Canada
“Good Hotel!”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Maybe the best one we stayed in during our trip. We liked that the pool was indoors, and that it was open late. The breakfast was a great selection, and the bed was super comfortable. The bathroom was slightly smaller than we'd experienced, but the room size made up for that.

We had a problem with our check-in. They'd assigned us to one room, but when we went to use our key, it didn't work. We heard voices inside the room, double-checked the number and then went back to the front desk. They had accidentally let someone else into the room before us, but had recorded them as staying in the room next door! The front desk was apologetic and fixed us up with another room right away.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
AIFRGO, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Fargo West Acres, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us, I do want to apologize for the inconveinences you experienced with the room assignments. I am glad that we were able to fix the problem for you immediately. Again thank you for your understanding and we hope you will continue to come back in the future.

Thanks.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Manteca, California
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I chose this hotel because it was recommended by a staff member at the college my daughter is attending. This is our first night and I have to say I am rather disappointed.

The hotel is located on a street full of hotels, the first being a seedy motel. Not encouraging. However, there was a nice-looking Days Inn and Fairfield Inn & Suites next door to AmericInn, so we felt a little better about the location. Upon entering it was clear this place hasn't been updated since the 80's. The carpet shows horrible wear and our room smells very musty. Overall the whole place doesn't have a clean "feel" to it. Needless to say I won't be walking around bearfoot in our room as is my custom. I also had occasion to use the laundry facility since we packed very lightly so as to leave most of the car's space to my daughter's things for college. The age of the machines added to my thought that the place had not been updated in a few decades. Be warned: it's a $1 for laundry detergent and another to wash your clothes; $0.50 to dry.

However, I do have to say that the gentleman at the front desk is very courteous and helpful. Although musty, the room has everything required (and promised) and I do appreciate when I see the sink area of the bathroom separated from the toilet/bath area. This makes getting ready in the morning less of a waiting game.

Overall, you get what you pay for. This was just about the cheapest place along the trip. Oh, and no elevator...

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I want to thank you for staying with us here at the AmericInn of Fargo. I do apologize that our hotel was not what you expected for your stay here. We have done some remodeling over that past few years, but there are a few areas left in the hotel that we still need to address. Again thank you for letting us know about your stay here and we will address some of those areas with our future renovations. If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to contact me (Jay) at the hotel 701-234-9946.

Thanks again.
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I stayed here 2 nights with my family on August 20 and 21. The check in was good and the staff was very friendly. They had 2 rooms for me side by side for our other relatives that were going to be there as well. The room were very nice and clean and all the equipment worked. The pool and hot tub were a great way to relax after a long day of shopping. The breakfast was very good and had lots of options to choose from. I would recommend this hotel as it has everthing a person could want for a stay away from home.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor of your previous stay here. I am glad that we could accommodate your needs during your stay here.

Thanks again!
East Grand Forks, Minnesota
Reviewed August 23, 2012

The package I booked was awesome! I received a $20 gift card for each night I stayed which allowed a little more shopping. But the best part was getting to the room and seeing how clean it was and all the amenities. The beds were comfortable and the nights were quiet. I've stayed places where you hear your neighbor talking or the tv late at night, so was nice to have good night sleep.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us here at the AmericInn of Fargo, and for choosing one of our packages available online. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope you will come back again soon.

cleveland WI
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We drove over 500 miles from home on our way out West that 1st night & it was wonderful to have the AmericInn waiting for us in Fargo! Clean quiet room, cozy beds, great pool, even a lobby where I could read b4 bed & not disturb my husband. I fell asleep there & then went up to our nice room & had an exccellent rest!
Breakfast in the morning was great, coffee hot & strong, took some in our mugs as we set out for Montana by that night. Thanks to the Fargo AmericInn, we got a great rest, a good start the next day & made it to MT that next evening. An excellent place to stay! Reasonalbe rates, quiet area, yet close to the interstate & good restaurants. You can't go wrong!

Room Tip: I think the 2nd floor, away from the pool area, would suit couples w/o children who want a quiet spo...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
AIFRGO, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Fargo West Acres, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your travels through North Dakota. We are glad to hear you had an enjoyable and restful stay with us. Thanks again for the review on Trip Advisor and if you travel through again we hope you will come back.

Jay
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Arrival 08/02/12 Departure 08/04/12

My family and i just spent two nights at the AmericInn Suites in Fargo.

We had a family suite which had two double beds and another room with a couch and a large screen tv. The rooms were separated by a glass door which offered no privacy. Was a little confused about the configuration. I have 2 girls 17 and 21. They slept in one bed and my wife slept in the other. Of course dad got the couch and so i pulled it out. Took me an hour to get out of bed i was so stiff and sore.

There was no operational bathroom exhaust fan. I agree with Koz2662 regarding the doors not closing properly. Requires attention due to security concerns.

It had a large refrigerator, large flat screen TV, safe and all the other usual amenities.

Enjoyed the breakfast in the lobby. It included eggs, sausages, waffles, pastries, fresh fruit, juice, yogurt, coffee and more. The hotel also featured a nice recreation area with a swimming pool, hot tub, pool table and game machines.

The staff were very friendly but seemed to spend more time on their cell phones around the corner away from the desk. Only responded when someone came to the desk.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
AIFRGO, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Fargo West Acres, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and writing a review on Trip Advisor about your recent stay. I do want to apologize for some of the issues you encountered during your stay here. I will have our maintenance take a look at the door and why it doesn't shut/lock properly, that is a security concern that we will take care of immediately. Also we will look at the exhaust fan in that room and see why it isn't working properly. Again thank you for your feedback and we will take care of these maintenance issues right away.

Thanks again.

Jay
Winnipeg
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Stayed at the AmericInn in Fargo for a weekend to do some shopping. It was a great stay for two people. Did not spend too much time in the room, but were quite comfortable when we were there. Pool and hot tub were a plus. Continental breakfast was very nice if you need a quick bite before hitting the mall, and stores.

If you're looking to stay at a place that's clean, comfortable, and has just enough to get you through a weekend then this is a great place to stay. If you plan on spending a whole lot of time in a hotel, you might want to try something different.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us here in Fargo. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you will continue to come back again in the future.

Thanks!