“New hotel, very good for business travel”

Hampton Inn & Suites Fargo
Ranked #11 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
New York City, New York
“New hotel, very good for business travel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

This is a very new building, and it shows in the freshness of all the surfaces and finishes. It's nice to stay in a room that feels fresh.
It's good for business travel, including a large desk/work surface in the middle of the room. I don't think all the rooms have this configuration, so ask if it's important to you. The room felt like a junior suite, bed on one side, and sofa and sitting area on the other. The work surface is equipped with wired Internet, which I had hoped would be faster than the slow WiFi available. It was not. Not a deal breaker, just frustrating to have a slowish connection when needed for business.
The AC/heat control was, contrary to other reviews, completely easy to use. I found that the temperature was maintained nicely. Perhaps some of the bugs noted in earlier reviews have been worked out.
The room has a microwave, small refrigerator, and sink in a separate area. I didn't use it, but if I was a long term resident, it would be very handy. There are no utensils or cooking/eating supplies in the room however.
The linens were soft and very clean. I like that fact they make a point of washing the duvet coverlet after each guest.
All in all, a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Joe V, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fargo, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear ManhattanTripper,

Thank you very much for the great review of our hotel. We are actually in the process of upgrading our internet speed as we know this is very important to our guests. I am very glad you enjoyed your stay here at the Hampton and we look forward to your return!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

This is a newer hampton that is close to the highway so it makes it extremely handy for traveling. The room was very clean, including a fresh duvet cover for every new guest. The only negative being the thermostat was very hard to control making sleeping a bit of a challenge. They had washed the carpets but did not tell us so the carpet was still wet, which added to the humidity that we could not get rid of because of the air conditioner/ heater. Great location for traveling.

Room Tip: Some rooms have decks which in good weather would be nice.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Joe V, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fargo, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear sam49Wisconsin,

Thank you for staying here at the Hampton. I would like to apologize for the carpets still being damp upon your check in. We try to keep our hotel very clean and sometimes things just do not get done in time. I do hope next time you are traveling this way that you choose to stay here again, because we would love to have you.
Belle Plaine, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

We booked a wedding block for our son's wedding at this motel as there were a lot of family & friends that needed accommodations. The staff were delightful to work with prior to our arrival and all during our stay. The rooms are very comfortable and the breakfast was delicious with a great variety of items.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Joe V, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fargo, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Sommer K,

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn for son's wedding. I hope everything for the wedding went off without a hitch! I am very glad you enjoyed our hotel rooms and the complimentary breakfast. We hope to see you and your family again.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

Even tho we had air conditioner problems, the room was fine. We woke before 5:30 a.m. and our room was 82 degrees. We had the air conditioner on when we went to bed and woke up sweating with the heat on. I called the front desk and he told us what to do on the thermostat. This didn't work so I called him back. He was very apologetic and turned the heat off n our room by throwing a breaker downstairs. As soon as we showered & ate the free breakfast we went to check out to continue our vacation. Again apologizing many times the front desk guy was more than happy to give me a receipt with all charges on the house. I told him that it wasn't his fault that the AC had messed up. I didn't catch his name however he was very kind. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Cocacolanana,

I can not thank you enough for staying here at the Hampton and I do apologize for the air conditioner problems you had. I am very happy that our front desk agent tried to make this right with you. I am glad you enjoyed our breakfast and we look forward to having you stay here again.
Phoenix, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

The patio wasn't clean at all. Empty Coffee cups and cigarette butts littered the ground. Needs to be cleaned up and then powered washed. Cleaning staff, assembles outside the exterior wall of this room, which is problematic if you desire to sleep in after a long day of work.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Nicholas C

Thank you for bringing this to my attention I will be sure to get this cleaned up ASAP! I do apologize for the inconvenience you had witht the dirty patio. I also will address the housekeeping staff not to assemble right outside guest rooms. Thank you staying here at the Hampton Inn and we do hope to see you again in the future.
Gurnee, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

My family and I (2 adults and 3 kids - 13, 10 and 7) stayed here while driving out to Glacier National Park from the Chicago area. The hotel was clean and well kept. The staff was friendly and helpful. The fitness center had enough for us to do our normal workout routines, and the pool was great for our youngest, but our older boys didn't care for it. Overall, a great hotel and what I have come to expect from Hampton Inn.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Joe V, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fargo, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear FamilyGuy 60031,

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites for your stay here in Fargo. I am very happy you and your family enjoyed our pool and fitness center. We hope to see you again when you travel through Fargo. Hope your trip to Glacier National Park was great!
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

Stayed 2 nights last week. Fargo was full, so we ended up here. Standard Hampton room, bu the thermostat is by the door, so the AC droned on too long and froze you out and then stayed off too long and you got hot. Most Hampton's have the Thermostat near the bed.

The ventilation in the lobby was nasty some times, smelled like mold in the ductwork, kinda like sewer gas.

There are better places to stay in Fargo. I'd go back if I had to, but it'd not be my first choice.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Joe V, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fargo, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Astrobuf,

Thank you for your review of our hotel, our aplogies for the HVAC system and the placement. As for the smell you encountered we had a drain issue that day in our kitchen which was resolved, but the smell did linger in the lobby area and has since disappeared. I am very thankful you chose to stay here for your trip and i do sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
We hope to see you again in the future.