“Given room me was already occupied.”

Hampton Inn & Suites Fargo
Ranked #15 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Alexandria, Minnesota
“Given room me was already occupied.”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

After finding someone already in the room I was given I hauled my stuff back to front desk. The clerk wasn't at the front desk when I arrived and actually wasn't ever there that evening. I'd stand at the desk and he'd finally come out from the back. At one point I asked him if he was having dinner and he said no. Don't know what he was doing. There was a staff member (my thought was a manager) who was getting ready to leave and heard me saying someone was already in the room I was given. The clerk and this staff person were more interested in greating each other and saying have a nice evening. If this was a manager I would have not left and not seem so indifferent to me and my situation. The new room I was given was clean and very nice. The staff didn't great me until I greated them. The guy at the desk when I checked out didn't look like any hotel clerk I have ever seen before. He was quiet but pleasant.
i will look for a different hotel the next time I am in Fargo.

Room Tip: If you are paying full price like I did try to get it reduced. The full price isn't worth it.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Jana L, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fargo, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
We are so sorry that we made a mistake in your room assignment. That should not happen to anyone, and we sincerely apologize that this was your experience with us. We are committed to providing the best hospitality and guest service to everyone who stays with us. Your discounted room rate was refunded in full before you checked out of the hotel, and we have apologized and do apologize again that this was not the outstanding guest service experience that we deliver every day. I sincerely hope that you will come back to be our guest to enjoy the hospitality and the warm welcome of the Hampton Inn & Suites of Fargo.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Manchester, Connecticut
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We had a decent experience here. The check in process was pretty slow. When we got to the room, it was super cold. You had to put your key card in the entry way for the room heater to come on. I think that is a great idea, to save energy on slow days, but the hotel was sold out. Or when the heat is not on in the room, have it stay at a warmer temp than what it was on. Brrrr.

The hotel was nice and new, but it still had a cheap feel about it. This is a nice hotel now because of the newness, but in a few years, this hotel is going to be beat up. But for now, it is nice.

The beds were nice and comfy though. And it was quiet. Breakfast pretty typical. Rooms were on the small side.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Jana L, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fargo, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you so much for being our guest. Did you know that Hampton's give Haribou Gummy Bears to their Gold and Diamond members at check in? We are always looking for ways to create the best stay possible for every guest every time, and greatly appreciate your comments. We hope you will choose the Hampton Inn & Suites of Fargo for your next stay in the area.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We had a family reunion- we had 12 people- from all corners of the country, and all were comfortable and pleased with our accommodations. The dining area and lobby were great for just visiting and we all enjoyed the complimentary 24/7 coffee/tea bar. The staff were helpful in every way - and the hotel is situated very conveniently for any Fargo spots.

Room Tip: as in all busy Hotels- any room next to the elevators is going to be noisier- also next to the pool...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Jana L, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fargo, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you so much for your many wonderful compliments. From our IPad bar to comfy furniture, and fresh coffee, we love to have our guest use the spacious lobby area to relax, reconnect, and most of all, enjoy their stay at the Hampton Inn & suites of Fargo. We so appreciate that you chose us for your reunion.
Indian Hills, Colorado
Reviewed February 24, 2013

The staff is always friendly and the rooms are consistently clean.
The quality of the breakfast and lady who takes care of it are both excellent.
I stay here every time I'm in Fargo, which is about 4 - 5 times per year

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Jana L, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fargo, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you so much for your review ~our breakfast staff feels that you are in our home, and we are going to start your day with hot coffee and a good meal, just like you would in your home. And a smile~a great big smile. We love having our guests enjoy their stay! We sincerely thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites of Fargo.
Jamestown, North Dakota
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here one night and loved it! The hotel is very nice and clean. We stayed in a king suite and it was great. We wanted a 2 room suite but since they don't have those here this was a great substitute! The room was spacious and the tv swung out from the wall to either watch in the bedroom area or the sitting room area. The room, bathroom and wet bar areas were very clean - cleaner than most hotels I've stayed at! The bed was comfy and they also had complimentary teas and coffee in the lobby (also a coffee maker in our room). The staff seemed to care about how our stay was going and gave us complimentary toothpaste and anything else we forgot. The pool was perfect for kids and our daughter loved it. We paid $209 for the suite, which is pretty steep, but had a great experience nonetheless.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We love our spacious rooms, and work very hard to ensure that they are clean and comfortable every day, for every guest. Please come and stay with us again at the Hampton Inn & Suites of Fargo !
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

This was our first trip to Fargo in many years. Had a hard time to find the hotel as it is tucked off the strip. When we did the front staff were very friendly and said our room would be ready before check in time and it was. We had a King room and it is very spacious, with a wet bar and rotating tv to either living area or watch in bed which was nice. Big area where the sink is separate from the shower. Lots of space to put your cloths.
The breakfast could be a lot better given the price you pay to stay here.
The hot tub was great on Friday but when we returned on Saturday, it was so hot you could not enjoy it. That's one of the reasons when we chose a place to stay is that you can enjoy the hot tub. I told the front desk and it was looked at right away and noticed later that they had to close it.
The tv didn't have a weather channel to check on conditions, glad we had a iPad to check, as a blizzard was coming in, so we left that morning.
The front staff on all shifts were very friendly and helpful. That is a plus as well when we look into hotels to stay at. We would stay here again in the future.

Stayed February 2013
Thank you for your wonderful compliments about our staff. Your concerns are our concerns, and we work very hard to respond to any and all suggestions and comments that can make our guests stay more enjoyable. We really look forward to having you as our guest again at the Hampton Inn & Suites of Fargo.
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed February 5, 2013

New Hampton Inn. I stayed in King Suite room which was clean and quiet. Everything worked well and was in excellent shape. The staff was effecient and friendly. My only complaint is the evening snack and some breakfast items. The evening snacks were over-processed, microwaved items that were not good. Breakfast had the standard Hampton items but generally the hot items were over-cooked.
Despite these concerns, I would stay at the hotel again. I don't stay just for the food, but if you are going to offer food have more fresh food options.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank BluDragonFlyer
Jana L, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fargo, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay. We are always looking for ways and asking for suggestions on how to make each guests' stay more enjoyable, convenient and comfortable. I very much appreciate your "fresh" perspective, and hope you enjoy the changes we are making for our guests the next time you stay with us.