“Great Hotel. Great People.”

Hampton Inn & Suites Fargo
Ranked #12 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Although in the past when visiting Fargo/Moorhead I've stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn, this time I stayed at the new Hampton on the west end of Fargo on the south side of the interstate. I am glad I did. Whether you are a business traveler or looking to put your family up for a night or two, this is a great lodging option.

The hotel is just off a major interchange and located in a new area of offices and apartments. Finding the hotel was easy and there is plenty of free parking. This Hampton is new, and is closer to an HGI than one of the old-style Hamptons. I was greeted by a very pleasant person and my check-in could not have taken more than a minute or so. Adjacent to the front desk was a well-stocked pantry (you cannot buy beer or wine...you have to go to a liquor store). The hotel has a nice indoor pool and small fitness center just down the hall from the lobby.

I had a studio king room, sort of an over-size room with a large work area in the middle and a sofa at one end. The room was spotless, from the bath to the carpeting to the duvet and bedding. The room was well-equipped with a mini-fridge, microwave, and coffee pot (my only gripe is that they don't have real half-and-half in the room, just that powdered stuff).

The wireless Internet was fast enough for my needs. In the lobby breakfast area the hotel has a couple of iPads set up for guest use, apparently in lieu of a desktop PC (I couldn't find a business center, or a PC or printer).

I had a quiet and comfortable night's sleep and although I did not have breakfast at the hotel, be aware that this Hampton offers a very nice (and free) breakfast buffet with a few hot items and what I'd call a deluxe continental breakfast selection. And really, really good coffee.

On any basis you care to rate this property - whether location, facilities, upkeep, or value - this Hampton property was first rate in all regards. And the staff were particularly friendly and helpful. I am a picky, long-time Hilton Diamond HHonors member, and I can honestly say that this is one of the better/best Hilton-branded properties I've stayed at. I highly recommend it to you!

Room Tip: Pay a little more for a king-studio. Ask for a room at the end of the hallway away from the pool an...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Flying_Lawyer
char540, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2012

Thank you so much for choosing to stay at our property when you were in Fargo. We strive to make every stay a great one.

We are so sorry you did not find the business center. It is across the hall from the fitness center and we can show the area the next time you stay with us.

Thanks again for staying at our property and we look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed July 24, 2012

Very nice and refreshing hotel. Hotel staff are great. Friendly and go out of their way to make your stay an enjoyable experience.

No matter how your day has been, the staff strive to make your experience with them a great one that brings out a smile.

The rooms are very comfortable. Can't be beat. I have never noticed any cleaning issues as others have posted, and I've stayed at this property many times. It is one of the things I look at because of my travels.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
char540, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

Thank you so much for staying at our property and we are glad that everything went well with your stay. We appreciate your business and look forward to your return stay.

Thanks again,

Reviewed July 21, 2012

The hotel is conveniently located to the interstate and the airport. It took me 15 minutes to get to the airport. The hotel was very clean, the room was spacious, and the bed was comfortable. The hotel offered complimentary wifi. There must have been an event in town for the room rate to be as expensive as it was for a Friday night.

• Stayed: July 2012
char540, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

Thank you for staying with us at the Hampton Inn & Suites in Fargo. Our rates due flutuate a bit based on availability, but be sure to ask us if there are any discounts you may qualify for. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

After reading a review from another person I will agree 100%. The place is now 9 month and the place is not clean. I had to ask, for my bath tub to be cleaned before we could use it. The tile floors grout is very dirty because of not being cleaned properly. All edges and corners have dirt. Elevator had same dirt after 3 days of staying. Laundry room I had to ask them to clean so I could use it. Beautiful Inn. Great Staff. Bed comfort excellent Wine and snack 5-7 Great. Great breakfast. Need to get experienced cleaners. I would like to stay here again next year but only if cleaning is improved upon. Clean is important to me!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Hi there,

I am sorry that the hotel was not cleaned to your satisfaction. We are looking into this matter and will be completing more stringent inspections to ensure that this does not continue to happen in the future. Thank you for your feedback as it does help us make sure our hotel stays a great place to stay. We hope to see you again next year!

Reviewed July 15, 2012

We stayed one night on our way home from a vacation. We have stayed at several Hamptons in the past and thought we couldn't go wrong with a brand new one. The hotel is well laid out and the front desk service is excellent. The hotel is located very close to shopping and just off the interstate. The room was large and the bed was comfortable. We found the room not quite cleaned to standards. There were fingerprints all over the end tables and desk. There was some kind of "stuff" stuck to the bathroom vanity. The mirrors had a film. We attended the managers reception but found there was very little left to eat, this was at 6:00PM. The breakfast bar was basic but very clean. I think these issues are just a result of growing pains with a new hotel. The many other Hampton Inn's that we have stayed at did not have these issues. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel as, again, these are just "newbie" issues.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Hi there,

Thanks for staying with us! We will look into these cleaning issues and make sure they are taken care of for our future guests and we appreciate you letting us know about these issues so that we can correct them. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

We travelled through Fargo on our way home from a longer road trip. We went hotel to hotel searching for a room, but couldn't find one. Finally another hotel called around for us and this was the only place with rooms left.

We headed over, barely found the place (it's not very visible from the highway--probably why they still had rooms) and though it was a little more than I wanted to pay, we ended up with a King suite for my husband, our toddlers, and myself. It was a lovely room overall, with one of the most comfortable beds I've been in, and the included breakfast was probably one of the best I have seen on this trip. It included a number of healthy choices that were both hot and cold, plus the hotel offered 24-hour coffee in the lobby.

The guy at the front desk that night was a little abrupt with us, but to be fair it was clear he was nearly being mobbed. Unfortunately it meant that he didn't tell us that our 4th floor (and therefore super hot) room needed one of the access cards put in a special slot near the door for the A/C to even start working and how to work the A/C was not listed in the guest services directory. We called down and had to wait on hold for some time before he was able to let us know about this. TIP: you can use any card with a magnetised strip it seems--my husband experimented and our CAA card did the trick so we could both keep our room keys.

The pool was under maintenance and was not open at all during our stay, but it looked like a very family-friendly pool, and the fitness room was nicely set up with free weights.

There was only one other hiccup--the hotel only seems to have one luggage trolley. For a hotel of this size, that was definitely a surprise. We waited 20 mins or so and finally gave up and took 3 trips to lug down what we could have done in one with a trolley. The staff didn't really have much to say to that, and didn't offer any assistance, though they were courteous otherwise.

Overall, I'd definitely stay again though only if not on a tight budget.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Hi there,

Thank you for staying in our new Hampton, we are glad you found us! Sorry about the issue you experienced with the AC and the key card. We will make sure to follow up on this for our future guests and our pool is working again. We are glad you enjoyed our property and will look into the need for a second luggage cart.

Thanks again and we look forward to having you stay again!

Reviewed July 11, 2012

The staff worked extremely hard to find us a room when it seemed the whole town was booked. Wasn't prepared for the influx of workers needing rooms in North Dakota and did not have room booked in advance. Stayed one night on our trip from Alabama to Williston, North Dakota. The layout of the room was great! The bed was extremely comfortable, wish we could have stayed here the whole time! Staff was helpful and friendly. Thanks to everyone there!

Room Tip: We had a King Suite - very unique!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your review and staying with us! We are glad you enjoyed the suite and hope to see you again!