“Great”
Review of JL Beers

JL Beers
Ranked #7 of 335 Restaurants in Fargo
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Award Winning Burgers with Fresh-cut Chips & Fries. 32 Beers on tap.
Reviewed January 16, 2013

First place I tried in Fargo a few months ago its on my weekly rotation :) I was greeted with big smiles and quick service great drink specials too

Reviewed January 9, 2013

A great place for a burger and a beer. At least over 20 beers on tap and you can always ask for a sample. The fries are delicious as well as the burgers. The only drawback is that the place is too small for any groups over 4. If you go on a Friday or Saturday night, expect to wait 20-30 minutes for a table to open up.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

I cannot believe the number of reviewers who are focused on the fact only bottled water is available. Have you ever stopped to think that the low cost and quick service in a restaurant like JL Beers is predicated on efficiency and generating income with each stop at your table? If you want waiters to dote on you and keep the free water topped off every 5 minutes, try going to Mezzaluna (which I also love) or get ready for a bigger tab. JL Beers has fast food prices with a much higher quality product and the profit is generated by your purchase of beverages.

The burgers, chips, fries, and beer cheese dip are fantastic in a simple, fresh, delicious, quality way. In my experience, the service has always been great. If you are hungry for burgers, chips/fries, a beer cheese dip you will sop up every drip of, and a wonderfully urbane beer selection, you need to frequent JL Beers.

Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

I travel to Fargo a few times a year for business, and i will always make a point to stop at the downtown or West Fargo location. Great selection of tap and bottled beers, incredibly fresh burgers and chips, and a fun and friendly atmosphere. You can tell that everyone enjoys working there, as it comes through in their product and services. Would put JL Beers on a short list of "must visit" places when in the Fargo area. Would love to open one in my hometown of Hutchinson someday...someday

Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

This place was just in the right place at the right moment. After working a long day, some colleagues recommended this place and they raved about the long list of beers, especially craft beers.

After the very shirt walk from the hotel to the place, I looked at the bar and I was in heaven. I asked the bartender to recommend a dark stout with a chocolate/nutty flavor. She provided me with two different ones and I had a dilemma. I didn't know which one to choose. She had given me the two perfect beers. So obviously I have to order one of each.

Even the place was small,it carried a nice environment and a good crowd. I'll come back again and try the burgers. Even thought they were cleaning the kitchen, she offered the service. I felt bad so I declined. However I'll make it next time a little early so they don't have to clean up after me.

Thank you Jl beers, ill come back again :)