“GO HERE!!!”

Dining options: Reservations
Minnesota
“GO HERE!!!”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I grew up in Fargo and left in the early 2000s before downtown became a hot spot. I came back for the first time in years and dined at the Taste of Italy. We found out about the new staff (exec chef, etc.), and it was even better than expected. I would highly recommend the Taste of Italy to anyone looking for fine dining in Fargo. In addition, it's located in a historic and GORGEOUS building in downtown. I abhor chains and this restaurant was much more my style.

Other facts:
Open 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday.
Weddings and other events are frequent on the weekend (it has three floors available).
Jazz on Tuesday evenings on the third floor.

I'm from the Cities, and I would assume that young professionals would make this their "it" spot.

• Visited August 2012

North Dakota
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Our food was top notch,tastefully decorated and great service. We were visiting Fargo to attend a concert downtown and my supervisor at work recommended this restaurant. It was a little difficult to find but once we found it, we were pleasantly surprised. We will be back!

• Visited July 2012
Winnipeg, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pretty good”
Reviewed June 8, 2012

I was excited to try this place on my trip to Fargo, but was ultimately just slightly disappointed. I guess the usual restaurant is upstairs but they had a wedding going on so there were tables placed on half of the downstairs. So right off, I was disappointed on missing out on the apparently "amazing" historic decor. Also, our table was near the wall and there must have been an air vent directly above us, because we could feel a cold draft, so much so that I had to put on my sweater and jacket.

Our waitress didnt seem to like her job all that much, although she was never rude, and service was really really slow, probably because the kitchen was far away. The food was delicious, but the rest of the experience just wasn't what I was expecting.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Jo157
Fargo, North Dakota
“Excellent Food and Great Ambiance”
Reviewed May 1, 2012

This is my new favorite restaurant in Fargo. The food is excellent as is the service. I really like the historic atmosphere! On the negative side if the restaurant is full it can be a little noisy.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank Dave12345_10
Northern Iowa
“A Delightful Surprise - Highly Recommended”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

My husband and I were in Fargo for a conference, and searched out A Taste of Italy on one of our free nights because we had seen a review on Trip Advisor. We were pleasantly surprised. The setting is beautiful - exquisite ceilings, gleaming wood floors, big windows, a dome, an open, airy, yet private feeling... The historic renovation is perfect. The food was a definite treat - the soup was incredible. My husband had a Tuscan sausage and I had a bisque with asparagus and blue cheese that was amazing. My husband enjoyed his antipasto, and I had a delicious manicotti / cannelloni filled with tender chicken and rosemary cream topped with a Gorgonzola cheese sauce. I loved it. I should also say that I own a restaurant and have very high expectations. I'm hard to impress. A Taste of Italy definitely made a great impression on me.

• Visited April 2012