“Great Place”

Ranked #5 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Winnipeg, Canada
“Great Place”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Everything about this hotel was top shelf. The beds are crazy firm and that is great for my back as it likes a firm bed. I think i saw a wood duck out the window during my stay, it was odd as it was late november and also wood ducks stuck!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Josh E, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fargo, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Dear Michael Y,

Thank you for staying with us recently, we're glad you did! Thanks also for taking some time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor community. I am very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your next visit. Stay warm in Winnipeg!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
North Dakota, United States
Reviewed December 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed here over Thanksgiving. The room was clean, no problems. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The fitness room was well-equipped, but could have used a fan. Breakfast was wonderful.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Julie H,
Thank you for posting this review here on TripAdvisor! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your time spent with us over Thanksgiving. Thank you for the input on the fitness center as well, I will see if we can't get a fan put in there. We do have a few box fans available upon request, so if you stay with us again, don't hesitate to ask for one, or for anything else - we'd be happy to take care of you!
Mpls, United States
Reviewed November 30, 2013

We look forward to our time in Fargo North Dakota because we know when we arrive we will be treated as special guests. The staff always makes sure we have a room ready when we arrive early. We love the comfortable beds and the privacy each room provides. We often invite our friends and clients to meet us for dinner in the dining room. The food is tasty and priced fairly. We love to sit by the fireplace at chat after working all day, fresh coffee and cookies are something we look forward to as a reward for the day. I suggest trying the Hilton, once you do, you will return time after time like we do. Enjoy!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Wes H,

Thank you for your review! We always enjoy hosting you when you're here in Fargo. See you again soon!
Chaska, Minnesota
Reviewed November 28, 2013

We always stay at Hilton. This was terrible. Beds are hard as rocks. Pillows stink and need to be cleaned. Very uncomfortable. Room across from pool entrance awfully noisy. Room is run down and needs a facelift as well as public areas. Travel a lot. This Hilton does not meet the standard. Sorry. Clean your pillows and replace the rocks you call comfortable beds!

Room Tip: Not room 132 right across fro. Pool entrance
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Gwendolynn L
Josh E, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fargo, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear frostbitinminnesota,

Please accept my apologies for the issues you experienced during your stay. If we haven't refunded your stay already, please contact me at erickson@raymondteam.com, so that I can take care of your stay on us. We do not expect you to pay for a stay you weren't 100% satisfied with.

I especially want to apologize for the issue you experienced with the pillows in your room. We have plenty of pillows on hand, and are happy to replace them upon request. That being said, our pillows are on a scheduled cycle to be deep cleaned, so I will have to look into when those pillows were last deep cleaned. Of course, our pillowcases and pillow protectors are laundered after every guest checks out.

Regarding the comfort of the bed, it is unfortunate that some guests do not sleep well on our adjustable Garden Sleep System beds. If you read many of our recent TripAdvisor comments, you will see that is our #1 complaint, but you will also see many guests who sleep well on them, and love them each time they stay with us. It is very difficult to have a type of bed that every person enjoys. We do have mattress pads available that do help soften our mattresses, and are happy to place those on the beds upon request.

I would also like to hear more about your comments about the room being run down. We have many comments about how beautiful and well-kept our rooms are, so if we missed one for some reason, I'll be sure to have our maintenance team take a look and fix it up right away.

Again, I apologize that your stay wasn't a good one, and I want to make it right with you. Please contact me at your leisure so that I can find your reservation and refund your payment. I would also like to discuss further accommodations for you due to your experience.

Thank you for the feedback you've given us. I am certain our hotel will be better because of your comments. Have a great day, and I look forward to hearing from you!
Fargo, North Dakota
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We would like to thank Matt (front desk) and all the wonderful staff at the Hilton Garden Inn in Fargo. Our stay started out for only two nights, but under some unusual circumstances we had to return to the Hilton for a third night. Matt was so very understanding under our circumstances and went above and beyond the call of duty. A big appreciation and thank you so very much. I would recommend this hotel to everyone. L Martinek

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Josh E, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fargo, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear LucyM975,

Thank you very much for your kind review, and for recognizing Matt as one of our team members who made your stay a great one. I'll be sure to recognize him for doing so! Thank you very much for your recommendation, it means a lot to us! We look forward to your next visit!

Thanks, and have a great day!
Bloomington, MN
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Beautiful Hilton Garden Inn. Located away from noisy roads. Breakfast area very well run. Numerous restaurants nearby. Lucky 13 Restaurant within walking distance. This is my #1 choice for lodging in Fargo.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear John R,

Thank you so much for the review! We are really happy with our location close to the interstates, but not too close to have noise issues, not to mention our proximity to the West Acres Shopping Mall and numerous excellent restaurants, like Lucky's 13. Thanks for the commendation of being #1 in Fargo! That's always our goal!

See you again soon!
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Good stay overnight in Fargo. The hotel is off the highway near a lot of shopping and restaurants. We went to a nearby mall and visited the Roger Maris museum. The staff was friendly; attractive lobby; good breakfast. We also visited the Great Plains Art Museum downtown; it is worth a visit.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Josh E, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fargo, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear enaj43,

Thank you very much for your kind review of our hotel. It is very much appreciated!

Our guests tend to love our location, with our great proximity to the West Acres Mall (and the Roger Maris Museum inside!), many great restaurants, and an easy 15 minute drive to either the Airport or the Fargodome. We are also proud of our teammates and building for providing the service and accommodations so many guests desire.

Thanks again for your comments. I'll be sure to pass them on to our team. We look forward to your next visit!