“bad night sleep”

Hilton Garden Inn Fargo
Ranked #6 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Reviewed November 28, 2013

We always stay at Hilton. This was terrible. Beds are hard as rocks. Pillows stink and need to be cleaned. Very uncomfortable. Room across from pool entrance awfully noisy. Room is run down and needs a facelift as well as public areas. Travel a lot. This Hilton does not meet the standard. Sorry. Clean your pillows and replace the rocks you call comfortable beds!

Room Tip: Not room 132 right across fro. Pool entrance
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Gwendolynn L
Josh E, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Dear frostbitinminnesota,

Please accept my apologies for the issues you experienced during your stay. If we haven't refunded your stay already, please contact me at erickson@raymondteam.com, so that I can take care of your stay on us. We do not expect you to pay for a stay you weren't 100% satisfied with.

I especially want to apologize for the issue you experienced with the pillows in your room. We have plenty of pillows on hand, and are happy to replace them upon request. That being said, our pillows are on a scheduled cycle to be deep cleaned, so I will have to look into when those pillows were last deep cleaned. Of course, our pillowcases and pillow protectors are laundered after every guest checks out.

Regarding the comfort of the bed, it is unfortunate that some guests do not sleep well on our adjustable Garden Sleep System beds. If you read many of our recent TripAdvisor comments, you will see that is our #1 complaint, but you will also see many guests who sleep well on them, and love them each time they stay with us. It is very difficult to have a type of bed that every person enjoys. We do have mattress pads available that do help soften our mattresses, and are happy to place those on the beds upon request.

I would also like to hear more about your comments about the room being run down. We have many comments about how beautiful and well-kept our rooms are, so if we missed one for some reason, I'll be sure to have our maintenance team take a look and fix it up right away.

Again, I apologize that your stay wasn't a good one, and I want to make it right with you. Please contact me at your leisure so that I can find your reservation and refund your payment. I would also like to discuss further accommodations for you due to your experience.

Thank you for the feedback you've given us. I am certain our hotel will be better because of your comments. Have a great day, and I look forward to hearing from you!

Reviewed November 20, 2013

We would like to thank Matt (front desk) and all the wonderful staff at the Hilton Garden Inn in Fargo. Our stay started out for only two nights, but under some unusual circumstances we had to return to the Hilton for a third night. Matt was so very understanding under our circumstances and went above and beyond the call of duty. A big appreciation and thank you so very much. I would recommend this hotel to everyone. L Martinek

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Josh E, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Dear LucyM975,

Thank you very much for your kind review, and for recognizing Matt as one of our team members who made your stay a great one. I'll be sure to recognize him for doing so! Thank you very much for your recommendation, it means a lot to us! We look forward to your next visit!

Thanks, and have a great day!

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Beautiful Hilton Garden Inn. Located away from noisy roads. Breakfast area very well run. Numerous restaurants nearby. Lucky 13 Restaurant within walking distance. This is my #1 choice for lodging in Fargo.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear John R,

Thank you so much for the review! We are really happy with our location close to the interstates, but not too close to have noise issues, not to mention our proximity to the West Acres Shopping Mall and numerous excellent restaurants, like Lucky's 13. Thanks for the commendation of being #1 in Fargo! That's always our goal!

See you again soon!

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Good stay overnight in Fargo. The hotel is off the highway near a lot of shopping and restaurants. We went to a nearby mall and visited the Roger Maris museum. The staff was friendly; attractive lobby; good breakfast. We also visited the Great Plains Art Museum downtown; it is worth a visit.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Josh E, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Dear enaj43,

Thank you very much for your kind review of our hotel. It is very much appreciated!

Our guests tend to love our location, with our great proximity to the West Acres Mall (and the Roger Maris Museum inside!), many great restaurants, and an easy 15 minute drive to either the Airport or the Fargodome. We are also proud of our teammates and building for providing the service and accommodations so many guests desire.

Thanks again for your comments. I'll be sure to pass them on to our team. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed November 17, 2013

second time staying at this Hilton , again its the staff that makes this place tick . from the moment we stepped in , we were greeted by a friendly front desk staff !! Kudos to Tony he really makes you feel welcome . rooms again were clean and very adequate and we really like the addition of kureig coffee makers to go along with the microwave and mini fridge .

we love the open concept of the breakfast area with the nice sitting areas . I believe on weekends they set up a section for kids with games and wii , nice if you want to enjoy breakfast or lunch and have the kids play within eyesight .

The continental breakfast is top notch best we ve seen great selection of items and if you want a full breakfast that's available too , its nice they have 24 hr coffee snacks juices .

pool is small but adequate . our kids had fun for the time they were there .

I guess if I had a bone to pick its those adjustable beds !! I think you love them or hate them . we ve tried all settings soft to hard and both my wife and I still end up with sore hips and not great sleeps . I wish they would ditch them for sleep number beds or a high quality latex mattress !!!

Not sure if this will impact our next trip to Fargo, but its hard to pass up great staff service !!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear picaaso,

Thanks for your kind words again, about our hotel. I am glad to hear that you came back to see us again! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed many of our amenities, including our restaurant-style breakfast and our new Keurig coffee makers in each of our rooms.

We look forward to serving you again in the future! Have a great day!

Reviewed November 16, 2013

This hotel is rated number one in Fargo for good reason. It is very clean and well maintained. The staff were welcoming and helpful. The room we had was large and very nice. The Keurig coffee machine in the room was a very nice touch. Overall a very nice hotel, we would stay here again.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Mike570,

Thanks for staying with us and for recommending us based on your experience! We work hard to ensure 100% satisfaction for each of our guests; a result of those efforts is maintaining our ranking on TripAdvisor. We focus much of our time on cleanliness and service, so I am glad to hear that you noticed both during your time here.

Thanks again for the recommendation and nice comments. We can't wait to have the opportunity to serve you again soon!

Reviewed November 15, 2013

We've stayed at a number of lodging facilities off the interstate in Fargo/Moorhead. The Hilton Garden Inn is tops in our book. It's located near restaurants, the movie theater, mall and the visitors center (which is fun with the wood chipper from "Fargo"). Service is very friendly and good. We were upgraded on our last visit and got free breakfast with my husband's Hilton Honors. The room was spotless and comfortable. WIFI was free for us and fast. The fitness center was decent and there's a nice business center as well. Highly recommend and will return.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear minniegirl01,

Thanks for the recommendation of our hotel to the TripAdvisor community! I am glad to hear that you gave us such a strong recommendation based on your recent stay. We try our best to be the best hotel in Fargo, so I am glad to think that's what you think of us!

Can't wait to see you again!