“Fargo Hilton Garden Inn”

Hilton Garden Inn Fargo
Ranked #5 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Rosemount, United States
“Fargo Hilton Garden Inn”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

My family had a great stay! We were in town for a wedding and spoke prior to arrival about an early arrival time. They said that they would note it and try to accomodate. When we got to town, the room was ready. The staff was very friendly. My kids LOVED the KidsZone! Treats and games; what could be better?

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Josh E, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fargo, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Dear Anne U,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to Fargo! I am glad to see that you enjoyed your time with us, and that your kids had such a great time in our KidZone! We really enjoy taking care of the families who stay with us on the weekends!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Williams, Mn., United States
Reviewed August 7, 2013

A wonderful experience. Staff were extraordinary in making sure we were well taken care of. Handicapped accesible room had some issues, but generally, everything was great. Thanks to all the staff we dealt with for their excellent service.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Josh E, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fargo, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear Tom O,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel with the TripAdvisor community. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your time here, and that our staff were able to assist you with what you needed!
winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed August 6, 2013

This hotel was very clean, staff was very friendly. In the evening you can enjoy cookie and coffee/drink in the lobby if you like. The kids area was excellent had games and colouring table, also treats for the kids. No issues very easy to get to. Parking lot bright at night. Would recommend to others, costs a little more but worth it.

Dawn M,

Thanks for taking the time to post a review here on TripAdvisor. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your time here. We really enjoy getting our hotel ready for our families arriving on Fridays, with our pool toys and KidZone. It's a blast seeing kids playing with each other and their families.

Hope to see you again soon!
Glendive, Montana
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Impressive lobby, mirrored elevators, clean. Check in was easy, rooms where clean and relatively quiet. Rather hard beds or I'd of given a higher rating. No trash bags in the garbage cans, a little odd to me. Nice linens but expected more plush towels, I guess I wasn't blown away, my first time staying at a Hilton, I probably expected more than there is. There wasn't a free breakfast either, everything was expensive and since my child didn't even eat the small helping of fruit and cottage cheese I wasn't too happy that it cost nearly $5.00. Anyways, I wont stay at Hiltons again, there's a better deal at the C'Mon Inn.

Dear searching4utopia,

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel while you were in Fargo, and thank you for your feedback about your stay. I am sorry to hear that we didn't make enough of an impact on you to earn 5 stars like we have in many other recent TripAdvisor reviews. Would you consider contacting me at erickson@raymondteam.com? I would like to hear more about your stay, and make sure you are 100% satisfied, as we are committed to that and will do what it takes even now to take care of you.

Also, you should not have been charged $5 for your child's fruit and cottage cheese. We have a restaurant on site and are pleased to be able to offer a full cooked-to-order restaurant experience, with great food and great service. However, when guests want only a few items, or even 1, we have to be sensible, and it appears that our breakfast servers may need to be reminded to make sure our guests are taken care of in a fair way. Again, if you contact me by email, I will be more than happy to make that right for you.

Also, regarding the garbage cans - they are cleaned by our housekeepers after every stay (sprayed and wiped out). We feel they look better without a trash bag wrapped around them, with only a paper liner at the bottom.

Thanks again for your candid comments, and I hope to hear from you and hopefully have the chance to serve you at our hotel again in the future.
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Stayed here as part of a family reunion. The staff was awesome in everyway. Helping us with our luggage, opening doors, asking us if we needed anything and being very nice to the kids. The rooms were nice and clean.
I don't know if it was the room I had stayed in, but the bed was rock hard, no matter which setting I placed the dial on. Very sore back the first morning.
If I have to stay in Fargo again, I would try and stay here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear NorskyNE,

First of all, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post a review of our hotel here on TripAdvisor! I hope that your time spent with your family was enjoyable; it was an honor for us to be a small part of that, and we had a lot of fun watching you all interact!

I am sorry to hear about the bed you slept on. Would you consider contacting me by email at erickson@raymondteam.com so I could get a little more information about that? I would like to hear more about your stay and make certain you were 100% satisfied.

Thanks again, and if you're ever back in Fargo, I hope you'll choose to stay with us!
Fort Leavenworth, Kansas
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We stayed at a Hilton Garden Inn in Kansas just two weeks prior, so it was interesting to compare the two hotels. We were happy with our Manhattan, KS stay, but the Fargo property blew them away.

This property almost has a resort-like feel to it. Attention to detail was incredible (full sized umbrellas at the door, tons of water toys in the pool, rubber ducky in the bathroom, etc.). The lobby was comfortable, yet energetic (ok, maybe the energy had to do with the crazy family reunion we were a part of). The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The bartender took the time to make fancy drinks and the 24 hour access to coffee and muffins were much-appreciated.

One of our favorite amenities was the kids area in the lobby. This is something I would expect at a resort...tons of snacks, juiceboxes, Wii games, Guitar Hero, board games, legos and big comfortable beanbag chairs. What standard hotel offers this? It was awesome.

Just a few small cons. I could be wrong, but the room seemed to be a bit smaller than the last hotel. Also, it would be nice if they would hang a rope to keep the 3 foot section of the pool separate from the rest of the pool. My five-year-old got a little too brave at times:-\ The hotel did provide new arm floaties for my daughter and goggles to my son, though, which was nice.

Another con: breakfast. The food itself was wonderful. But the pricing process was confusing. $9.95 for everything, $3.95 for continental, continental was free for kids, everything was free for ages 5 and under, but everything was $5.95 for kids older than 5. Very confusing. I don't mind paying for a good breakfast, but the kid-pricing seemed strange and the staff struggled to explain it.

Other than that, I really appreciated this hotel. Would go back in a heartbeat!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Yvonne0426,

Thank you so much for staying with us and also for writing this wonderful review of our hotel, we are very happy to see that you enjoyed your time with us. I have already passed on your review to our top-notch team members who make it all happen. It is such a blessing to work with each one of them.

Thank you for your candid feedback regarding our pool and breakfast. I will look into the idea of a rope for the shallow end and see if that's something that is workable. I also appreciate your comment regarding breakfast pricing; sounds like an opportunity for some training! It is $9.95 for adults and $4.95 for kids (4-12). The continental option is $3.95 for adults, and free for children with a paying adult. I will make sure to go over this with our breakfast staff.

Thanks again for staying with us, we hope to see you again!
Palm Springs, California
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

Very welcoming staff. Cookies and beverages greet you in the attractive lobby area. Clean, bright, quiet and comfortable room. The bed was a adjustable firmness type. Convenience of a nice cocktail bar and restaurant was appreciated. Had great cocktails and a very nice dinner.

• Stayed July 2013
Josh E, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fargo, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Dear martinione,

Thanks for choosing to stay at our hotel during your recent trip to Fargo! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your time here and that you got to experience our bar and restaurant. We have a very delicious menu, as I'm sure you got to see. I hope you got to try one of our signature martinis, they've been very popular this summer.

Thanks again for your nice comments - I'll be sure to pass them on to our team members! Have a great rest of the summer!