“Amazing Customer Service from the Garden Inn Team”

Hilton Garden Inn Fargo
Ranked #6 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We had just walked out of the hotel that we had booked on line for our long weekend due to it being old and unclean. As we drove away we decided to salvage our weekend whatever it cost. As we walked through the doors of the Hilton Garden Inn we knew that this was the place we wanted to stay and after a brief conversation with Tony on the front desk we were convinced. He instantly recognised that something was wrong and having listened to our story he offered a deal for us to stay at the same price as the hotel we had just left. His service and manner was extremely professional, just what we needed at that point. He obviously takes pride in his work.
The room was spacious, clean and had been prepared by someone who obviously took pride in their work. Tony called the room after about an hour "just to check that everything was ok" I think that he already knew the answer!!. We had supper in the hotel, and were not surprised that the food was cooked and presented by a chef who obviously took pride in his work, and the service was efficient and friendly. The bed was comfortable and everything in the room worked as it should. We went for Breakfast at a very busy time, but this did not mean a drop in standards, when necessary the Assistant General Manager and the Executive Chef were both clearing tables to assist the servers. The hot breakfast was, as expected, very well cooked and presented and there was a large variety of items to choose from. Having travelled extensively in Europe, North America and Asia we found this an experience that is second to none. The Excellence in Customer Service shown by the staff at the Hilton Garden Inn is a model for any other hotel, there is an obvious "Team" attitude displayed by the staff that will ensure these high standards.
We will certainly be back.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Josh E, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Mike,

First of all, it was great to meet the two of you this past weekend. We really enjoy getting to know our guests, and I think you experienced that firsthand this past weekend. Every one of our staff enjoys (and is completely empowered) giving all our guest a first-rate experience, to ensure 100% satisfaction in all aspects of their stay.

What you saw take place in regard to our service really is a day-to-day thing, it isn't just one weekend out of the year. It springs from a team atmosphere, where each team member puts others ahead of themselves and does what is right, not just what they think they should do. We care for our guests, and also try to anticipate and deliver on our guests needs all the time.

Thank you so much for taking time to recognize Tony, I will make sure he is recognized here as well. He is a valuable asset to our team, and we look forward to many more years with him as one of our team members. I know he enjoyed getting to know you and helping you out in the situation you found yourselves in.

Again, thank you for taking the time to let other TripAdvisor users know of your experience, and we look forward to you visiting us again!

Reviewed March 30, 2013

We definitely enjoyed our stay here. One of the nicest hotels we've stayed at a while. The front desk staff was very helpful on check-in and was eager to help. Definitely recommended. Their breakfast buffet was also good!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear Chomie,

Thank you for taking some time to post a review of your stay here on TripAdvisor, we really appreciate your kind words! All of our staff, from our housekeepers, to maintenance, to our servers in our restaurant - we all take pride in our hotel, and I am glad to see that you saw that. We really enjoy taking care of our guests by providing great service, clean rooms, and high-quality food (for breakfast & dinner!). Also, we like to have fun and make our guests happy, no matter what is going on outside of the hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to having you back in the future!

Reviewed March 26, 2013

My one day stay in the -7 degree cold was warmed by the great people and facilities here at the Fargo Hilton Garden Inn. The beds were big and adjustable. I warmed up the room with no issues and took a hot shower. it had the best breakfast ever and the staff was great helping me decide what i wanted

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Josh E, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2013

Dear Jim,

Thank you for taking some time out of your busy day to post a review of our hotel here on TripAdvisor! I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay. We really enjoy taking care of all of our guests, and doing what is right, no matter what it is. Our staff is also one-of-a-kind in their desire to ensure 100% satisfaction for all of our guests, and that appears to be what you experienced during your recent stay.

Again, thank you for your kind words. I will make sure our team members see your review!

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I have to say that Pearl and Lisa at the front desk are amazing and should teach "Customer Service" classes to others in the business. They were wonderful on the phone and in-person. They went above and beyond to make our stay wonderful! They are superior in customer service and I will totally be staying there again.

Thank you for making our weekend get-a-way special!!!

Room Tip: The fourth floor room with the jacuzzi tub in the room was great! Nice view and very quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Laura,

Thank you so much for your kind words about our staff and hotel. We really enjoy helping people out and doing whatever we need to do to make them feel right at home. I will make sure to recognize Lisa and Pearl for their outstanding work in assisting you have a great get-away weekend in our hotel!

We can't wait to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future!

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I have nothing but GREAT things to say about this Hotel. The people were bar none...TOP NOTCH!! I honestly cant even think of a bad thing to say about this place. Classy-Clean-Friendly- close to shops, restaurants. I will most defintlily be back!! :)
Thanks Much- Nancy from WI

Room Tip: Most friendly Hotel I have EVER been to!

Nancy,

Thank you so much for writing a review of our hotel here on TripAdvisor. We really enjoyed serving you at our hotel during your recent stay. We really work hard to ensure that all our guests are 100% satisfied throughout their entire stay, and our team members really have a lot of fun going above and beyond the call of duty as well.

We look forward to having you back again in the future!

Reviewed March 21, 2013

My husband had to stay in Fargo to take a Microsoft test, and since we were experiencing bad weather in this region, I did not want him driving on bad roads 60 miles to get to the test center on time. I booked the hotel and knew he was safe. Well, the bad weather ended up being a blizzard, so the testing center closed.Josh, the acting manager made the call to provide a pizza lunch for all the guests instead of having them traipse out in the bad weather and get in an accident. I cannot tell you what a great idea that was, and how relieved I was to know my husband was safe.

ALL the staff at this hotel were amazing, and he truly enjoyed this stay which turned into a 2 day event due to the blizzard. I highly recommend this location for anyone that needs a hotel in Fargo, ND. Prices are very reasonable, staff is fantastic, and the food in their restaurant is wonderful. Make sure to try their pierogies as an appetizer while here as well, you will be very pleased. Thanks gain to all the staff, but especially Josh who made a great call in a bad situation, it is very appreciated. -Ginny Saul (Jim Saul was the guest)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Josh E, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Dear Ginny,

Thank you for posting this review on our TripAdvisor page! It was a pleasure meeting your husband and a few other weary, stranded guests. The circumstances weren't great, but we tried to make the best of it anyway!

Also, thank you for your kind comments regarding our food. We really take pride in doing everything as well as possible. We have no desire to be #2 in anything in Fargo-Moorhead, so we always do everything as well as possible, from the cleanliness of our rooms, our front desk service, and our food quality.

We look forward to having you and/or your husband again in the future!!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I was snowed in for two days and stayed at this property. This by far, rates at the top for hospitality, friendliness, courtesy, cleanliness, comfort and most importantly, a great crew. They made my stay feel as though I was right at home. What a wonderful place to be stranded at!!!!!

Kudos to the management staff and all the employees. Job well done!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Josh E, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Dear Jeff Z,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay here on TripAdvisor. I was happy to meet you while you were here, and glad to hear that our employees really made a difference in your stay. We really have top-notch people here, and I am proud to be associated with each and every one of them. I will make sure this comment is passed on to them so they know everything they do is appreciated by our guests! We look forward to hosting you again in the future!