“Great Staff, Great Hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn Fargo
Ranked #6 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Normally I shy away from "excellent" ratings unless there was something out of the ordinary for a hotel.

And the HGI Fargo had it on my second visit to the hotel -- I woke up after a few inches of snow and saw one of the staff members cleaning the snow off the guests cars. I would never expect that out of any hotel simply because it is beyond the call of duty. But, in Fargo it seems they know how to treat and retain customers. So good for you HGI Fargo!! Keep up the great work and the great hotel!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Josh E, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Dear JJ870,

I am excited to see that we rose to your expectations of an "excellent" hotel. That is very humbling! We do take pride in the service we provide here at our property, and every team member from housekeeping to bartenders to front desk to maintenance lives that each and every day. We are always looking for new ways to surprise and excite our customers and to become a place where guests are really taken care of and happy to be. We love to be a home away from home for everyone.

Thanks for your kind words, I will make sure it is passed on to our staff. We hope to be able to host you again in the future!

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Fargo

Reviewed March 4, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel many times while traveling on business. Love the location, very close to great restaurants, gas stations, even drug stores, and the mall. The main reason I love this hotel however is the staff! A specific personal story to relate from just yesterday.
Yesterday, I drove up a day early due to an impending snowstorm. I called earlier in the day and asked if I could add a night onto my stay, and the reservation was made promptly, and an email confirmation came thru within minutes. I was advised it was a 4p cancellation.
I arrived around 6p to check in, and while talking with the front desk person (Matt) he told me several cancellations were coming in due to the storm - due to flights being cancelled. I remember he also reminded me of the 100% satisfaction guarantee....which doesn't always happen at all the properties I stay..... I checked into my room for literally 5 minutes, got online, and found my business colleague's flights had been cancelled for today- thus no meeting, no need to be here for two (or more) days!
I went back downstairs explained my situation to Matt, and he took care of everything and let me check out after checking in literally 10 minutes ago - with no penalty. Now that is personal, understanding, excellent service!
The property has great amenities - is quiet, nice big rooms including 2 room suites (living room with pull out sofa and chair in front room and the bedroom) so it's a great fit for many needs - business and pleasure.
Two other colleagues always stay here also - it's our only choice and they've earned our loyalty!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Josh E, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Dear StPaulygal,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel here on TripAdvisor. I am sure many within the TripAdvisor community appreciate your review as well.

We do have some excellent team members here at our hotel, and I am blessed to come to work every day and interact with them. Each one genuinely cares about each and every guest, and each one is empowered and expected to make sure each guest is 100% satisfied with his or her stay. I am glad to see that this has happened for you multiple times and that you continue to come back time and time again!

Thanks again for your kind words, and we look forward to hosting you again on your next trip through Fargo!!

Reviewed February 28, 2013

We arrived during a very busy peewee hockey tournament for a girls getaway weekend. We were treated like our stay was just as important as the 100's of other hockey families. Tony surprised us with a beautiful room and fruit/cheese/crackers and a bottle of wine! We enjoyed our stay immensely and will surely only stay at the Hilton Garden Inn when visiting Fargo. On our departure we had the pleasure of meeting the Hotel GM Mr. Halverson. He too wanted to know if our stay was satisfactory. He praised his staff for being responsible for our great stay. Obviously it starts at the top and he was proud to say they were the best! We agreed! Thank you! We will be back!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Tracy,

Thank you so much for your review about our hotel. I am thankful that you've shared your experience with the TripAdvisor community. We always try our best to treat every guest like they're our own family. Sometimes, on weekends like this hockey tournament (128 hockey teams in Fargo, ND!), it can be difficult to accomplish, so I am happy to see that you felt this way.

Tony is an excellent example of our team members. Each one does whatever he or she can do to make each stay special. We don't always have whirlpool rooms available, but we try to do whatever it takes to make sure each guest is 100% satisfied.

Thanks again for taking the time to post this review. We look forward to having you back again in the future!

Reviewed February 27, 2013

This is the only hotel I've stayed at on my business trips to Fargo. It's centrally located and easy access are starter pluses but the overall treatment by the staff is amazing! :) I was there 2 weeks ago and it snowed the entire day and all night (shocker right?)... While having breakfast the next morning, we looked out and realized the hotel staff had scraped and cleared all of the guests windshields! It was amazing and a great help to everyone that morning! When I tell that story to friends and co-workers, everyone is in Awe! Top Notch!! I love it!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Josh E, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Dear Malanda,

Thank you for posting a review of our hotel here on TripAdvisor. I appreciate your kind words about our staff! We really are blessed with some awesome team members here at HGI Fargo. They are all dedicated to ensuring 100% guest satisfaction on a daily basis.

We actually look forward to snow here at our hotel, because it is another great chance to serve our guests. We generally get out to clear sidewalks and the snow off cars by 6 or 7 am, no matter the day of the week. Whatever it takes to make sure our guests are taken care of from the moment they enter our hotel, to the moment they leave our grounds!

We look forward to having you back again Malanda! Until then, take care!

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I stayed here for business as I was presenting to a group whose conference was held at the hotel. Prior to arriving my executive assistant called to inquire if all the beds were the "garden inn" mattresses. I travel a lot and really find those mattresses uncomfortable. Lisa Richter took the time to listen and assured my admin, that she would do everything she could to make the bed comfortable. Lisa said they would put a special mattress pad on the bed. When I arrived the shuttle van was broken so they had arranged for a taxi to pick me up, and it was very nice, clean, I believe the name of the cab company was Go-go. The staff who greated me were very nice and went i got to my room, I found a note on the bed from Josh Erickson, wishing me a good nite's sleep on the bed. Then in the bathroom there was a charming little duck!
This is a wonderful hotel, no reason to stay anywhere else in Fargo!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Josh E, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Dear Liz,

Thanks for posting a review of our hotel here on TripAdvisor! I am happy to see that you enjoyed your time here. We were happy to be of service to you during your stay, and hope to have the chance to host you at our hotel again in the future!

We take all guest requests very seriously, no matter what it might be, so bringing a mattress pad up to your room before you got here was a no-brainer for us - whatever it takes to make sure our guests are 100% satisfied!

Regarding the taxi ride, the name of the company is GoCab Taxi, and they have partnered with us now for about a year, and many of our guests have similar comments about their experience with GoCab. I will make sure to pass on your compliments to their owners.

We hope to see you again! Until then, safe travels!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I was not happy to see the two hockey teams that had just arrived prior to us checking in. We thought about going somewhere else but the front desk assured us that they have taken measures to make sure our stay would be fine. There were young hockey kids all over the hotel but at 10 p.m. they were encouraged to use the kid zone area. It was amazing as I wouldn't have known that there were kids there at all. The kid zone area looked like a lot of fun and we had a wonderful stay. The only downfall was that we couldn't use the pool or hot tub due to all the kids. The exercise room was great and the kids weren't allowed in there. The breakfast buffet was simply wonderful too. Fresh fruits and veggies was a real treat.

Room Tip: It's very close to the mall if you are looking to shop.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Josh E, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear Dawn,

Thanks for your review of our hotel! We had quite a weekend with 4 hockey teams in our hotel. I'm glad to see that you enjoyed your stay even amongst the craziness of International Squirt Hockey!

We do have our KidZone out every weekend, so not just on hockey weekends. Our hotel wasn't really built with kids and families in mind (Hilton Garden Inns are known more for catering toward business travelers), so we have to work a little harder to make it family and kid-friendly on the weekends. We have pool toys in our pool and KidZone as well, to make sure all guests (no matter the age!) always feel welcome in our hotel.

We will be looking at possibly having our pool open a little longer on the weekends for adults only. It is input from guests like yourself that really helps us get better every day! Thank you!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I use this hotel frequently for business and it is perfect. the frontdesk staff is always willing to help and the breakfast staff is wonderful. I've even held large events for up to 40 people and the experience with event staff was ideal. They worked with my budget and timing, making the event go off without a hitch.
having the bar in the lobby is a nice touch too after a long day on the road.

Dear Chris,

Thanks so much for your kind words about our hotel. We take pride in both our rooms and our convention center, so I'm glad to see that you had great experiences on both ends of our facility!

We are always trying to make sure our guests are 100% taken care of, whatever the request may be. We try to provide much more than just a room to sleep in, or a room to meet in.

If there's ever anything more we can do for you, don't hesitate to ask!